PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats running game on pace to be the worst in the NFL in the last 10 years

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
A puny 2.7 yards per carry today, bringing our rushing YPC stats down to 3.2. Just 1 TD.

I did some research…3.2 YPC over the season would be statistically the worst rushing offense in the NFL in 10 years. Ravens were at 3.1 in 2013 and it’s only week 5 so there’s plenty of time to be under them too.

So WTF. Rham looks nothing like the guy he looked like last year, the offensive line can’t run block… anything else. Much harder to have any semblance of offense when you can’t run… especially when you have a GM who built a roster whose strength is supposed to be running not passing.

A puny 2.7 yards per carry today, bringing our rushing YPC stats down to 3.2. Just 1 TD.

I did some research…3.2 YPC over the season would be statistically the worst rushing offense in the NFL in 10 years. Ravens were at 3.1 in 2013 and it’s only week 5 so there’s plenty of time to be under them too.

So WTF. Rham looks nothing like the guy he looked like last year, the offensive line can’t run block… anything else. Much harder to have any semblance of offense when you can’t run… especially when you have a GM who built a roster whose strength is supposed to be running not passing.

=============================================
Rham looks nothing like the guy he looked like last year, BECAUSE the offensive line can’t run block…

Speaks volumes .... because we have 2 decent RB's.
Rahm's game is running behind a blocker ... and there are none getting any push.

With an offense this anemic, would be curious how it’d play out for the run game going a little old school and bringing back a true fullback. Particularly with the type of backs they have in Rham and Zeke.

ANYTHING at this point is better than putting up zero points.

#FireTheGM&HisF&FsNoLaterThanBlackMonday

Last edited:
The offensive line is Belichick’s greatest personnel crime this offseason. Everyone knew tackle was a major problem and it was not addressed. The OL has completely negated any semblance of a running game.

The 2003 team averaged a garbage 3.4 ypc and allowed 32 sacks. Terrible line, no notable receivers. Must have been Bill’s coaching that the offense miraculously finished 12th in scoring…just ask the cult.

Interesting. 2 weeks ago when I said on this board that the running game looked “sad” i was roasted by knuckleheads including one genius who said I do not belong on this board. Similar attacks when I said last year that BB should be canned for last years fiasco. I am sure many of the homers who attack dissenting views will go quiet or pretend they knew all along the pats would be terrible.

Interesting. 2 weeks ago when I said on this board that the running game looked “sad” i was roasted by knuckleheads including one genius who said I do not belong on this board. Similar attacks when I said last year that BB should be canned for last years fiasco. I am sure many of the homers who attack dissenting views will go quiet or pretend they knew all along the pats would be terrible.

Yep; no speed, no imagination, no execution, no nuthin.

Preach Brother preach...they are lurking in the shadows.
Shadow GIF by Dior and I

I would cut OCBOB lose his play calls have been disappointing.

Quarterback can't complete a pass. Load the box on every play, why not. Mac Jones is going to beat you over the top? He can't complete a pass over 5 yards.

No defense needs to fear mac and can focus on stop the run , formula to success against this offense and qb

Why would the Pats be rushing the ball when they are behind in virtually every game?

Research for a cure for slackjaw.

Why would the Pats be rushing the ball when they are behind in virtually every game?

Research for a cure for slackjaw.
That explains number of carries not yards per carry.

Also your boy Zappy Smurf is complete trash. Doesn’t belong in the league and never did. So you can stop thinking he’s good.

Thus endeth the football 101 lesson for today.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back