PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Justin Miller may end up a Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Jets almost never let a good player or even a guy with promise get away with the exception of Penington they usually know that who they cut is simply not very good.

Hobson is an example and Mangini can usually tell talent from the experience from his days in NE

you can't really get rid of good players when you didn't have many to start with.

can you name who was on their O-line last year that left?

who played nosetackle?

how is vilma doing?

how is just mcareins?

i thought those two were decent

you can't really get rid of good players when you didn't have many to start with.

who played nosetackle?

how is vilma doing?

how is just mcareins?

Vilma is having a good not great year and McCareins is a scrub. He dropped everything last year

who played nosetackle?

how is vilma doing?

how is just mcareins?

Vilma is pretty good,but just didn't fit in Mangini's system although he has not been all that dominating in N.O thus far

veteran leadership to a young secondary, possible rotational nickel back/safety, and no down side, if he sucks we cut him for no cap hit basically. What did I miss?

If the Jets cut him then they don't have Law or Miller. Not only are they down depth at corner, but out a return man too. Teams can't toss players around like they're mannequins. So, if Law is cut, who replaces him?

If the Jets cut him then they don't have Law or Miller. Not only are they down depth at corner, but out a return man too. Teams can't toss players around like they're mannequins. So, if Law is cut, who replaces him?

Miller has barely if ever seen the field this year. I made this point to my dad, if Miller isnt returning kicks or being a gunner on punts then what function does he have on this team? He is the 5th DB on the depth chart and is rendered obsolete as long as Leon Washington is healthy. our DB's with Law are probably Revis, Lowery, Law, Coleman/Barrett, w/o Law n w/o Miller they are Revis, Lowery, Coleman, Barrett. Miller is worthless

Last edited:
I'd actually prefer Wheatley. he needs to get healthy along with Sanders who played pretty well

the big question will be our pass rush

Miller has barely if ever seen the field this year. I made this point to my dad, if Miller isnt returning kicks or being a gunner on punts then what function does he have on this team? He is the 5th DB on the depth chart and is rendered obsolete as long as Leon Washington is healthy. our DB's with Law are probably Revis, Lowery, Law, Coleman/Barrett, w/o Law n w/o Miller they are Revis, Lowery, Coleman, Barrett. Miller is worthless

You missed the question. Who replaces Law if he's cut?

You missed the question. Who replaces Law if he's cut?

no body, things just go back to the way they are now, that means there is 0 down side. We already have enough depth at DB, the issue is quality. Miller wasnt even in the rotation prior to being cut. My question is why would anyone want him here? Give one of your young CB's a shot over this clown.

Last edited:
Why pick up Miller? Just to get an idea of the Jets playbook. If you can't turn him into something useful, you cut him afterwards. Picking up Miller would just be another page in the usual division border wars.

PS Isn't Wheatley hurt again?

Last edited:
no body, things just go back to the way they are now, that means there is 0 down side. We already have enough depth at DB, the issue is quality. Miller wasnt even in the rotation prior to being cut. My question is why would anyone want him here? Give one of your young CB's a shot over this clown.

Well, I really don't want him here. What you did though was eliminate a roster spot. Suppose Coles gets dinged. The Jets will need a returner. That was Miller. Every action has a reaction. Releasing Miller and then releasing his replacement is, IMO, a bad move. So the Jets are stuck with Law whether he sucks or not. I'm not saying what the Jets did was necessarily a bad move. Your notion that Law could simply be released would make it a bad move. There is no way Mangini can be looking at it this way.

Well, I really don't want him here. What you did though was eliminate a roster spot. Suppose Coles gets dinged. The Jets will need a returner. That was Miller. Every action has a reaction. Releasing Miller and then releasing his replacement is, IMO, a bad move. So the Jets are stuck with Law whether he sucks or not. I'm not saying what the Jets did was necessarily a bad move. Your notion that Law could simply be released would make it a bad move. There is no way Mangini can be looking at it this way.

Your making this big stink over Justin Miller? lol, first off, Leon Washington not Coles is our returner and is doing so at a pro bowl level. Get this through your head, Miller is trash. He never played and when he did he sucks. What did we lose by cutting arguably our worst player? Brad Smith is the 2nd returner on the team not Miller. If Law sucks we just cut him, and if that happened, at the end of the day we cut law and a scrub in Miller who has no value on ST or D. Miller has no role on this team. If someone gets hurt and we keep law, we can easily make another spot by IR'ing Mike Nugent or cut Drew Coleman who is another bum DB I hate. Tell me what we lose? Miller is no ones replacement.

Last edited:
Can Miller return punts? If nothing else we could use an upgrade in that department. Hobbs has KR pretty much sealed up although having an alternate returner is also useful.

Why pick up Miller? Just to get an idea of the Jets playbook.

I think this is overrated. BB knows the playbook. He knows the strategy. What he doesn't know are the specific wrinkles that Mangini will throw at him for this game. Miller wouldn't help with that.

Can Miller return punts? If nothing else we could use an upgrade in that department. Hobbs has KR pretty much sealed up although having an alternate returner is also useful.

PR really isnt his forte, his makes his mark on KR's

Your making this big stink over Justin Miller? lol, first off, Leon Washington not Coles is our returner and is doing so at a pro bowl level. Get this through your head, Miller is trash. He never played and when he did he sucks. What did we lose by cutting arguably our worst player? Brad Smith is the 2nd returner on the team not Miller. If Law sucks we just cut him, and if that happened, at the end of the day we cut law and a scrub in Miller who has no value on ST or D. Miller has no role on this team. If someone gets hurt and we keep law, we can easily make another spot by IR'ing Mike Nugent or cut Drew Coleman who is another bum DB I hate. Tell me what we lose? Miller is no ones replacement.

Yes, Washington, I'm not a big Jets fan.

They would have lost a speedy returner in Miller and a CB postion in Law. From what I've read Miller was a good KR. Isn't that true?

Yes, Washington, I'm not a big Jets fan.

They would have lost a speedy returner in Miller and a CB postion in Law. From what I've read Miller was a good KR. Isn't that true?

he is a good KR but if he isnt even needed there then whats the point of keeping him around? I hear your point about depth but you dont need to go 3 deep at KR when your best returner is very good. IMO Miller all yr was a free spot on the roster ready to be given away to anyone with a chance of having any value. Signing Law is just playing with house money. You dont seem to get that point so let me demonstrate one more time.

Jets DB depth before Miller cut/ Law signed:

1)Revis
2)Lowery
3)Coleman
4)Barrett
5)Miller

after signing Law /cutting Miller

1)Revis
2)Lowery
3)Law
4)Coleman
5)Barrett

If law is so bad that you cut him, your depth at DB goes almost exactly how it used to be only difference is you dont have Miller as your 5th corner. Thats a no downside move

Last edited:

=================================================

I am not so sure that Miller doesn't have a home somewhere in the NFL. He did make the Probowl his rookie year, 1st round talent that fell to the 2nd because of charcater issues, very bad knee injury in his 2nd year.

Other then year 1 the guy has had no impact. whether that is because of some loss of speed due to the knee, being dumb, or just not fitting in and towing the company line, I am not sure. The kid has talent.

============================================================

Miller had the dropsies on punted balls, but he could return kick offs, tremendous open field runner.

=================================================

I am not so sure that Miller doesn't have a home somewhere in the NFL. He did make the Probowl his rookie year, 1st round talent that fell to the 2nd because of charcater issues, very bad knee injury in his 2nd year.

Other then year 1 the guy has had no impact. whether that is because of some loss of speed due to the knee, being dumb, or just not fitting in and towing the company line, I am not sure. The kid has talent.

============================================================

Miller had the dropsies on punted balls, but he could return kick offs, tremendous open field runner.
as a returner he definitely will find a home but he has no future as a DB

as a returner he definitely will find a home but he has no future as a DB

=====================================================

Probably not, it's not like he was never given a chance.

Still a change of scenery might do him good, maybe move him to safety, he can tackle.

I wonder if his knee or attitude is the real issue.

Boy would I love to get you two in a time machine, transport the both of you to J.I. two years ago and let you go at it with Ray Ray 19...what a bloodbath that would be

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call