PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Dobson will be placed on IR (Now Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now Dobson can get more understanding of the playbook for next year. Kind of a lost year for him

Dobson- latest in a long line of whipping boys. Step up, son, and take what cha got comin'!
Just going through the alphabet with whipping boys at WR:
Amendola
Bethel Johnson
Chad Jackson
Dobson

And so on...

To me, this from LaFell says a lot about Dobson... not necessarily as a player, but definitely as a man. :)

Dobson got injured and a screw inserted , no excuse required. I could be wrong, but I thought LaFell said Boyce showed him what was going on.

Might have been somebody else (can't think of who) but it's just camaraderie among position groups to keep a players spirits up.

No real reason for this thread, except someone is bored.

Just going through the alphabet with whipping boys at WR:
Amendola
Bethel Johnson
Chad Jackson
Dobson

And so on...

For those with short memories: Edelman was a member of that list for his first 4 years.

Also, until a few short weeks ago, many here were referring to #19 as "LaFail".

#13 for the Chargers in your program tomorrow night, is who should've been drafted instead of
Charmin Drop,son…as many in the draft forum thought at the time the pick was made.

#13 for the Chargers in your program tomorrow night, is who should've been drafted instead of
Charmin Drop,son…as many in the draft forum thought at the time the pick was made.

Captain, you really owe it to the world to avail some team of your services. Until you do that, only us fortunate posters will know exactly who should be picked where every season.:D

Man, do I hope Dobson has a 1,500 yard, 12 TD season next year. I'm sick of the bust-chicklen little brigade.

Only kid you because i know you have a sense of humor. I don't follow college ball enough to have any opinions on most of these guys.

I think it depends on your definition of "address". Does the team need some competition for the 3-4-5 WR's? Sure. Do they need to spend a high draft pick or sign a WR for more than a couple million per year to do that? Hell no.

So, if one of LaFell/Edelman went down tomorrow, you don't think it would profoundly limit our offensive potential against good teams (such as SD on the road)? It immediately allows for the opponent to change their defensive schemes against us, and no one else really steps up. The bottom line is that we have absolutely no depth whatsoever behind them, and received almost ZERO production from our WR3-WR4-WR5.

Do they "need" to spend millions upon millions of dollars? No, unless they feel that the value and potential is too good to pass up on a specific draft pick of FA acquisition. Then again, I really never suggested that. I did however, suggest that it's nothing close to "chasing a shiny hood ornament" as was suggested by someone who took offense to the thought of addressing the position.

It may/may not hold us back again. We will see soon enough, and all be crossing our fingers in the meantime that our 2 WRs stay healthy.

I definitely agree that it's not high on the list of priorities, but it's an area of concern nonetheless.

So, if one of LaFell/Edelman went down tomorrow, you don't think it would profoundly limit our offensive potential against good teams (such as SD on the road)? It immediately allows for the opponent to change their defensive schemes against us, and no one else really steps up. The bottom line is that we have absolutely no depth whatsoever behind them, and received almost ZERO production from our WR3-WR4-WR5.

Again, name me a team whose "offensive potential against good teams" wouldn't be signficantly limited by losing one of their top 2 WRs? Imagine Denver without one of D. Thomas/Sanders, GB without one of Nelson/Cobb, etc. Top performers are hard to replace - that's what makes them valuable.

The idea of a back who can run between the tackles but who can pass protect and be a receiving threat is very, very attractive. Not a ton of those guys around, but sign me up for finding one.

Couple years ago Pats had a guy who actually did this a few times, but he's in prison now.

Hate to say it this early... But Dobson is smelling like a bust. It's too bad he showed a lot of promise his rookie year.

I'm sure Dobson is a good guy off the field and in practice..... but he's got to show it on the field and in games. A lost season for Dobson. Sorry, I've had my hopes pinned on him but he just looks like a bust thus far. Another in a long line of draft failures at the WR position. Hopefully he proves me wrong in 2015.

It's amazing though that our best Drafted WR to date, was a conversion project from QB to WR taken in the 7th round. All Hail Minitron!!

His absence will give Taylor Price a chance to have a breakout game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST