PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss' Starting Lineup Prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was there a rule passed that makes it an illegal formation penalty to line the TE up on the left side?

no there isn't,skippy......but no 3-4 defense flip-flops their OLB,according to where the TE lines up.Your better pass rushing OLB is always on the blind-side of a right-handed QB and the better pass-blocker is the LT,not the RT.

However,if you want to try TBC at LOLB:bricks:go ahead.......it's still a free country.

Was there a rule passed that makes it an illegal formation penalty to line the TE up on the left side?

illegal formation is only when you have less than 7 men lined up on LOS.

no there isn't,skippy......but no 3-4 defense flip-flops their OLB,according to where the TE lines up.Your better pass rushing OLB is always on the blind-side of a right-handed QB and the better pass-blocker is the LT,not the RT.

However,if you want to try TBC at LOLB:bricks:go ahead.......it's still a free country.

Don't get snippy with me. You are the one having a fit about TBC lining up "at LOLB over the tight end on the strong side". Now you are getting all hissy about moving TBC "according to where the TE lines up", which nobody has suggested doing. You are having an argument with yourself...and you are still losing.

The point is that whichever side TBC lines up (ROLB last year) has absolutely nothing to do with strong-side, TEs or stopping the run. Teams run to either side of the center and TEs move all over the place. That being said, I assume TBC stays on the right unless someone is more effective at rushing the (primarily right-handed) QB against the better LT's in the league.

I don't know what can be done to improve the OLB position(s) at this point. We have to hope Jermaine Cunningham can play from day one and/or there is a reason why the Patriots have stuck with Crable through 2 injuries.

Don't get snippy with me. You are the one having a fit about TBC lining up "at LOLB over the tight end on the strong side". Now you are getting all hissy about moving TBC "according to where the TE lines up", which nobody has suggested doing. You are having an argument with yourself...and you are still losing.

The point is that whichever side TBC lines up (ROLB last year) has absolutely nothing to do with strong-side, TEs or stopping the run. Teams run to either side of the center and TEs move all over the place. That being said, I assume TBC stays on the right unless someone is more effective at rushing the (primarily right-handed) QB against the better LT's in the league.

Whatever,skip.......as I gently suggested to the poster,he just got mixed-up on terms.....he replied that he did.

So,move TBC to LOLB......I'll alert the media,for ya:)

"...don't be saucy with me, Bearnaise..."

9573-8603.gif

Ninkovich and TBC as our starting OLBs? Holy. And even when we're using a 4-man front, we've got lousy "edge rushers" in Warren and whoever else. Ugh, our front seven really scares me.

With Cunningham learning a new position and new stance in a complicated BB defense, I would think that he will not start game 1, unless he is talented, smart, and hard-working way beyond anyone's wildest expectations.

To be honest, I hope that Spikes is ready but I fully expect him to be broken in a bit gradually as well, behind Guyton, and not start in week 1. He has the advantage of having had MLB responsibilities at UF that at least in principle related to the ILB role here. I hope that he does start day 1, since he is a talent upgrade IMO, but these things generally take some time.

I don't think Cunningham will play first and second downs right off but I will be flat out amazed if he is not involved in pass rushing. He is just better than what they got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft