PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

REPORT: Hightower Suffers Sprained MCL, Return Unknown But Not Serious

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 Different grades of MCL sprains . Grade 1 is mild, Grade 2 is a moderate to partial tear. Grade 3 is a complete tear. I'm guessing its not a grade 3

Yeah, the tissue can be stretched or it can be completely torn . I've had both, and they are so different that to use the same label for both is extremely misleading.

I would be fine with going to Denver in the playoffs, especially in the AFCCG. Brady would be playing his tenth AFCCG and Osweiler his tenth game.

With all due respect to Denver but I doubt that they will make it to the AFCCG even if they could clinch HFA. At this point - due to the health situation - it looks like the Bengals are in the best position to go deep in the AFC playoffs. In fact, I don't give Denver any shot at winning the game against the Bengals unless Osweiler actually becomes more consistent and able to go through progressions or the Bengals suffer some major injuries.

I thought a sprain could be stretching only and no partial tear or full tear

A ligament cannot actually stretch without tearing at least a little bit.

With all due respect to Denver but I doubt that they will make it to the AFCCG even if they could clinch HFA. At this point - due to the health situation - it looks like the Bengals are in the best position to go deep in the AFC playoffs. In fact, I don't give Denver any shot at winning the game against the Bengals unless Osweiler actually becomes more consistent and able to go through progressions or the Bengals suffer some major injuries.

Bengals secondary is in tatters, though.

The hightower injury was a bit of a game changer. Even with the crappy refereeing with Donta in the game, I can't see them breaking off the runs or dump offs like they did after he was out. That's no slight to Freeny/Mayo, Hightower and Collins (if he was in) would have shut them down.

Bengals secondary is in tatters, though.

"In tatters?" LOL

Pac man Jones, Dre Kirkpatrick, Reggie Nelson, and Leon Hall all played well yesterday.

They lost Darqueeze Dennard and another no name role player who was a ST player.

If it is less severe or as severe as the one he had last year he'll be back for the Texans game.

Denver and Cincy play each other so that helps.

I don't even worry about either one because both will lose in the playoffs. I personally think that the Chiefs and Steelers are much more dangerous in the AFC. I'm praying we play the Broncos or Bengals in the playoffs

They also both play Pitt as well. Denver is at Pitt and Cincy is home to Pitt. We are all going to become huge Steeler fans, at least when they play :)
Ugh I don't know if I can do it Ash... Lol

"In tatters?" LOL

Pac man Jones, Dre Kirkpatrick, Reggie Nelson, and Leon Hall all played well yesterday.

They lost Darqueeze Dennard and another no name role player who was a ST player.

I thought Hall got hurt yesterday. And Pacman has been limited with a foot injury.

Denver and Cincy play each other so that helps.
Trying to think which team helps us more by winning... They both likely have a tie breaker over us, but one of them losing gives the Pats a cushion where they can lose a game and still keep the 2 seed. I guess it doesn't make a big difference. Would prefer Cinci keep the higher seed though since I think they'll crash & burn as usual in the playoffs. Then again, so will Denver, probably.

They also both play Pitt as well. Denver is at Pitt and Cincy is home to Pitt. We are all going to become huge Steeler fans, at least when they play :)

I think Denver might lose at San Diego too

Pm

I thought Hall got hurt yesterday. And Pacman has been limited with a foot injury.

I think you're right that Jones wasn't fully back to 100 percent yet, but he was healthy enough to play and is expected to continue to finish healing. I don't think it's necessarily anything too serious or they'd likely have rested him, especially against the Rams.

Hall did leave the game for a minute but returned to bring an INT to the house for a pick six.

Trying to think which team helps us more by winning... They both likely have a tie breaker over us, but one of them losing gives the Pats a cushion where they can lose a game and still keep the 2 seed. I guess it doesn't make a big difference. Would prefer Cinci keep the higher seed though since I think they'll crash & burn as usual in the playoffs. Then again, so will Denver, probably.
They don't play until week 16, so we'll probably know who to root for when the time comes.

we had no chance at stopping the run once hightower left the game.

..so we know he has a mcl, how come the gronk news still hasnt come out?

Good chance Collins and Amendola will return this week and their OL is going to get to actually play two weeks in a row together. Mayo is playing more and better every week and should be able to shore up LB with Hightower out. Overall I think they will get the top seed even if they drop one more and see 4-1 the rest of the way as a likelihood.
A post like this represents more than the average 'once we're healthy by the playoff' posts. Not that there's anything necessarily wrong with those posts, in truth or in fact, this is a bit more realistic, if you will. What I mean by that is those are all things that could very well end up happening as soon as next week, whereas injuries happen and heal on their own timetable, thereby making it slightly more in doubt than what you posted to the team's future, sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back