PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Replacement Refs - It has to be said.(Merged X7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lingerie Football League released a Statement:

"Because of the LFL's perception it is that much more critical for us to hire officiating crews that are competent, not only for the credibility of our game but to keep our athletes safer. Due to several on-field incompetent officiating we chose to part ways with with a couple crews which apparently are now officiating in the NFL. We have a lot of respect for our officials but we felt the officiating was not in line with our expectations. We have not made public comment to date because we felt it was not our place to do so. However in light of tonight's event, we felt it was only fair that NFL fans knew the truth as to who are officiating these games."

Lingerie Football League claims it fired officials now being used by NFL

Oh my god, that's for real?

Oh my god, that's for real?

If its not real it should be. I mean why would any league nevermind one as well respected as the lingerie league want anything to do with this fiasco?

I dont understand why the league is trying to diminish the role of the refs and trying to take away there pensions and compensate them less. Why would you make the people that have so much impact on the game more susceptible to being manipulated by an outside influence. Also who knows if these replacements have not already been compromised . They're probably saying to themselves "we're just temps maybe this is our chance for a big pay day"

I've always felt that good refs cannot be intimidated by screaming fans or coaches, and will usually give the same calls no matter what. Bad refs can be intimidated and can react in any way. We're seeing proof of that in the NFL this year.

The Pats have a young team this year and are not as able to work the incompetent refs as the veteran players might be.

I heard Mike Periera talk about Belichick a few years ago, and he mentioned how Belichick wasn't the type to complain about calls after games, as many coaches would. Periera claimed that Belichick was always looking to find out how he should coach his players to avoid getting flagged. This baloney must be driving him nuts.

The squeaky wheels are clearly getting the grease with these incompetent refs, or at least putting their best loud mouth forward. That jerk from the Cards was the worst. In every shot I saw of him on the sidelines he was crying to an official.

Why aren't the players considered scabs? They have as much power as the owners to get this crap settled.

Subjecting the Pats fans to such disgraceful treatment means that Bob Kraft must have been kidding this winter when he said they were tapped out and needed new fans. Hey Krafty, this crap ain't helping you gain fans. You might actually lose a few.

The way the players and coaches are handling these incompetent refs is sickening. It borders on abuse. I suppose that they know that it will work and they figure it's worth it.

I never thought that I'd say this, but I'm seriously getting tired of the NFL. I'm tapped out.

Last edited:
Breaking Down the Officiating in New England Patriots Loss to Baltimore Ravens | Bleacher Report

Sorry if this was posted elsewhere. But some evidence that the officials did not do the Pats any favours.

I was starting to get over that game when I read this and it pissed me off. I keep on hearing people saying poor calls went both ways when it clearly wasn't the case. The Ravens had one bad call where as the Patriots had about a half dozen absolute head scratchers.

Nothing attached to the LFL should be taken seriously or with any sort of credibility.

But I suspect that many here would prefer that certain things attached to the LFL should be taken off. :singing:

Last edited:
Real refs coming back!!! This week hopefully.

A cottage industry emerged last week among a small handful of contrarians who pandered to Seahawks fans by suggesting that the events that concluded the Monday night game between Green Bay and Seattle were handled correctly.

That industry can now officially be disbanded.

Replacement referee Wayne Elliott, who initially defended the call of a touchdown by Seahawks receiver Golden Tate, reluctantly admitted during an interview with Cris Collinsworth and James Brown on this week’s Inside the NFL that the call “probably” should have been an interception.

Seahawks-Packers ref now admits call was “probably” wrong | ProFootballTalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back