PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Moss to Vikings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was posted on numerous blogs that the team got to Gillette at 5 AM

And how do these bloggers know the plane landed at 5am? Were they at TF Green? I'll wait until I hear it from "league sources" thank you.

How many TDs will Moss catch vs the Pats in this year's game?

I predict 6.

In the first half.

Seriously, WTF are the Pats doing? It's like the world has gone crazy.

what the record for post rate? This is unbelievable.

you should go to sherdog. Threads fall of the page within a couple of minutes of being posted. Thats what a forum should be like.

For the last time...

Brady won super bowls with Brown, Givens, Branch, and Patten WHEN OUR DEFENSE WAS CAPABLE OF LEGENDARY CLUTCH PERFORMANCES. With this D we need our offense to average 30+ points a night. The David Givenses of the world won't cut it.

Outside of Moss, our current set of recievers is as good as the super bowl winning ones. But that isn't good enough now, and might not be next year either.
I'm not against trading Moss. I'm against going on without an elite deep threat, unless the compensation is enough add elite dimensions to our team. Meaning a first rounder, or trade for something special.

Relax.

We have Tate. He is faster than Moss now, and has proven his hands. Dont double him long and he will toast ya like Moss did. Except the temptation by opposing D's is not to give him that respect. Which will cost them dearly. Take a pill. All is well on offense.

And how do these bloggers know the plane landed at 5am? Were they at TF Green? I'll wait until I hear it from "league sources" thank you.

They were inside the locker room after the game and have access to players and team agendas and itineraries. I think I will take their word on it.

Relax.

We have Tate. He is faster than Moss now, and has proven his hands. Dont double him long and he will toast ya like Moss did. Except the temptation by opposing D's is not to give him that respect. Which will cost them dearly. Take a pill. All is well on offense.

moss is a HOF receiver with incredible hands and ability to track the ball and catch it. Tate is playing his 5th game as a starter....so i would resist the tempation to make that comparison right now...

How "lolz" would it be if the 'deal' was him getting a long term contract with the Patriots (2-3 years), and all that someone heard was a possible Randy Moss deal and just assumed it was to the Vikings (who have such a great relationship with Belichick Patriots.

Last edited:
I can name many reasons to as to why this makes sense, Moss declined speed, age, contract demands [$9-10mil per year], him asking to be traded, his diminished role with the Patriots offense now that he isn't he quite the same deep threat that he once was... but it's still sad to see him go.

BB will do what is the best for the football team, i know it, and i trust it.

Originally Posted by Patspsycho
That's far-fetched.

Randy lives in Boca Raton, an hour's north of Miami. Why wouldn't he want to stay the extra two days at his home?

How do you know the plane got in at 5 a.m.? Were you at TF Green in Providence, watching the plane flying in?

It was posted on numerous blogs that the team got to Gillette at 5 AM

I think his point was that maybe Randy stayed in Florida for an extra day or two.

So getting something for him is almost irrelevant? A 5th or less and wait on the Minn-Moss contract?

I'm not sure what you think I was trying to say. I'm trying to point out two things:

(1) There is a specific rule that limits what the Patriots can get as a comp pick if Moss leaves as a FA in 2011.

(2) People who are arguing that "the Pats can get a comp pick if they don't trade him and let him walk in 2011" are, by and large overstating the best-case scenario.

Personally, I'm not happy with the idea of trading Moss, but I'm kinda resigned to the fact that one way or the other, he's not going to be a Patriot in 2011.

They were inside the locker room after the game and have access to players and team agendas and itineraries. I think I will take their word on it.

It must be late there. Your sarcasm detector needs to wake up.

How many TDs will Moss catch vs the Pats in this year's game?

I predict 6.

In the first half.

We'll see.

A better question is what he does to the Jets. Right now that game is a toss up. Add Moss and it gets interesting.

moss is a HOF receiver with incredible hands and ability to track the ball and catch it. Tate is playing his 5th game as a starter....so i would resist the tempation to make that comparison right now...

Agreed. I certainly hope this whole trade issue falls apart and Randy stays with the Patriots this season. He has so many things he brings to the table that I simply cannot see how losing him makes the team better. BB consistently says that the only time he will make a trade or release a player to sign someone else is if it makes the team better, and I just cannot see how that happens in this situation.

There simply aren't enough WR's of Moss' caliber out there.

I can name many reasons to as to why this makes sense, Moss declined speed, age, contract demands [$9-10mil per year], him asking to be traded, his diminished role with the Patriots offense now that he isn't he quite the same deep threat that he once was... but it's still sad to see him go.

On the flip side, BB hates Childress. I mean, absolutely hates him. Probably more than he hates Ratgini.

Relax.

come on, Tate is good, but he isn't good enough to demand a double team every play, thats special. You think opposing teams are afraid of putting Tate one on one with Revis? V. Davis? Flowers? Jammer? or any of the top 15 corners in the league right now?
Perhaps he'll get there but as of now I don't see it. I hope I eat my words.

I think I need to spend this afternoon away from Patsfans. This thread has done my head in.

Greenway, Edwards .............. they have other stuff we can use (Harvin, Rice). That said, we don't need another 3rd pick.

Wow. A complete rebuild underway?

No I woud be a complete rebuild almost finished.

But this isn't happening for less than a 1st or 2 x 2s. It might be a Moss and a 6th or scrub for a 1st. I could see Mankins for VJ, as a part of the deal. AJ neds an O-lineman and VJ is in the same status as Mankins, an RFA.

A few very credible sources have also mentioned that this trade was already in the works prior to last night's game.

With that in mind, I don't think Moss would have flown home with the rest of the team. I think he would have chosen to stay at his place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes