PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Justin Miller may end up a Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.
he is a good KR but if he isnt even needed there then whats the point of keeping him around? I hear your point about depth but you dont need to go 3 deep at KR when your best returner is very good. IMO Miller all yr was a free spot on the roster ready to be given away to anyone with a chance of having any value. Signing Law is just playing with house money. You dont seem to get that point so let me demonstrate one more time.

Jets DB depth before Miller cut/ Law signed:

1)Revis
2)Lowery
3)Coleman
4)Barrett
5)Miller

after signing Law /cutting Miller

1)Revis
2)Lowery
3)Law
4)Coleman
5)Barrett

If law is so bad that you cut him, your depth at DB goes almost exactly how it used to be only difference is you dont have Miller as your 5th corner. Thats a no downside move

I get your point. You do have to admit that cutting two players from the same position mid point to 3/4 point in a season is a pretty poor thing to do. The downside is having to look at things that way. There also can't be much cap space left if Law's vacant roster spot would have to be filled.

Re: Justin Miller may end up a Pat

you can have him, the guy is a certified scrub

What do you know about football? You're a GREEN BEANS fan! :confused:

I get your point. You do have to admit that cutting two players from the same position mid point to 3/4 point in a season is a pretty poor thing to do. The downside is having to look at things that way. There also can't be much cap space left if Law's vacant roster spot would have to be filled.

hey ty law hasnt been cut yet :)

Funny story about Miller (well maybe not)

His rookie year right before training camp start he is out doing NYC, outside of some club he some how gets into a pissing match with some other clubbers.

He gets pushed and swings at the guy and misses and hits a girl, Cops show up and he runs,,, the Cops chase him down.

And we all thought he was fast, LOL.

Turns out as I recall the girl he hit was an Obama aid.

Stop arguing! The only capacity the Pats would sign him in is kick returner/Jets info. We aren't signing to be a legitimate corner. So please stop saying how bad of a move it would be to sign him with the expectation of being a corner because they would not sign him in that capacity.

Say what you like about Mangini's character, he was an excellent defensive backs coach with the Patriots. Remember, he was working with Poteat, Gay, and Troy Brown and shut down some very strong offenses. I don't think he was hindering Miller.

Could have fooled me.

=============================================

Don't go there Rich.

Chad Johnson, Larry fitzgerald, Randy Moss, GinnJr, Bowe, Lee Evans, A Boldin, etc.

None have scored on Revis, Lowery at the #2 is a different story.

If the Pats can make Hank Poteat a competent CB, I don't see why they can't do so with Justin Miller. :D

This is the last year of Justin Miller's contract so my guess is that he gets claimed on waivers by some team like the Saints, Vikings or Colts and this discussion will be a moot point. The Pats may put in a waiver claim but will lose out due to a better overall record than those teams. The kids got talent, it's what behind the ears that needs work. He definitely has some growing up to do and approach his job in a much more professional manner.

Is Schefter ever right about anything? And, is there ANY cut player that he doesn't think will wind up with the Pats?

Schefter probably understands that Wheatley is very unlikely to be a contributer this year.

Is Schefter ever right about anything? And, is there ANY cut player that he doesn't think will wind up with the Pats?

Do you and I read/listen to the same Adam Schefter? 'Cause I can't remember the last time he was wrong with actual information (speculation with no basis for it is a different story).

Do you and I read/listen to the same Adam Schefter? 'Cause I can't remember the last time he was wrong with actual information (speculation with no basis for it is a different story).
So if he is right, then that is "actual info", but if he is wrong, THEN we put it in the "speculation with no basis" category?

conspiracy theory #xxxxxx:

The Rat fed Miller bad info about their game plan against the PATs and
cut him with hopes PATs pick him up and pump him for the unsuspected bad info. :D

Last edited:

So has Rhodes, Harris, Thomas, Jenkins, Pace, and Lowery right?

Pace, Jenkins learned their trade elsewhere.

I'd very interested to hear from you what kind of coaching and expertise Mangini has provided to Lowery.

conspiracy theory #xxxxxy:

The Rat cut Miller with hopes PATs would pick him up.
Miller is really a Trojan Horse and will feed the RAT inside info on the PATs. :eek::)

d'brick has been good this year. I hope you guys get Justin Miller he is a bum

Strange, you conveniently forgot to comment on Vernon Gholston........

SUITORS LINING UP FOR MILLER?
Posted by Mike Florio on November 12, 2008, 2:43 p.m.

When the New York Jets dumped cornerback Justin Miller in order to create a spot for cornerback Ty Law, other teams apparently have lined up to get a crack at him.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network suggests that multiple teams could put in a waivers claim for Miller in advance of Wednesday’s 4:00 p.m. EST deadline.

Possible candidates include the Raiders, Browns, Saints, and Vikings.

Priority is determined based on a team’s current record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call