PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Replacement Refs - It has to be said.(Merged X7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SuperBowl 47: JAGS Vs RAMS

All the fans and media whining in the world will do absolutely NOTHING to bring the regular refs back. The only thing any of us could do would be hit the NFL in the only place they'll feel it: their wallets.

That means stop buying tickets, watching games, buying merchandise, etc. but no one in this forum - myself included - is willing to do that, so we all get what we deserve.

All the fans and media whining in the world will do absolutely NOTHING to bring the regular refs back. The only thing any of us could do would be hit the NFL in the only place they'll feel it: their wallets.

That means stop buying tickets, watching games, buying merchandise, etc. but no one in this forum - myself included - is willing to do that, so we all get what we deserve.
The tickets are already sold. The TV contract in place. Nobody is not gonna watch. This is pie in the sky nonsense. Thanks for wasting our time.

J D Sal

Last edited:

No one around the country is willing to do that. If everyone on this board boycotted the NFL, the NFL wouldn't notice at all.

The tickets are already sold. The TV contract in place. Nobody is not gonna watch. This is pie in the sky nonsense. Thanks for wasting our time.

J D Sal
In New England, GB and Pittsburgh, yes. In about 15 other cities, plenty of great seats still available.

You obviously don't realize it, but you're supporting what I said. You're absolutely right that nobody is not going to watch. And that's why Goodell can do whatever he darn well wants with this referee situation. If ratings and ticket sales took a real hit, then he'd have to act. But since all of us are watching just as much as ever, we have only ourselves to blame.

No matter how bad the product gets, we just can't help ourselves but to watch.

You can. And I think the league may send a message to all head coaches to stop bullying the refs by fining Belichick big time. That is why I think it could be an unprecedented fine. The refs are getting bullied by coaches and players.

And they've earned it, because they're clearly not ready for the spotlight.

It's not their fault, really—the NFL did put them in a tough spot—but, on the flip side, they did cross picket lines. Nobody's forcing them to work NFL games.

Last edited:

No one around the country is willing to do that. If everyone on this board boycotted the NFL, the NFL wouldn't notice at all.
Yes, and that's the point I'm making. Goodell knows that even with the Marx Brothers refereeing these games, the NFL will remain just as popular as always. That's why I laugh at all the whining about the poor officiating. All the whining in the world will do nothing to solve the problem. There is no pressure on Goodell because the only pressure he feels would be if he financials were being hit. But they aren't.

Untrue. The NFL is made up of billionaire owners like Kraft. By blaming the “NFL” and Goodell, you let the real nfl, the owners like Kraft off the hook. Kraft is responsible for this so he can make more money. Fans don’t matter, money does but what also matters to these billionaire NFL “some public welfare queens who get deals on the taxpayers dime” is their public reputation.

The question we all have to ask is:
Bob Kraft, why are you allowing these replacement refs on the field? This is the question for him. The true answer is so I can make more money that I already make on the NFL.

Godell is just their lackey. Remember that. It is his job to play the bad guy to take the heat of the real guys pulling the strings.

Last edited:

I don't think Belichick will be suspended if that is what you are inferring. I think he will get a hefty fine though. I seriously doubt the NFL wants to make a bad situation worse by suspending a head coach because he was upset and looking for clarification after a horribly officiated game.

I would say expect an unprecedented fine, but no suspension. It could be a six figure fine.

If Belichick is fined, then I hope the West Coast Harbaugh is also a little lighter in the wallet.

After being told not to bully or intimidate the officials, Harbaugh badgers a ref into giving him 2 reviews after he was out of TOs. Belichick deserves to be fined, but at least his actions took place after the game was over.

I thought the Monday night game was an all time officiating low but this one has it beat by a long shot.

They're slow as molasses making basic calls, F up even more basic calls, mumble and make ****loads of phantom calls.

ThEY SUCK ThE LIFE OUT OF ThE GAME!!!

Last edited:

I'm done watching the NFL until they come to an agreement with the real refs. Fans in general need to unite and boycott watching games. Once the ratings drop the NFL will wisen up.

In a game with a ton of penalties, the biggest blown call was one they didn't even call. There's no way any objective fan can say Torrey Smith wasn't committing OPI on his second TD.

I've typed up and then luckily not posted quite a few bad things about that play and his circumstances. Use your imagination.

Last edited:

In a game with a ton of penalties, the biggest blown call was one they didn't even call. There's no way any objective fan can say Torrey Smith wasn't committing OPI on his second TD.

I've typed up and then luckily not posted quite a few bad things about that play and his circumstances. Use your imagination.

And Ed Reeds first helmet to helmet hit on Edelman in the end zone.

If someone wants to b**** about it after every game that's fine but it will get old after a while. It's already old.

This is where you should probably be asking yourself these questions:

1 ~ Why do I feel compelled to invest my time in reading Threads that I consider a complete waste of time?
huh.gif

2 ~ Why do I feel compelled to respond to them and to lecture those who post on them?
huh.gif

3 ~ Isn't complaining about raw, blatant Injustice a reasonable and fully understandable act? And isn't coming to an OnLine Community to do so, where one knows that others who're suffering the same rage about this Injustice might sympathize and commiserate with one...a very human and defensible thing to do??
huh.gif

4 ~ Isn't it incredibly, pathetically, and ridiculously ironic, asinine, and ludicrously hypocritical to criticize those who post on these threads...while, in fact, posting on these threads??
huh.gif

the refs were afraid of what ray lewis would do after the g......:mad:

Let be frank guys without making excuses for the pats... we had our chances.

that said these refs were abysmal, Rushers being held, Phantom PI calls, Actual PI calls not being called, letting the game get chippy in the 1st quarter. Flaco was literally just throwing up jump balls and hoping for PI's.

That rant being said, Devin or Arrington could have Iced this game with an INT, Spikes doesn't hold and Jones comes up Big. The Pats lost this one for themselves just as much as the refs screwed them out of it (well.... maybe not quite as much).

LOL. Same here. I almost launched a few out on places where my identity is known. I'd probably been chastised.

And Ed Reeds first helmet to helmet hit on Edelman in the end zone.
That's another one.

2-yard PI on Mayo
Huge hold on Ninkovich on one of the Ravens' big plays on the last TD drive
Tons of holds on Jones all evening
Edelman OPI
Gronk getting pulled down every time he ran past an LB
Spikes' holding compared to the above

I could go on all night

Let be frank guys without making excuses for the pats... we had our chances.

Absolutely. But this game should have been 17-0 at the point where it was 14-13, and it just went downhill from there. The Pats as a whole played pretty poorly and still should have won that game.

Did the fans chanting BS efect the decision making of the refs towards the end? one can just wonder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes