PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Moss to Vikings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do not NEED to replace Randy Moss, boys.

Randy Moss was not a part of any of our 3 Super Bowl Championships.

It's truly astounding, how many folks think this is a bad thing.

yea but welker will get moss' extra defender now. Welker has never played a game with the pats without moss. Really ballsy move by the pats. Tate has had a few good plays but to think his production will be anything close to moss this year is insane.

That is your response? Really?? It's no wonder why people get annoyed with you. You made a definitive statement, then back tracked from it, then you make an analogy that supports your orginal definitive statement, that you backed off from.

You talk in circles. :bricks:

You made a useless swipe at Vrabel. I responded it. In the interest of being more thorough with my follow up, I noted that I couldn't quantify something that's not quantifiable. It's well known that Vrabel has been helping the linebackers in K.C. by serving as a mentor as well as by playing. If you can't figure out that such mentoring would be helping Johnson, I don't know what to tell you.

Re: Mixed Feelings on Moss

Clearly you have no idea what the Vikings is about. I will repeat again...the Vikings are not a passing team like the Patriots. Their MO is a strong defense and the running game (Adrian Peterson). Favre at this point is but a game manager unless its 3rd and long.

So what is the point in getting Moss then? they already have Rice whose going to be back in a couple of weeks... If they are a running team, why get a receiver?

I'm not exactly sure how or why I should be bitter about something that may or may not happen, and that's without even getting into how the alleged trade works out for either side. I guess I have this strange habit of watching the games to wait and see what happens rather than crowing about things that have yet to happen, and perhaps never will. Good luck with your farm though. I'll stick with 36, 38 and 39 in my Powerball numbers, thank you - though as a Viking fan I would think you would stay away from 04 - along with 07, 09 and 11.

Wheres your sense of humor? Sheesh.

I tend to agree, but in the days before moss the defense was tip top. While i think this defense will eventually jell im not sure it will be good enough without a lot of points scored.

Last edited:
This is upsetting. If all we get is another ****ing mid round draft pick I'm going to be broken up like I was when we cut Milloy and Colvin/Brady injuries.
What happened in the two seasons after Milloy was cut is a great example of why people should watch the games and the season rather than jumping to conclusions. You just made a great argument for why people should not get upset, rather than be upset, if Moss is indeed traded.

We aren't getting a 1st rnd pick for a 33 year old even if hes a future hall of famer.

Vikings are in a win now mode. Pats have 12 picks next year. They surely dont need anymore. Moving the pick to 2012 might be the incentive the vikings need.

give me that defense with charlie weiss and crennel and one more exp receiver other than welker , we can still talk about it....this isnt one of those teams with moss and without him its even worse...at least in the immediate time being...

You made a useless swipe at Vrabel. I responded it. In the interest of being more thorough with my follow up, I noted that I couldn't quantify something that's not quantifiable. It's well known that Vrabel has been helping the linebackers in K.C. by serving as a mentor as well as by playing. If you can't figure out that such mentoring would be helping Johnson, I don't know what to tell you.

That is where you went wrong to begin with. I made no such thing. I love the guy but he is done, and keeping an aging LB on board for 4+ million on a playoff calibar team is not smart. See Willie Mcginist. Same thing. No doubt he provides leadership, but first I disagree Johnson was underachieving, he may have struggled in the 3-4, but he was not underachieving prior to Haley showing up.

And beyond that the guy I was replying to made an ignorant comment. Chung has done more in 4 games on the field than Vrabel has in 19 games. So to say we got nothing for Cassel and Vrabel is just plain ignorant of the facts.

Last edited:
This team will likely make the playoffs with or without Moss. And if the Colts and the Pats in 07 have proved anything, big name receivers don't necessarily equate to wins (or even good stats) in the playoffs.

Vikings are in a win now mode. Pats have 12 picks next year. They surely dont need anymore. Moving the pick to 2012 might be the incentive the vikings need.
Im sorry but i'd be shocked if moss fetches a first.

So what is the point in getting Moss then? they already have Rice whose going to be back in a couple of weeks... If they are a running team, why get a receiver?

Put yourself in the shoes of a defensive coordinator. How would you defend against Moss, Rice, Harvin, and AP on the field at once? Not to mention Shaincoe whos a favorite of Favre. Its a difficult task to manage all that talent. I think people just love to hate on Minnesota sports teams for no apparent reason.

What happened in the two seasons after Milloy was cut is a great example of why people should watch the games and the season rather than jumping to conclusions. You just made a great argument for why people should not get upset, rather than be upset, if Moss is indeed traded.

The Milloy comparison is not really apt, except for those talking about the emotional impact. Milloy had become a shell of himself, and had gone the previous season without a single impact play. Moss is still a quality receiver. Also, Milloy was made expendable because a better player, Harrison, was brought in prior to the move. No such player exists in the current situation.

Put yourself in the shoes of a defensive coordinator. How would you defend against Moss, Rice, Harvin, and AP on the field at once? Not to mention Shaincoe whos a favorite of Favre. Its a difficult task to manage all that talent. I think people just love to hate on Minnesota sports teams for no apparent reason.

I don't even care for the Vikings... but Rice and Harvin are coverable with one decent player... AP will take some planning, but he will get the yardage anyway. Moss will get doubled, and Favre will force to him. I think D Coordinators know what to do...

Because the Vikings currently have Bernard Berrian as their #1 receiver. LMAO

Please reread my previous post. How are teams shutting Adrian Peterson down? They cheat and move their safeties up to the frontline. With a deep threat...and especially with someone like of Moss caliber...other defenses can no longer do that...

Last edited:

I'm not judging the move yet. We don't even know the compensation. I'm just saying, if we trade him, especially for a mid round draft pick, I'll be upset. Randy has given us a lot of great memories and whether this turns out to be a good deal or not, it'll suck not seeing him suit up for us anymore.

Last edited:
latest from schefter

Said one source familiar with Moss-to-Minnesota trade talks: "I'd be shocked if it doesn't happen." Expect it to happen Wednesday.

Minnesota and NE plan to complete the blockbuster trade that will send Randy Moss back to Vikings on Weds, according to multiple sources.

That is where you went wrong to begin with. I made no such thing. I love the guy but he is done, and keeping an aging LB on board for 4+ million on a playoff calibar team is not smart. See Willie Mcginist. Same thing. No doubt he provides leadership, but first I disagree Johnson was underachieving, he may have struggled in the 3-4, but he was not underachieving prior to Haley showing up.

And beyond that the guy I was replying to made an ignorant comment. Chung has done more in 4 games on the field than Vrabel has in 19 games. So to say we got nothing for Cassel and Vrabel is just plain ignorant of the facts.

Sorry, but this:

...What has Vrabel done in two years in KC? Here I'll do it for you he has 6 solo tackle in 3 games this season with 1 forced fumble. He had 2 sacks last year with 43 tackles.

I hated that Vrabel was part of the trade emotionally. But he is done.

was a swipe at Vrabel, and Johnson was being looked at as a bust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes