PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Moss to Vikings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there an over / under on Belichick is stupid comments?

I'll take the over if there is ... it'll be a cold day in hell for Belichick to be stupid.

Then it must be a cold day. This would be an absolutely HORRIBLE trade at this point in the season... especially for the compensation we would (supposedly) be getting for him. Moss does a ton for this offense. Even though he didn't get a catch last night, he opened up lanes for our receivers underneath to do so. If he leaves, opposing teams will just tee off on Welker. Unless we have another premier deep threat lined up to bring in (and Brandon Tate hasn't shown that he can be that), then this is a bad trade... should it happen. His services for the season are far more valuable than a third rounder.

pretty soon pats going to have every pick in the draft :eek:

John tomasse has film of the discussions ...

Okay ...

Attempt at humor ...

Not funny.:bricks:

Yeah, let's get Vincent Jackson.

A guy who has done ******* nothing this off-season and will pull his hammy in his second game with the Patriots.

would any one else NOT be shocked if this was started by someone being a smartass in the wrong place at the wrong time then BOOM!

Then it must be a cold day. This would be an absolutely HORRIBLE trade at this point in the season... especially for the compensation we would (supposedly) be getting for him. Moss does a ton for this offense. Even though he didn't get a catch last night, he opened up lanes for our receivers underneath to do so. If he leaves, opposing teams will just tee off on Welker. Unless we have another premier deep threat lined up to bring in (and Brandon Tate hasn't shown that he can be that), then this is a bad trade... should it happen. His services for the season are far more valuable than a third rounder.

that reminds me of a lawyer Milloy thread.

would any one else NOT be shocked if this was started by someone being a smartass in the wrong place at the wrong time then BOOM!

That's my thoughts. maybe a disgruntled JETS fan looking to be the ultimate stealth troll on these boards? :cool:

Since the Patriots PR man denied a trade is being talked about, it seems like a lot of TV talking heads are walking back their claims, or trying to "nuance" their words. I think someone smelled smoke when there was none. Or someone's been smoking too much of something.

I don't think James "denied" anything other than that Moss has not been traded.

Randy-Moss-Vikings.jpg

When these sort of things float out there, even if they're total BS, you get something out of it.

You get to see who the real morons in the fanbase are.

"Pats Boy", on a WEEI.com story, wrote, and I quote, "I'm predicting we get Harvin and Rice"

picphpe.jpg

NFLN ticker reports that NE Patriots PR man Stacey James just flatly denied there being any trade in the works.

he has only said "there is no trade" but also added that he doesnt know if discussions are happening

that reminds me of a lawyer Milloy thread.

Different circumstances. Our defense didn't run through Milloy. Not even in part. Our offense, at least in part, runs through Randy Moss at this point. What he does opens up EVERYTHING for the rest of the receivers. Trading him, especially for a third rounder, is a HORRIBLE idea.

Does seem like a good time to pull the trigger if the trigger is being pulled. I would hate the trade - I love Randy - but if you are going to trade him mid-season during the Bye week is ideal. If someone else is coming in then it gives a extra week of learning, and if it is a reshuffling, again the extra week helps.

The problem is, as the season continues, Moss will start getting more and more moody, because of no contract. It does make sense for the Vikings. They need a deep threat.

As for Patriots, it will definitely hurt, as Moss gets double team, and frees up others to catch. But, Moss always wants the ball. He may not say it, but, you can tell from his body language.

A 3rd-rounder + 5th-rounder sounds reasonable.

If the deal is done, the Patriots need a Moss replacement. Who will that be?

Reiss' take:

With the Patriots in talks to trade receiver Randy Moss to the Vikings -- information initially reported by Foxsports.com and since confirmed by ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter -- the question that came to mind is what Bill Belichick might be thinking with this type of deal.

The first thought that came to mind was Richard Seymour.

If a trade like this were to be finalized, my opinion is that it would have to be Seymour-like for the Patriots to do it.

Seymour was entering the final year of his contract -- and the Patriots didn't expect him back the following season -- when the club traded him to the Oakland Raiders for a 2011 first-round draft choice on Sept. 6, 2009.

It was the type of deal that set the Patriots back in the short-term, but produced a valuable asset to help the team sustain success over the long haul.

Moss is currently in a similar situation as Seymour was prior to the trade. He is in the final year of his contract and doesn't expect to be back with the Patriots in 2011.

So if the Vikings are willing to part with a valuable asset like a first-round pick, I could envision the Patriots being enticed to strike that type of deal.

If the Patriots trade him for a draft pick, it will never make sense to me. Not in a 1,000 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents