PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SD's Last 10 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
You played your starting defense against the Cardinals the entire game and they were able to crawl back within a score.
Ryan Bingham and Brandon Mckinney do not qualify as our starting defense, we switched to a 4-3 after we pulled Igor Olshansky and Jamal Williams late in the 3rd, and Luis Castillo wasn't active.

We went up 27-7 on the Cards and began pulling our starters. That game was never in doubt. We aren't sliding.

Rivers had a couple of off games while our receivers were banged up, but he's played really well this year. And he's the top rated passer in the 4th quarter, which means he plays his best when it counts most.

Whoops. Got some facts bogused there chumly. I suggest you go and reveiw the play-by-play.
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=261231024&quarter=0

The Chargers went up 27-7 in the 3rd quarter, but you didn't pull any starters until the 1:31 left in the 3rd quarter. And, from the Play-by-play, any starters you pulled were on OFFENSE. Your starting defense continued to play through-out the 4th quarter, even though Arizona put up 2 TDs and a FG.

Now, one thing about your claim of Rivers being the best passer in the 4th quarter. It doesn't necessarily mean that he plays his best when it counts the most. It could very easily mean that he was able to pad his stats against poor teams so that it would over-shadow the times he was only average in the 4th quarter. And having a highly potent offense can help you with that. As Payton Manning proved many times.

Wow, this thread is hilarious. Of all the dumb homers that have showed up on the board this season, these Bolt fans have to be the most ignorant of reality.

I am really worried about this game. The Pats are going to have to play a perfect game to win, and overcome quite a few difficult matchups in the process. But the Bolts are far from a flawless team.... From their coach down.

Got you. If the Charger DBs didn't suck at getting INTs, they'd have a lot more INTs. Makes sense. Thanks.
There is a difference between "sucking at getting INT's" and what the Chargers DB's are challenged at, they are in position to make a play on the ball, they are simply unable to catch.

Whoops. Got some facts bogused there chumly. I suggest you go and reveiw the play-by-play.
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=261231024&quarter=0

The Chargers went up 27-7 in the 3rd quarter, but you didn't pull any starters until the 1:31 left in the 3rd quarter. And, from the Play-by-play, any starters you pulled were on OFFENSE. Your starting defense continued to play through-out the 4th quarter, even though Arizona put up 2 TDs and a FG.

Now, one thing about your claim of Rivers being the best passer in the 4th quarter. It doesn't necessarily mean that he plays his best when it counts the most. It could very easily mean that he was able to pad his stats against poor teams so that it would over-shadow the times he was only average in the 4th quarter. And having a highly potent offense can help you with that. As Payton Manning proved many times.

i'm begining to think that DaBruinz doesn't even watch charger games. if he wants to think that a 4-3 defense is the chargers' base package, i say let him be.

There is a difference between "sucking at getting INT's" and what the Chargers DB's are challenged at, they are in position to make a play on the ball, they are simply unable to catch.
LMFAO - you do know "the catch" is a requirement for "the INT" right ? :rolleyes: :p

Ryan Bingham and Brandon Mckinney do not qualify as our starting defense, we switched to a 4-3 after we pulled Igor Olshansky and Jamal Williams late in the 3rd, and Luis Castillo wasn't active.

Shawn Merriman, Donnie Edwards, Quentin Jammer, Marlon McCree are all starters on your defense.

Just because those guys went in for a series (normal rotation) doesn't mean you pulled your starters. Also, I suggest, since you didn't bother to, you go back and read the last series of the play-by-play that the Cardinals had in the 4th quarter. Olshansky was still out there playing.

hmm, apparently you disagree with the prestige of the pro bowl designation when it doesn't back your argument. i would be willing to bet you were the same person who used tom brady's pro-bowl selections as evidence towards his greatness..

the person underserving of a pro-bowl invitation this year is Tony Romo.

I haven't watched a pro bowl since I started following football in 1975. it is worthless and means nothing. But don't worry, much like Colt fans you will have that to hang onto when your season abruptly ends on Sunday

:rocker:

i'm begining to think that DaBruinz doesn't even watch charger games. if he wants to think that a 4-3 defense is the chargers' base package, i say let him be.

Never said that it was. But you are clueless if you think that you took your starters off the field for more than a series. Especially when the Play-by-play shows that guys like McCree, Merriman, Olshansky, Jammer, etc, are still getting credit for tackles during the Cardinals last offensive series of the game.

You may have gone to the 4-3, but your important starters were still on the field.

the cardinals gave the BEARS a run for their money, not the chargers. the chargers had been without two of their three starting receivers (McCardell and Parker) and they STILL managed to pull out victories against seattle and KC.

Wow, they beat Seattle and KC without two out of their three starting receivers. That's impressive.

The Pats went 12-4 without their two best receivers, and coached up the replacements to get better and better to this point.

In 2003-2004 they won two SB's while LEADING THE LEAGUE in games missed by starters.

Know before whom thou posteth.

Shawn Merriman, Donnie Edwards, Quentin Jammer, Marlon McCree are all starters on your defense.

Just because those guys went in for a series (normal rotation) doesn't mean you pulled your starters. Also, I suggest, since you didn't bother to, you go back and read the last series of the play-by-play that the Cardinals had in the 4th quarter. Olshansky was still out there playing.

so teams are expected to pull all 11 starters and throw in 11 backups with homefield advantage still on the line? thanks for the insight.

BTW, has anyone noticed the fetish SD fans have about a) sacks and b) Pro-Bowlers.

The Pats every year have very few Pro-Bowlers. The Patriots are a deep team. You may beat them with your starters, but they will get you in the end with their depth.

The Dan Snyder School of Football Management is looking creative young people in SD.

Wow, they beat Seattle and KC without two out of their three starting receivers. That's impressive.

The Pats went 12-4 without their two best receivers, and coached up the replacements to get better and better to this point.

In 2003-2004 they won two SB's while LEADING THE LEAGUE in games missed by starters.

Know before whom thou posteth.

yes, the chargers beating seattle and KC without 2 receivers is impressive.

the patriots winning two SB's while leading the league in games missed by starters is also impressive, but it doesn't discount what the chargers did.

try again, shakespeare.

the patriots winning two SB's while leading the league in games missed by starters is also impressive, but it doesn't discount what the chargers did.

try again, shakespeare.

The Strength, Dear Brutus Lies not in the Stars, but in the Depth.

(and putting those two impressive achievements on the same pedestal is ludicrous. My goodness, how did they ever survive the vicious D's of Seattle and Kansas City with two of their players hurt!!!)

try again, shakespeare.

The chargers have done NOTHING yet. Get back to me Feb 5th

No. What is a joke is you San Diego fans coming in here and punding your chests and acting like we should give you respect for being stupid.

Sorry, but I believe that Chicago, the Pats, Baltimore, and even Carolina have better front 7's . Its probably on par with Pittsburgh's front 7.

OH, btw, its not a matter of how good the front 7 is. Its a matter of how good the defense is. The San Diego defense has given up an average of 21 points over its last 10 games. That says alot.

The Pats are the team peaking right now. Over 35 points a game over their last 4 games while only allowing a bit better than 16 points.

In their last 5 regular season games, since Merriman's return, the Bolts allowed 87 points and scored 135. In their last five regular season games, the Pats allowed 93 and scored 132. The Bolts were 5-0 in those 5 games. The Past were 4-1. The combined records of the Pats last five opponents was 31-49. The combined record of the Bolts last 5 opponents was 39-41. In their last five, the Bolts played 3 teams with winning records. The Pats played 0. In their last five, the Bolts played 2 playoff teams. The Pats played 0.

Yes, I can see how all of this adds up to the Pats "peaking" and the Bolts "fading." :rolleyes:

If the Pats have been playing their best and the Bolts have outperformed them while not playing their best, I don't think that bodes well for the Pats.

In their last five, the Bolts played 2 playoff teams. The Pats played 0.

That's because the Pats knocked two teams out of the playoffs in their last two games......ON THE ROAD.

And those two "playoff teams" SD played were Seattle and Hermie.

That's because the Pats knocked two teams out of the playoffs in their last two games......ON THE ROAD.

And the pats knocking off Jax and Tennessee allowed Hermie's chefs to sneak in the playoffs :singing:

Last edited:

So what. Virtually every team we played in the last half of the year was fighting for the playoffs, and we beat them all--Cincy, Denver (twice), Buffalo, KC and Seattle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes