PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Pats should Thank Niners for Passing on Mac

I'm real optimistic on Jones, and I love Reiss. But we've only seen him in teaching camps thus far, so maybe set the $1.79 aside and buy the thank you card in a few years.

It will be a good sign IMO if he struggles a bit early in real training camp. It will indicate to me that they're pushing him hard because they believe he could win the job. They won't hand it to him. Treat him like Leonidas in 300: Toss him out to the wolves in late July, and he starts when he comes back with a pelt.

I am not sure about that and I like Jones a lot. Lance may end up being the better QB. We don't know yet. All reports coming out of Chicago has been that Fields is killing it. If he ends up being THE guy from this draft, it will be a gut punch to the Pats who could have had him at #11 as most analysts predicted. He is the one I am really watching.

I do not care if Justin or Trey are good QBs. All I am concerned about is that Mac a good QB. We do not need the best QB in football, but a top 10 guy to make the right throws. Fields' or Lance's stats can be better than Mac's, and we will still be a better team with the correct coaching. Chasing every Pro Bowler is silly IMO.

I hate the off-season so much. I wish we had more to go off of. Not shaming Reiss or anything with this statement, I guess I just have a hard time putting stock in stuff (which isn't to disparage the writer) that consists of "looks like a leader/has a good energy"

It is much better than the constant "Jackson says "he looks like he's learning, he's here every day just looking at plays. he drives here in a modest-looking pickup, potentially an S10. He gets coffee and looks at paper with x's and o's. He occasionally drinks water. He picks up a football and throws it. He's here after practice looking at more paper and film. He goes home and might go out with friends, or sits by himself. As far as I can tell, he's learning. And that's all we can ask."

I do not care if Justin or Trey are good QBs. All I am concerned about is that Mac a good QB. We do not need the best QB in football, but a top 10 guy to make the right throws. Fields' or Lance's stats can be better than Mac's, and we will still be a better team with the correct coaching. Chasing every Pro Bowler is silly IMO.
^this…

I hope Reiss is correct, but I think it’s quite premature. Mac doesn’t need to be a superstar, nor does he need to explode in 2021. He needs to learn & improve. His decision making must be refined to the point where he limits mistakes.

^this…

I hope Reiss is correct, but I think it’s quite premature. Mac doesn’t need to be a superstar, nor does he need to explode in 2021. He needs to learn & improve. His decision making must be refined to the point where he limits mistakes.
At pick 15, he needs to be/develop into a franchise Qb.

If Mac shows he’s ready to go, he should be the starter. He’s got great coaching, solid O-line, good running game, two TE’s, decent WR’s and a good enough D.

No point of wasting time with Cam as he’s not the future.

Kid has played exactly 0:00 of professional football and taken 0 snaps in a competitive training camp - and we’re already chirping the 49ers for not picking him. Lol.

Let’s see the takes when he struggles like almost every other rookie.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back