PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

REPORT: Hightower Suffers Sprained MCL, Return Unknown But Not Serious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably took a shot directly on some nerve bundle where he got bruised. Hopefully they'll quiet down and he'll heal quickly.

Yep. Anyone who has taken a shot to the knee on the bony part near inside part of the kneecap is sheer hell.

hightower practicing again..
no idea why he's rushing himself back so soon. sprained mcl seems a lot worse than a knee strain.
hightower should take his time and return when he's close to 100 percent. no need to rush things

Hightower is just as important as Gronk.

Not sure he is as important but there is no question that this defense is glaringly different and not as stout when he is not in there.

Not sure he is as important but there is no question that this defense is glaringly different and not as stout when he is not in there.

brady's more important than everyone and i doubt he's 100 percent healthy. yet, he still goes out every day and plays hard.

brady's more important than everyone and i doubt he's 100 percent healthy. yet, he still goes out every day and plays hard.

OK but I'm missing how Brady is part of the High and Gronk importance discussion?

They just mean this time of the year no one is 100% but still play and try to help their team win.

They just mean this time of the year no one is 100% but still play and try to help their team win.
With one notable exception, Gronk.

hightower practicing again..
no idea why he's rushing himself back so soon. sprained mcl seems a lot worse than a knee strain.
hightower should take his time and return when he's close to 100 percent. no need to rush things

Hightower seems to have a high pain threshold. He played with a bad shoulder the last half of last season and the playoffs. I don't get the feeling that he feels the need to be 100% in order to get on the field. I am fine with him playing assuming he can't do further damage to his knee.

If he's gonna practice, he's gonna play. Ooh boy. Collins and High coming back for Sunday? It's like getting LT and Carl Banks back together. Not the same level (yet :D) but boy what a shot in the arm for that D.

Click, it's only 7 seconds.

I like our LB rotation to blend in High and Collins, giving snaps to Mayo and Freeny too. Big difference between playing every minute and getting tired, to a lesser amount of fresh snaps.

Wish we had that depth at other positions [we do at all line positions-safety, don't at all at CB.

Seems like we could find some relief at WR and RB, let's hope pour acquisitions can play. The depth is built in at Oline, I think it will gel now that the insanity od cannon at LT is over, when you've got a potentially great LT [IMO] in Vollmer. Vollmer always looked like he could hang at LT, they just decided to do with Solder there and Vollmer became an All Pro RT.

Hightower seems to have a high pain threshold. He played with a bad shoulder the last half of last season and the playoffs. I don't get the feeling that he feels the need to be 100% in order to get on the field. I am fine with him playing assuming he can't do further damage to his knee.
Couldn't agree more. Hightower's a badass that played hurt in the playoffs and made probably the second most important play in Super Bowl XLIX (right when Lynch got the ball, I saw a hole and thought he was gonna get in the end zone, but Hightower somehow out muscled the lineman and stopped him at the 1). I love Hightower and Collins and hope they're both on the team for years to come.

Couldn't agree more. Hightower's a badass that played hurt in the playoffs and made probably the second most important play in Super Bowl XLIX (right when Lynch got the ball, I saw a hole and thought he was gonna get in the end zone, but Hightower somehow out muscled the lineman and stopped him at the 1). I love Hightower and Collins and hope they're both on the team for years to come.

They will be.

wonder what gronk thinks about hightower playing despite being banged up.
hightowers father just get involved. tell bill that his son will only play when he's 100 percent

wonder what gronk thinks about hightower playing despite being banged up.
hightowers father just get involved. tell bill that his son will only play when he's 100 percent

Good question. I wonder if Gordon would be this involved if the team didn't screw up his broken arm? There is no question that Gordon plays a big role in his son's life on and off the field. Some players may be rolling their eyes if he doesn't play for a month because of a minor injury.

On the other hand, Bruschi used to get some awful contortions that looked career ending but came back the next play like he was Gumby.

You comparing the Brew-schi to me......thx. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back