PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Re-Drafting the Mac QB Draft - Curran in September 2023

I understand.

However, I could see Josh deciding that Mac is not a lost cause, or that Fields is not a lost cause. Depending on the choice at #3 and who they signed in free agency, I could see them not drafting one of QB3 to QB6 at pick #3.
It won't be up to Josh.

Hardly any team releases a player on a rookie deal unless it's for disciplinary reasons.

I was talking about them trading him rather than letting him rot on the bench. This conversation has gone on long enough. I'm not going to convince you of anything and you're certainly not making your case with me.

I think the Pats trade Mac to see if he can salvage his career elsewhere and he won't be the 3rd string QB next year. That's it.
He won't be the 3rd string QB next year, he'll be the starter.

He won't be the 3rd string QB next year, he'll be the starter.
Doubtful. Unless a very different Mac Jones shows up in camp and as of now there's no reason to think that will happen.

I'd like an example of a bust young player on their first contract, that was nicely granted their release because they asked nicely, to go on and salvage their career somewhere else.
Jalen Ramsey.
Baker Mayfield.
Bradley Chubb.

It's not that rare.

Jalen Ramsey.
Baker Mayfield.
Bradley Chubb.

It's not that rare.
Traded.
Released because they brought in Deshawn Watson - and certainly wasn't an amicable split.
Traded.

It's pretty rare.

I understand.

However, I could see Josh deciding that Mac is not a lost cause, or that Fields is not a lost cause. Depending on the choice at #3 and who they signed in free agency, I could see them not drafting one of QB3 to QB6 at pick #3.
I don’t understand posts like this.
How do you propose that you know what Josh McDaniel thinks, or that he would want to be Mayos OC, and that if he did he would get to decide who the QB is when mayo basically said we are starting a qb?

Our nightmare scenario is that Mac will be back, especially if Josh is OC.

IMO, we are a lock to sign a free agent QB to be our starter and "bridge" quarterback, think Brissette or even Fields.

As we look at the 3rd pick in the draft, it is NOT a lock that we pick one of the supposed top 3, especially with Josh as OC.
===========
Josh is going to Atlanta with BB and do you really want to be the next OC to be blamed for Corky losing?

Kraft loves Corky and will do whatever it takes to make him a happy boy.

Josh is going to Atlanta with BB and do you really want to be the next OC to be blamed for Corky losing?

Kraft loves Corky and will do whatever it takes to make him a happy boy.
We'll...see about Josh to Atlanta. I'm not convinced that's the slam dunk it appears to be.

As far as the next fall guy - it's either Groh or Wolf, but they're running low.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back