PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter Report: Falcons Plan to Hire Raheem Morris as Head Coach for 2024 season

Rich McKay **** his pants again. I hope the Falcon fans enjoy it.

We have a fan base (I don't consider this board a representation of Patriot fans any more. Liars come in groups to destroy a false hope narrative.).

I just hope this anti BB crowd are just as vindictive against Mayo on draft night and during free agency.

Trust the BB's homer defense group to jump into action to put out nonsense in response to facts.

What happened to "we root for the laundry?" Because our head coach is changing to someone else new to lead a new era you want people to turn on Mayo? If anything you're the one exposing yourself as a "false fan" as you're putting it. It's time to get over your butthurt and face reality - the Patriots franchise has moved on from Bill Belichick.

It's time to support Mayo and hope the Patriots can make the right moves to rebuild this franchise.

Bill left this team in a shambles, 4-13, WORST ranked offense in the league, and Kraft had no choice but to move on.

Bill's 4 years post-Brady exposed him to be not much of a head coach without an Elite level QB to carry the team's offense. The facts are that BB is a defense-first coach and has no clue how to build or run an offense. For goodness sake this man thought Matt Patricia at OC was a good idea and he reportedly wanted to keep MP at OC for 2023!!

It's no wonder that the Falcons felt uncomfortable giving BB "total control" of their franchise and headed in another direction. His track record without TB12 is sub .500 and his last 4 years have just proven he's not someone you want to make key personnel decisions. Not if you care about things like talent or winning games.

This is not about vindictiveness, it's about results. Bottom line 4-13 is unacceptable. Time to move on.

Football is a business and results matter.

Last edited:
My prediction, we look back on this and say that this was the best thing that could have happened to Bill. A lot of these teams will flop with their new HC, the media pendulum will swing to "how were these teams so dumb to not hire Bill", he'll get a better opportunity next cycle.
And what happens if the Patriots LOSS to the Jets is the very last game that BB coaches in his career?

Then we've come full circle haven't we? Bill loses to the team that he left at the altar. And his coaching career ends on a sour note, a loss to a rival team.

It looks like the remaining NFL teams needing a Head Coach aren't interested in Bill so at the very least he remains unemployed for this year.

Who even knows if anyone will bite at the end of next year? The longer you're away from the game the more unlikely you are to return.

IF his career ends this way, at least there was a kind of poetic ending to it. Lose to the Jets, the team you turned down the head coaching position decades ago.

Then he talked his way out of the Falcons head coach job. Career over. It is what it is.

He had a good run and he'll end up in the HOF. Enjoy your flowers in retirement, Bill.

When you read this thread, you realize they were blown away by several of the candidates, none of them were Bill. Without getting into details, it makes it clear why Bill wasn't selected even though he's never mentioned.

There's a lot more that goes into these selections than historical football knowledge and Xs/Os. These franchises are looking for young energetic leaders that can motivate, develop and inspire this younger generation of players.

You f*cking simpleton. What are they supposed to say, that the rest of the candidates sucked?

Do you know by whom the Falcons were also “blown away”? Dan Quinn and Arthur Smith (the guy whom they pick over Mr. Electric and his 21-38 head coaching record). All of the organizations that have made ****ty head coaching choices were “blown away” by those coaches during the interview process. It means less than nothing.

Your pathologic obsession with ****ting on the coach who played a huge part in the 20 years of sustained success of the team that you purport to love is getting more pathetic by the day. In your delusional world, you seemingly think that you are owning “Team Bill” with your absurd number of anti-BB posts over the past week. You are pitiful but we don’t pity you. Instead, we laugh at you.

Editing a post at 1:30 am, as if anyone here reads your 30th anti-Bill post of the prior 24 hours closely enough to catch a typo? LOL.
Tell us that you have no friends/lovers/joy/life without telling that you have no friends/lovers/joy/life. If you disappeared tomorrow, more people here would likely notice than anyone in the “real world”. That is a clear indication that you have lost in life.

You f*cking simpleton. What are they supposed to say, that the rest of the candidates sucked?

Do you know by whom the Falcons were also “blown away”? Dan Quinn and Arthur Smith (the guy whom they pick over Mr. Electric and his 21-38 head coaching record). All of the organizations that have made ****ty head coaching choices were “blown away” by those coaches during the interview process. It means less than nothing.

Your pathologic obsession with ****ting on the coach who played a huge part in the 20 years of sustained success of the team that you purport to love is getting more pathetic by the day. In your delusional world, you seemingly think that you are owning “Team Bill” with your absurd number of anti-BB posts over the past week. You are pitiful but we don’t pity you. Instead, we laugh at you.

Editing a post at 1:30 am, as if anyone here reads your 30th anti-Bill post of the prior 24 hours closely enough to catch a typo? LOL.
Tell us that you have no friends/lovers/joy/life without telling that you have no friends/lovers/joy/life. If you disappeared tomorrow, more people here would likely notice than anyone in the “real world”. That is a clear indication that you have lost in life.
Says the guy who was ****ting on Tom

From "sources":

"There was a story—in free agency, one of the teams, they were interested, and all of a sudden, they weren't interested at the very end," Brady Belichick said. "I was sitting there thinking, 'You're sticking with that [former interim] motherf--ker? Are you serious?'"

download.jpg

Darth Vader Father GIF by Star Wars

stay-deathstar.gif

Let's not make it personal stay on target

the problem is that Bill wants total control of football operations....at 72, something he hasn't exactly shown hes been good at the last 5 years.

its one thing to reorganize your whole football ops for a younger guy. Its another when you basically reorganize everything for a 72 year old gone in 3 years. so basically you end up like the patriots with all your talent/brains gone out the organization having to start from scratch in 3 years.

it always made sense for bill to go to someone like the cowboys/bills. underachieving team right there.

the problem is that Bill wants total control of football operations....at 72, something he hasn't exactly shown hes been good at the last 5 years.

its one thing to reorganize your whole football ops for a younger guy. Its another when you basically reorganize everything for a 72 year old gone in 3 years. so basically you end up like the patriots with all your talent/brains gone out the organization having to start from scratch in 3 years.

it always made sense for bill to go to someone like the cowboys/bills. underachieving team right there.
There's a less than 10% chance Morris makes it past 3 years. Look at hires around the league last couple decades, last 10 years whatever. The vast majority of coaches have a shelf-life of 1-3 yrs, especially a guy like Morris who has already been on the merry-go-round.

This is why it makes perfectly logical sense to go for it all now rather than going back into the cycle of doom.

Plus, people keep saying Belichick would leave in 3 yrs. He would leave coaching but stay on as GM.

There's a less than 10% chance Morris makes it past 3 years. Look at hires around the league last couple decades, last 10 years whatever. The vast majority of coaches have a shelf-life of 1-3 yrs, especially a guy like Morris who has already been on the merry-go-round.

This is why it makes perfectly logical sense to go for it all now rather than going back into the cycle of doom.

Plus, people keep saying Belichick would leave in 3 yrs. He would leave coaching but stay on as GM.
Who’s saying that and who the hell would want him as a GM?

You would think an owner with knowledge of big companies is well aware that higher management's main concern is holding onto their super well-paying jobs as long as possible.

There's also the "don't just stand there, do something" principle, which you see in every big business and institution. People getting paid well feel they have to put their stamp on things so that their value and worth is tied to their initiatives. This is always why you always have a "New Plan for Excellence" every 2 or 3 years as the new guy cycles through, and it's often just the opposite of the previous guy's plan, borrowing heavily from the head guy's plan from 7 years ago.
...but somehow never achieving "Excellence."

What part of the GM and HC will report directly to Blank don't you understand? McKay has been shifted to the soccer operations. He'll continue to deal w/ the league's competition committee.
What an organization says about matters of daily influence and how it acts are two different things. What your describe could theoretically describe successful organizations...but, aside from one embarrassing trip to the SB, it does not result in success in this case.

Who’s saying that and who the hell would want him as a GM?
The post I responded to is saying that. Why would you want the guy who knows more about coaching and more about football than anyone else alive as your GM? I don't know. It's a mystery.

The post I responded to is saying that. Why would you want the guy who knows more about coaching and more about football than anyone else alive as your GM? I don't know. It's a mystery.
Coach yes, GM? You have seen what’s he’s left here right? Or are you just choosing to turn a blind eye to that?

Coach yes, GM? You have seen what’s he’s left here right? Or are you just choosing to turn a blind eye to that?
I recognize a rebuild for what it is. I look at the defense from 2021 when there were 6 old slow starters on it from the last Super Bowl; they're all gone, they've been replaced by fast talented guys. And they did this while mainly focusing on offense in the draft and free agency. I don't blame them for free agency since they were taking the best on offer. Free agency sucks when it comes to WR, we grabbed the best TEs all 3 times (Henry, Gesicki, Jonnu). We spent 6 picks on OL. We flubbed out on 2 premium picks, Mac Jones and Tyquan, and those 2 picks, especially QB, explain the really bad results. But here's the thing: you don't know, I don't now, who made those 2 bad decisions. Callahan seems to think it was the front office analytics guys who made those assessments, and Bill went along with them. He also thinks Belichick wanted Jakobi, and the front office wanted JuJu. Over his career, Belichick has been the best GM in football maybe outside of Ozzie Newsome.

Pay site.

If it is revisionist history hour, no thanks. I already know the facts. GM Bob loved Bledsoe.
Double plus good to the self appointed Ministry of Truth desperately trying to erase anything that BB contributed to the dynasty. Probably lucky that the article is too long to post, there were a number of interesting facts that would then need to be expunged from the record. For example I forgot how the veteran players like Adam V. were very vocal in their support of Bledsoe. Just because the wheels fell off at the end does not mean that BB did not do his part.

Trust the BB's homer defense group to jump into action to put out nonsense in response to facts.

What happened to "we root for the laundry?" Because our head coach is changing to someone else new to lead a new era you want people to turn on Mayo? If anything you're the one exposing yourself as a "false fan" as you're putting it. It's time to get over your butthurt and face reality - the Patriots franchise has moved on from Bill Belichick.

It's time to support Mayo and hope the Patriots can make the right moves to rebuild this franchise.

Bill left this team in a shambles, 4-13, WORST ranked offense in the league, and Kraft had no choice but to move on.

Bill's 4 years post-Brady exposed him to be not much of a head coach without an Elite level QB to carry the team's offense. The facts are that BB is a defense-first coach and has no clue how to build or run an offense. For goodness sake this man thought Matt Patricia at OC was a good idea and he reportedly wanted to keep MP at OC for 2023!!

It's no wonder that the Falcons felt uncomfortable giving BB "total control" of their franchise and headed in another direction. His track record without TB12 is sub .500 and his last 4 years have just proven he's not someone you want to make key personnel decisions. Not if you care about things like talent or winning games.

This is not about vindictiveness, it's about results. Bottom line 4-13 is unacceptable. Time to move on.

Football is a business and results matter.
Your bolded points are correct, 100%.
The only issue is - the Krafts' response has been to fire one guy, and run it all back.

4-13 IS unacceptable, and Kraft had no choice but to move on, and I agree with that. But this isn't a Super Bowl team, with just Bill Belichick, and Belichick alone holding them back.

THAT is the problem I have. I support Mayo, and I support the Patriots as I always have. But there's a clear message being sent from the front office. Belichick was the sole and total problem, and everything else was fine.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back