PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Replacement Refs - It has to be said.(Merged X7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
loses at the hands of referees in 2012 = 2

I think the call was one of few that was correct last night.

The ball carried to the right of the post just inches after it cleared but was still barely inside.

If the kick was from another foot further back,the Pats are 2-1

Re: SuperBowl 47: JAGS Vs RAMS

The phantom pass interference call against McCourty in the final moments of the game was absolutely horrific, and even though I dont want to believe it, it reeked of a home town call under duress.

Refs were afraid to call anything against Baltimore. They picked up a flag against Torrey smith bc the crowd would've freaked out. Then the ravens magically gained a first down during a time out where the ravens asked for a measurement and were way short.

There were so many bad calls against the Pats that it is hard to remember many of them. One that is still stuck in my mind is a non call. I dont remember the exact circumstances, and who the two players were, but it happened near the sideling, DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF AN OFFICIAL, and the Raven player literally took four pokes at the front of the head of the Pats player. Yes, they hit the cage but they were still PUNCHES, four of them. NO FLAG.

I missed most of last week's game. What did the refs screw up?

Danny Woodhead scored the game winning touchdown the was called back by a phantom holding call on Gronk.

There were so many bad calls against the Pats that it is hard to remember many of them. One that is still stuck in my mind is a non call. I dont remember the exact circumstances, and who the two players were, but it happened near the sideling, DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF AN OFFICIAL, and the Raven player literally took four pokes at the front of the head of the Pats player. Yes, they hit the cage but they were still PUNCHES, four of them. NO FLAG.

We already have a gif of that :)

untitled-13jsns.gif

untitled-13jsns.gif

When I saw that I ******* lost it. He straight up punched Edelman!

Also, I found a video of the field goal and I'm pretty sure it was missed. Here's a screenshot:

uCD13.png

I've tried to look up the rules on a made field goal. Searched the NFL site but could find nothing. The ball look as if it's right over the upright but to the left.

To my knowledge the ball has to go between the uprights and over the cross bar. If the hits the upright and does not go over the cross bar, it's not a made FG. This ball does not go over the crossbar.

Did anyone see Wilfork in the locker room after the game and saying that his guys were to a point where they were almost afraid to even touch the offensive players in fear that it would be called a penalty?

It's becoming a situation where defenses will simply let the offense score easily by being afraid to be physical and cause penalties.

It's scary to be a fan with a joke of judges calling the games.

Last edited:
We already have a gif of that :)

untitled-13jsns.gif

Thanks, I didnt see it in this long thread. Thanks again. That one really pissed me off.
How the hell does this NOT get called?

Last edited:

Why do people keep saying this? It's not as black and white as both teams got bad calls. First there's the timing of the calls, then the impact of the calls, then the missed calls. The Patriots got screwed. Every scoring drive by the Ravens was made possible because of a horrible call. Can you say that about the Patriots? No. Tom Brady made passes to move the chains, the refs threw flags to move the chains for the Ravens.

we'll just disagree on the blame being solely on the refs. If it makes everyone feel better to blame the refs for the loss, go ahead.

I've tried to look up the rules on a made field goal. Searched the NFL site but could find nothing. The ball look as if it's right over the upright but to the left.

To my knowledge the ball has to go between the uprights and over the cross bar. If the hits the upright and does not go over the cross bar, it's not a made FG. This ball does not go over the crossbar.

per Mike Pereira's twitter:
Just got back. Here is the rule on FGs. The entire ball must pass inside the outside edge of the upright.

BTW. . . . in re: Edelman up there—anyone here remember what the penalty is for throwing a punch in the NFL?

You guessed it—personal foul, and the player is ejected from the game.

BTW. . . . in re: Edelman up there—anyone here remember what the penalty is for throwing a punch in the NFL?

:bricks:

this is ridiculous...........

Yep, and I wonder how many players threw punches tonight? There was a few in the first qtr alone.
One thing is for sure, these refs are definately in over their heads :bricks:

we'll just disagree on the blame being solely on the refs. If it makes everyone feel better to blame the refs for the loss, go ahead.

OK, I will. Thanks for letting me.

per Mike Pereira's twitter:
Just got back. Here is the rule on FGs. The entire ball must pass inside the outside edge of the upright.

If that is the case then this one did not. Did he mention the rule about reviews on FG calls?

Well you can't blame them for not calling it since they clearly didn't want to have an effect on the game...:bricks:

This one stings almost as bad as the 06 championship game. A great game is negated by garbage phantom penalties. We were dominating in the first quarter on both sides of the ball before they called that "penalty" on Mayo which was obviously BS as Flako was trying to throw it away.

They also potentially cost us a touchdown when they called OPI on edelman when it was obvious both were battling. Of course when their ******* worthless ****ty ratbirds push off it's completely alright.

Also that one defensive holding on McCourty was also bull****!

It was a disgusting sham that made me ill. the regular officials are barely an upgrade but this sham has to end soon.

I mean if I knew where to find Goodhell or his lackeys from the game I'd probably beat them senseless for this absolute turd they gave us.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference