REPORT: Hightower Suffers Sprained MCL, Return Unknown But Not Serious

Status
Not open for further replies.

gitgronked82

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
hightower

what's the news? what are we hearing?

No news at all since every reporter is focused on Gronk.

What's the point in even asking? There won't be anything concrete until there's an MRI which won't happen til tomorrow, and then they're likely as not going to wait until Weds to say much. We certainly aren't going to find out anything other than rumor and conjecture tonight.

I would have to feel optimistic considering he was on the sidelines looking about ready to come back in the whole game. If Collins returns next week, maybe we can just rest him for a week.

What's the point in even asking? There won't be anything concrete until there's an MRI which won't happen til tomorrow, and then they're likely as not going to wait until Weds to say much. We certainly aren't going to find out anything other than rumor and conjecture tonight.
thought there good be something. getting updates on gronk, after all. maybe someone cares about our LB

thought there good be something. getting updates on gronk, after all. maybe someone cares about our LB
There aren't any updates on Gronk that I'd take to the bank, other than we can be pretty sure he isn't paralyzed.

I'm curious to see who we trot out there against Philly. Could be an honest to God B team on O and D.

I'm curious to see who we trot out there against Philly. Could be an honest to God B team on O and D.
thankfully that might still be a full grade above the best philly's got at the moment

The fact he was on the sidelines the entire second half means it isn't serious. Hopefully, he will be back by the Texans' game if not next week.

with hightower in:
72 yards 18 carries= 4.0 yrds per carry

without hightower in
107 yards 14 carries= 7.5 yards per carry.

Needless to say, this was a game we could have really used a healthy hightower and Collins.

****ing dirty hit. didnt even attempt to engage him just went low.

****ing dirty hit. didnt even attempt to engage him just went low.

I thought it was Chung rolling over his knee that screwed him up.

Can't take many more hits to the LB corps. We need Collins back yesterday, don't want to put added pressure on the secondary.

I forgot where I read it but observers in the Pats locker room post-game could not spot Hightower anywhere.

Also, when asked about Gronk players commented. When asked about HT...they got static.

that one sports doctor on twitter (who called dion lewis acl) doesn't think hightower injury is serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes