PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Moss to Vikings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But dont forget its been Moss's dream to team up with Favre. And vice versa. Even though Favre's old you cant honestly say he can't play with the best. Favre could beat up all of our dads! If this deal goes through Moss will be motivated once again with the Vikes (Best Moss fanbase), and if Rice returns back to form thats just a deadly combination that Minny has. Then Harvin just runs rampit all over the place. Moss/Rice eats up Ocho/Owens! BB should should make his cat scans public information so maybe the public can have a little better insight onto how he thinks.

Speak for yourself, my Dad would kneecap Favre and push him down a flight of stairs.

They were on the same plane home that got into Gillette at 5AM, so they certainly saw each other...

That's far-fetched.

Randy lives in Boca Raton, an hour's north of Miami. Why wouldn't he want to stay the extra two days at his home?

How do you know the plane got in at 5 a.m.? Were you at TF Green in Providence, watching the plane flying in?

what the record for post rate? This is unbelievable.

I am sure Brady isn't doing cartwheels over this but I think he and Randy probably have discussed this possibility more than once and I'm sure he wasn't blind-sided by it.

Tom Brady was Tom Brady before, during and I'm 100% confident after Randy Moss.

I hope they get a 2nd and a 3-down DL out of this.

Rappaport via twitter:

Source close to situation believes trade will get likely get done tomorrow.

Re: Mixed Feelings on Moss

You know who I think would be a great fit on the Patriots? Steve Smith (the Panther, not the Giant). I'm watching the Panthers game Sunday and believe you me, he is not happy with being on such an atrocious team with an atrocious QB. But the man has talent. The Panthers are the youngest team in football and they're clearly rebuilding. They might prefer the draft picks over an unhappy veteran.
Also, maybe Lee Evans in Buffalo.

Evans is disgruntled in Buffalo (who wouldn't be?) and it looks as though the Bills are cleaning house over there.

Evans is a highly skilled receiver who is an excellent deep threat. He'd fill Moss' role quite nicely, realizing that no one receiver is fully capable of doing so.

IIRC, Belichick was also very high on Evans coming out of the draft.

But would Buffalo trade him to the Pats?

And, as I noted elsewhere (after the post you referenced), the maximum for Moss, who's in his second decade in the NFL, is actually a fifth-rounder, not a third (i.e., the equivalent of a 2011 6).

So getting something for him is almost irrelevant? A 5th or less and wait on the Minn-Moss contract?

I am perturbed.

That's far-fetched.

Randy lives in Boca Raton, an hour's north of Miami. Why wouldn't he want to stay the extra two days at his home?

How do you know the plane got in at 5 a.m.? Were you at TF Green in Providence, watching the plane flying in?

It was posted on numerous blogs that the team got to Gillette at 5 AM

what the record for post rate? This is unbelievable.

I don't think we're at live game thread rate, but outside of that, this has to set some kind of record.

I just love it when certain Patriots fans come up with this idiotic logic.

Hey guess what? The New England Patriots have won 0 rings since Adam Vinatieri left the team. Do you think its because of that reason? Maybe we can try to sign him back when he comes back from his injury so the Patriots can win more Super Bowls!!! YAYE!!!

BB12 actually had a very legitimate point. This team functioned best with a roster loaded with second tier players. Not quite stars or hall of famers. But I saw a survey back in the championship seasons where the Pats roster had over 40 players that could start somewhere in the league. Brady, that kickerdude I cant remember, Law, not many others that would qualify as HOF candidates or repeat Allpro's.

This data came from all the other team's free agent's scouts. Our roster was loaded with two teams of legitimate starters. No stars. I'm ok with going back to that.

For the last time...

Brady won super bowls with Brown, Givens, Branch, and Patten WHEN OUR DEFENSE WAS CAPABLE OF LEGENDARY CLUTCH PERFORMANCES. With this D we need our offense to average 30+ points a night. The David Givenses of the world won't cut it.

Outside of Moss, our current set of recievers is as good as the super bowl winning ones. But that isn't good enough now, and might not be next year either.
I'm not against trading Moss. I'm against going on without an elite deep threat, unless the compensation is enough add elite dimensions to our team. Meaning a first rounder, or trade for something special.

How many TDs will Moss catch vs the Pats in this year's game?

I predict 6.

In the first half.

And, as I noted elsewhere (after the post you referenced), the maximum for Moss, who's in his second decade in the NFL, is actually a fifth-rounder, not a third (i.e., the equivalent of a 2011 6).

You need to email that to some mediot since the great Mort is now tweeting the third vs. third nonsense... It always amazes me that guys who make a living at knowing about just one thing are so consistently off the mark...

Re: Mixed Feelings on Moss

Also, maybe Lee Evans in Buffalo.

Evans is disgruntled in Buffalo (who wouldn't be?) and it looks as though the Bills are cleaning house over there.

Evans is a highly skilled receiver who is an excellent deep threat. He'd fill Moss' role quite nicely, realizing that no one receiver is fully capable of doing so.

IIRC, Belichick was also very high on Evans coming out of the draft.

But would Buffalo trade him to the Pats?
I know this is all a pipe dream, but I think you have a good suggestion there. I feel bad for the guy, playing with such horrible QB's all his career, but I think he has some real talent.

The 16-0 thing isnt too bad. in 20 years ask people who's the only team to go 16-0 and who won the superbowl in 2009. I bet you get 99% "Patriots and I have no idea" answers.

Wilt Chamberlain’s Records

100-POINT GAME - March 2, 1962, vs. New York at Hershey, Pa.

* 100 - holds single-game records for most points
* 59 - most points in one half
* 36 - most field goals made
* 22 - most field goals made in one half
* 63 - most field goals attempted
* 37 - most field goals attempted in one half
* 21 - most field goals attempted in one quarter
* 28 - shares single-game record for most free throws made

NBA REGULAR-SEASON RECORDS

Career

* 118 - most games with 50 or more points
* 9 - most seasons leading league in field goal percentage
* 23,924 - most rebounds
* 22.9 - highest rebounds-per-game average (minimum 400 games)
* 7 - shares career record for most consecutive seasons leading league in scoring (1959-60 through 1965-66)

Single-Season

* 45 - holds single-season records for most games with 50 or more points (1962)
* 3,882 - most minutes played (1962)
* 4,029 - most points (1962)
* 50.4 - highest points-per-game average (1962)
* 2,707 - most points by a rookie (1960)
* 1,597 - most field goals made (1962)
* 35 - most consecutive field goals made (February 17 through February 28, 1967)
* 3,159 - most field goals attempted (1962)
* .727 - highest field goal percentage (1973)
* 1,363 - most free throws attempted (1962)
* 2,149 - most rebounds (1961)
* 1,941 - most rebounds by a rookie (1960)
* 27.2 - highest rebounds-per-game average (1961)

Single Game
* record set on March 2, 1962, vs. New York at Hershey, Pa.

* *100 - most points
* *59 - most points in one half
* *36 - most field goals made
* *22 - most field goals made in one half
* *63 - most field goals attempted
* *37 - most field goals attempted in one half
* *21 - most field goals attempted in one quarter<>
* 58 - most points by a rookie (January 25, 1960, vs. Detroit)
* 1.000 - highest field goal percentage (minimum 15 made)
(15-for-15, January 20, 1967, vs. Los Angeles;
18-for-18, February 24, 1967, vs. Baltimore; and
16-for-16, March 19, 1967, vs. Baltimore)
* 55 - most rebounds (November 24, 1960, vs. Boston)
* 45 - most rebounds by a rookie (February 6, 1960, vs. Syracuse)
* *28 - shares single-game record for most free throws made (March 2, 1962, vs. New York at Hershey, Pa.)

* record set on March 2, 1962, vs. New York at Hershey, Pa.

* 118 - holds career records for most games with 50 or more points
* 7 - shares career records for most consecutive seasons leading league in scoring (1959-60 through 1965-66)
* 45 - most games with 50 or more points (1962)
* 4,029 - most points, single season (1962)
* 50.4 - highest points-per-game average (1962)
* 2,707 - most points by a rookie (1960)
* *100 - most points, game
* *59 - most points in one half
* *36 - most field goals made
* *22 - most field goals made in one half
* *63 - most field goals attempted
* *37 - most field goals attempted in one half
* *21 - most field goals attempted in one quarter
* 58 - most points by a rookie (January 25, 1960, vs. Detroit)

Rebounds

* 23,924 - most rebounds, career
* 22.9 - highest rebounds-per-game average (minimum 400 games)
* 2,149 - most rebounds—2,149 (1961)
* 1,941 - most rebounds by a rookie (1960)
* 27.2 - highest rebounds-per-game average (1961)
* 55 - most rebounds (November 24, 1960, vs. Boston)
* 45 - most rebounds by a rookie (February 6, 1960, vs. Syracuse)

HONORS

* NBA Most Valuable Player (1960, 1966, 1967, 1968)
* NBA Rookie of the Year (1960)
* All-NBA first team (1960, 1961, 1962, 1964, 1966, 1967, 1968)
* All-NBA second team (1963, 1965, 1972)
* NBA All-Defensive first team (1972, 1973)

NBA PLAYOFF RECORD

* NBA Finals Most Valuable Player (1972)
* 26 - most rebounds in one half (April 16, 1967, vs. San Francisco)
* 32.0 - holds single-series playoff record for highest rebounds-per-game average (1967)
* 41 - holds single-game playoff records for most rebounds (April 5, 1967, vs. Boston)
* 26 - most rebounds in one half (April 16, 1967, vs. San Francisco)
* 53 - most points by a rookie (March 14, 1960, vs. Syracuse)
* 24 - shares single-game playoff records for most field goals made (March 14, 1960, vs. Syracuse)
* 48 - most field goals attempted (March 22, 1962, vs. Syracuse)
* 25 - most field goals attempted in one half (March 22, 1962, vs. Syracuse)

NBA ALL-STAR GAME RECORD

* NBA All-Star Game Most Valuable Player (1960)
* 197 - holds career record for most rebounds
* 42 - holds single-game records for most points (1962)
* 16 - most free throws attempted (1962)
* 10 - most field goals made in one half (1962)
* 17 - shares single-game records for most field goals made (1962)
* 16 - most rebounds in one half (1960)

Bill Russell 11 Championships.

I'll take that, thanks.

Last edited:
rapsheet twiter

Interesting to note: I'm told by someone who would know that Belichick has not spoken or seen Randy Moss today....

BREAKING: A source close to the situation believes not only the Randy Moss trade will get done, but also it likely gets done tomorrow
is there a BB press conf scheduled for tommorw ?

That would be fine if we still had that defense. The problem is we do not have a reliable defense at this point. The D is still learning and needs a dominant offense to carry them for a while. Take away Moss and there goes our one strong point (the offense.)

If the staff believe we have enough weapons on offense to challenge teams in a variety of ways, then I'm not going to disagree. I can see the point. Woodhead looks like a find. Tate and Hernandez and Gronkowski are bursting on the scenes. BJGE is running like Antowain Smith. And even without Mankins, the OL is performing really well. Randy is not someone you can backfill, but the O will just take a different shape. Fewer 40 yard bombs, and more of the intermediate stuff.

On another note, I almost hope Brady loses his mind if this deal goes down. BB deserves to have to deal with an irate Brady. Brady demanding a trade of his own would give Bill something to think about. Think about it, BB traded Branch and didn't re-sign Givens, leaving Brady with no wideouts. We suffered for it in the 2006 AFC Championship game. He gives him Moss and we at least have a threat now. But trade Moss, and we have made a complete circle, except we will have skipped the part where we actually win something like a championship.

Never happen. Brady knows this is going down.

2006 was a down year, because we didn't have the WR depth that we do now-- fair enough. Just like 2009 was a down year on the DL, with the loss of Seymour.

2007 was the best football team I've ever seen play, in my life, and may never see the likes again. The fact they couldn't close out the SB win is a fact of history, but wasn't because of mistakes in architecting the team. And 2008 was a remarkable year after losing the franchise QB. Hard to knock the team-building.

I guess the point of my original post: looking at our roster as it stands without Moss, I don't think we're in a situation like 2006. We are far far better off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes