PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Moss to Vikings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Moss popped off post game because he had 1 pass his way?

Not sure what to think. I trust BB and I am a little tired of all the "Is Moss unhappy/dogging it/blah blah blah" speculation which just never goes away. But on the other hand, I dunno. I like Randy and it's very hard for me to let go of what made 2007 a special, if bittersweet year. I don't know, I'm tired after last night and rambling a bit.

Things can never just be boring around here, can they.

Different circumstances. Our defense didn't run through Milloy. Not even in part. Our offense, at least in part, runs through Randy Moss at this point. What he does opens up EVERYTHING for the rest of the receivers. Trading him, especially for a third rounder, is a HORRIBLE idea.

We don't need him ... we have you for all the rest of the road games.

Last edited:
maybe the Pats floated this out there to see what the Vikes would pay Moss on an extention to feel out the market value to give him a contract at the level

pretty soon pats going to have every pick in the draft :eek:

Great!! That way draft master BB can pickup every mediocre player available.

We'll get 27 tight ends and 15 DB's, all 5'9" 175lbs.

Can't wait.

personally..i think thsi will happen and this will be 2006 all over again with a brady body language watch ..:( its not happened yet because probably BB wants to squeeze the vikes for some ridicolous amout and not a 3rd rd pick which would be absurd.
If Moss does walk the Pats will most likely get a 3rd anyways, so I don't really see the point in settling for that little in return. Granted the compensatory pick would be a year later, but it seems like he should be worth more than that if - IF - this trade does indeed happen. By comparison look to see what the Pats got for Seymour, and also look and see what they got for Maroney. You can't tell me the difference between Moss and Maroney is the difference between a 3rd and a 4th.

By the way, I think this must be about the 4th 'Moss to Vikings' trade rumor I've heard since Moss became a member of the Pats. It's gone from an annual event to a bi-monthly rumor - fueled primarily because Moss said he had 'unfinished business' in Minnesota. Viking fans have been using that line for 'proof' that Moss would return for a long time, while ignoring the fact that he said the same exact thing about the Pats a few years ago.

I heard on the DA show now, that someone said Moss showed up ticked today, and Belichick and him had words.. I think there is no turning back now , but its a throwaway this season imo... But I guess the more your hearing Moss is starting to be a cancer , get something for him now and move on i guess is the best move for them, but for us fans it sucks...

I love the idea of randy moss. He had an unbelieveable 23 td season. Led the league in td's last season. He is still a super freak.

But we won superbowls without him. We will do it again. Edelman, Tate, Welker, Hernandez, Woodhead ...Price.

if this trade happens our offense will go down for sure..anyone who thinks this will improve our team based on last nite is not facing the reality....not to mention how this this will affect brady like it did when branch was traded.

Reiss' take:

So if the Vikings are willing to part with a valuable asset like a first-round pick, I could envision the Patriots being enticed to strike that type of deal.

Vikings have already shown their hands by trading away for a pick this morning which opened up a roster spot for them.

So Pats have the momentum on this one.

if this trade happens our offense will go down for sure..anyone who thinks this will improve our team based on last nite is not facing the reality....not to mention how this this will affect brady like it did when branch was traded.

No question the offense which is our strength will be now a liablity, its 06 without our defense from then again...

I heard on the DA show now, that someone said Moss showed up ticked today, and Belichick and him had words.. I think there is no turning back now , but its a throwaway this season imo... But I guess the more your hearing Moss is starting to be a cancer , get something for him now and move on i guess is the best move for them, but for us fans it sucks...

Tanguay tweeted this too

There is no way the Vikings giving up a first for (OLD) Moss. Lets get real here. Keep making those trades. Brady boy is young spring chicken.

Isn't Tuesdays the players day off?

Just an idle thought here, what is Ochocinco's current contract situation? I was listening to some station on Sirius Sunday, and the announcers were mentioning something about "parking Ochocinco somewhere else"

I have no idea what they meant because I only caught the tail end of the conversation and didn't even really think about it.......until now

Like I said, it's just an idle thought and yes,I already have my flame suit on.

No question the offense which is our strength will be now a liablity, its 06 without our defense from then again...

Overreaction FTW!

You're telling me a team of Welker, Hernandez, Gronk, Tate, Edelman, Price, BJGE/Woodhead running and Brady throwing the ball would be like 06.....

moss didn't even try last night - maybe that's why BB was ticked off. he missed his blocking assignment on one running play i remember. and i don't think it's one of those ones where he forgot...he knew what he had to do and made no effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore