PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Moss to Vikings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wheres your sense of humor? Sheesh.
If I didn't have a sense of humor you would have been banned after your first comment.

Is that better?:D

Re: Mixed Feelings on Moss

Clearly you have no idea what the Vikings are about. I will repeat again...the Vikings are not a passing team like the Patriots. Their MO is a strong defense and the running game (Adrian Peterson). Favre at this point is but a game manager unless its 3rd and long.

That's their MO because it has to be. If you seriously think Favre is a game manager then you are wrong. That may be their best chance to win, but that's not who Favre is. Getting Moss opens everything else up for them, safety's aren't in the box anymore to slow down Peterson....and if they do come down Favre will go deep all day to Moss. Bottom line is that if you can get a motivated Randy Moss......how can your team not get better?

latest from schefter
From my experiance "block buster" means theres something Big on both sides of the trade. Could it be a multiple player deal?

Re: Mixed Feelings on Moss

I don't even care for the Vikings... but Rice and Harvin are coverable with one decent player... AP will take some planning, but he will get the yardage anyway. Moss will get doubled, and Favre will force to him. I think D Coordinators know what to do...

So you dont think Rice is a #1 reciever? Come on now... Are you oblivious to talent? Rice is better then any reciever on NE set aside from Moss.

latest from schefter

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I just can't see the upside :(

If I didn't have a sense of humor you would have been banned after your first comment.

Is that better?:D

Sticks and stones! Id just sign up again. lol

Vikings are in a win now mode. Pats have 12 picks next year. They surely dont need anymore. Moving the pick to 2012 might be the incentive the vikings need.

And the Vikings will be at least a 10-6 team with Moss if not better. So getting a late 1st round pick in 2012 for Moss is a dumb idea when this team needs to get wins now.

Who the hell is going to be the Pats #1 receiver now? This makes ZERO sense. Unless they are giving us an absolute stud in return that can help this defense now and a future #1 receiver type.
Brady must be pissed that there are even rumors circulating.

You don't take a team that has scored 38, 38, and 41 points in 3 of 4 games and then SUBTRACT their #1 reciever. WTF? This had the potential to be a 'greatest show on turf' year for the offense!

Last edited:
From my experiance "block buster" means theres something Big on both sides of the trade. Could it be a multiple player deal?

Hopefully Mankins gets moved also... maybe OUR first may be moved for some quality replacements... Jared Allen, Antoine Winfield, Sidney Rice... I hope we get actual players for Moss...

I say the Pats will get the better deal out the two... yeah we lost our best receiver... but we have Brady. Points will decrease, but Brady will not have to throw to double coverage much anymore. we will probably throw more screens now though

He doesn't have to throw into double coverage now. He chooses to sometimes, but he certainly doesn't have to. No QB ever has to throw into double coverage.

Eh, still hoping this trade doesn't happen. I don't get it, but ever since the Seymour trade I've accepted that they sometimes make deals that just make no sense to me. They've certainly earned the benefit of the doubt, so I won't raise a huge fuss about it, no matter how ill-conceived I think it is.

Bottom line:

5) If we get a player who improves the defense, ideally someone in the secondary -- especially someone who will be here for a while, I am not only thrilled with the trade but we just got closer to being a contender.
6) Expounding on 5, I like the idea of an improved defense along with a passing offense that contains Brady, Welker, Tate, Hernandez, Gronk, Woodhead. Unfortunately I doubt the trade will include an improvement to our defense (at least for this season).

I am with you on this. My hope is that they look at swapping Moss for a player with a similar contract on the defensive side of the ball. That would be either Jared Allen and Antoine Winfield. But like you, I think it unlikely, probably it's for draft picks if it happens. But unlike you, I think it will. Too much smoke for there to be no fire.

And the Vikings will be at least a 10-6 team with Moss if not better. So getting a late 1st round pick in 2012 for Moss is a dumb idea when this team needs to get wins now.

DOUBT IT, just because you are in a win now mode doesn't mean you will automatically win games by getting superstars.... Look at the Redskins

I tend to agree, but in the days before moss the defense was tip top. While i think this defense will eventually jell im not sure it will be good enough without a lot of points scored.

Excellent point. My take is that, by flushing him out of our system and completing the process of getting back to Moving the Chains, we'll actually improve our Ball Controlling and, thus, help the Defense.

I concur that, ultimately, I don't know if this Defense will be Championship Caliber by the end of this year...But I believe that this Defense will, indeed, improve by leaps and bounds by the end of the year and that last night was, in fact, a Break Out Game.

Sorry, but this:

was a swipe at Vrabel, and Johnson was being looked at as a bust.

If stating a fact is a swipe in your world than so be it. The truth hurts. As a bust by who? The guy had 4 solid years as an ILB in a 4-3 and then has to adjust to playing ILB in a 3-4. It could be he just needed time to adjust and learn the system. He looks pretty good now, under RAC. Maybe it was the coaching? Don't know as you stated it can't be quantified. But Vrabel's play on the field can.

He doesn't have to throw into double coverage now. He chooses to sometimes, but he certainly doesn't have to. No QB ever has to throw into double coverage.

Eh, still hoping this trade doesn't happen. I don't get it, but ever since the Seymour trade I've accepted that they sometimes make deals that just make no sense to me. They've certainly earned the benefit of the doubt, so I won't raise a huge fuss about it, no matter how ill-conceived I think it is.

We got a 1st for Seymour... how does it not make sense? Favre CHOOSES to throw to double coverage. WHy else does he always throw picks? he isn't Peyton Manning

The good news about rooting for the Patriots: BB does what he believes is best for the team, regardless of what the media or the fans might think.

The bad news about rooting for the Patriots: See "The good news." :) :(

Schefter from 30 seconds ago:Said one source familiar with Moss-to-Minnesota trade talks: "I'd be shocked if it doesn't happen." Expect it to happen Wednesday.

I was talking to my brother right after it was reported and hoped it was a 3 way trade with SD. Minny gets Moss, SD gets Mankins and we get Vincent Jackson.

Wishful thinking but one can hold out hope. :D

If stating a fact is a swipe in your world than so be it. The truth hurts. As a bust by who? The guy had 4 solid years as an ILB in a 4-3 and then has to adjust to playing ILB in a 3-4. It could be he just needed time to adjust and learn the system. He looks pretty good now, under RAC. Maybe it was the coaching? Don't know as you stated it can't be quantified. But Vrabel's play on the field can.

1.) Your opinion is not fact. You're welcome to it, but saying that a player is done is a swipe at that player when you do it, just as it's a swipe at that player when I do it.

2.) You have no idea what you're talking about with Derrick Johnson.

I'd give up Antoine Winfield. A stud tackler that is pretty good in coverage but gives up some big plays. If you guys want to improve against the run, there isn't a better corner in the league.

The Vikings don't need him either, with Chris Cook, Cedric Griffin, and Asher Allen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore