PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: James Sanders re-signed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Reiss: James Sanders Signs

Should we take round the clock shifts shifts for a while? Emergency 800 number? He is a comrade after all.:confused3:

Does anyone have some extra Valium? No question now that Sanders has dirty pictures on someone in the Pats organization!

Pioli probably had something to do with this.....SP "Let's convince BB to sign some stiffs now after we got him good Saturday just to mess with his mind and show the world and that Floyd Reese guy that I was really the king in NE".

The Browns and Eagles outbid us for him and he still signs here! I would have personally called the Eagles and Browns and offered to lend them more money to take him. That is hysterical. Well at least we know we aren't the only dummies.

$4 million in year one and we give Vrabel away for nothing? This has got to be a hoax. Sanders couldn't even hold Vrabels shoes, age or not.

I have a novel idea, lets take the $4m we spent on the stiff and use that toward Wilfork. I will give Reese my personal phone number and I will find him a Safety who will be ten times better, by Monday night for half the price that can actually tackle and something else that Mr. Sanders does not do, cover!
DW Toys
In the Immortal words of Clark Griswald "Holy S***, pass the aspirin!"

James Sanders is the starter at strong safety in 2009. No chance Sanders got $4 million in guarantees ( and $3mil per ) to come off the bench. He is solid and he knows the system. All 11 starters on D can't be difference makers, you just can't afford it under the cap. Sanders is solid and won't hurt youwon't hurt you.

Won't hurt you? You are kidding right?
DW Toys

Mediocre, at best?

That's absurd.
I agree with you Jack, Mediocre is not even the right word. Poopy comes to mind.
DW Toys

I have a novel idea, lets take the $4m we spent on the stiff and use that toward Wilfork. I will give Reese my personal phone number and I will find him a Safety who will be ten times better, by Monday night for half the price that can actually tackle and something else that Mr. Sanders does not do, cover!

Not a chance in hell.

There you are. I was getting worried about you. :)

I appreciate my fans taking interest! Thank you! I am checking my BP as we speak. Where is Simon? I thought he would be taking a zinger at me.
DW Toys

I agree with you Jack, Mediocre is not even the right word. Poopy comes to mind.
DW Toys

I think it'll be easier if you just resign yourself to the fact that James Sanders is, in all likelihood, going to be starting for the Pats this upcoming reason.

Too bad he just got paid starter's money.

I guess the FO considers him more valuable than you do. Perhaps it's time to re-evaluate your position.

Well if it was only me you could be right. But everyone else in the league except for the Browns and the Eagles agree with me.
Whats the FO got to do with this? They don't read this stuff anyway.
DW Toys

I appreciate my fans taking interest! Thank you! I am checking my BP as we speak. Where is Simon? I thought he would be taking a zinger at me.
DW Toys

Fans or not, you definitely have the most public anti-crush on a Pats player. Your consistency is admirable.

Fans or not, you definitely have the most public anti-crush on a Pats player. Your consistency is admirable.

Thank you.
A bum is a bum.
DW Toys

Well if it was only me you could be right. But everyone else in the league except for the Browns and the Eagles agree with me.

Right, because even Al Haynesworth had offers from all 32 teams.

Whats the FO got to do with this? They don't read this stuff anyway.
DW Toys

They re-signed him for 3 years and give him pretty decent money.

No, he's one of the smartest players on the defense and is usually where he needs to be. He lacks top level speed but makes up for his deficiencies in coverage with his knowledge of the game by making good pre-snap reads. I don't understand the Sanders hate. He's not Ed Reed, but he's a good, young safety.

Dave, This man has been blessed to play pro-ball. I am as envious of his blessing as anyone can be. I do not wish him evil. He is just not a good enough player to make this defense better. If the plan is back-up? Great. I just never thought of BB to settle for mediocrity. He might call good coverages. He might be very smart, but his physical contribution of lack of speed and coverage ability is obvious and stated by the most knowledgeable NFL observers and that certainly is not me. This is not my observation alone here fellas. Every personnel man in the NFL agrees the Pats need another Safety as a priority. Bash me all you like.

I agree you can say smart, say good at coverage recognition, but lets all admit right now that he is in the wrong angle way too many times for a starting S in this league. Read and view what they say about his ability.

Now for all you Sanders lovers: It's third down and six. The Bolts are at the Pats eleven yard line trailing by four with twenty seconds to go for the 2009 AFC Championship. Gates is the TE lined up on Sanders half of the middle. How secure are you knowing that James Sanders is the SS to that side? Where is Rivers going to throw? If any of you out there say you are comfy knowing that he has to cover Gates, let alone any TE in the league, speak now!

Now we will find out who the Sanders faithful are.

DW Toys

Last edited:

Right, because even Al Haynesworth had offers from all 32 teams.

They re-signed him for 3 years and give him pretty decent money.

Jack you are rubbing it in. They let Vrabel go for less money and are wasting Wilfork dollars on a JAG is my point.
DW Toys

I even like Slater better than this guy! And what's to like there.
DW Toys

Jack you are rubbing it in. They let Vrabel go for less money and are wasting Wilfork dollars on a JAG is my point.
DW Toys

1) They didn't want to keep Vrabel. It wasn't an either/or proposition.

2) They need a SS. Either they pay Sanders or someone else to play the position. I don't see how signing Sanders bears at all on the Wilfork situation.

2) They need a SS. Either they pay Sanders or someone else to play the position. I don't see how signing Sanders bears at all on the Wilfork situation.

There you go being all rational and having common sense and such...

Jack, I am still smoldering but the Valium is kicking in. I guess if there was not another FA SS out there, you actually have a point in retrospect as you say in your 2)....well played, Sir.

Herin lies the question. If we are $18m in free CAP $, we still need a CB as a priority over Sanders...do you agree? Say we can sign one for $4milionish?. Now we sign "my favorite patriot" for $4m. That leaves us with $10m. Good bye Peppers, who was the "salve" that the members of this forum are seeking from the shaleighlying we got this weekend(would we have been feeling a little better if even a fifth rounder was thrown in?) from K.C.

We now have $10m to play with and some draft choices to sign. Essentially we are done and no room to pay Wilfork now unless we restructrure or cut.

I have one question no one has answered for me that I would like to know. As of last Thursday we had a bunch of players representing $16m we did not resign. We were only $3m under CAP. As of Friday, does that money come off our books? Can anyone tell me?
DW Toys

Does anyone have some extra Valium? No question now that Sanders has dirty pictures on someone in the Pats organization!

Pioli probably had something to do with this.....SP "Let's convince BB to sign some stiffs now after we got him good Saturday just to mess with his mind and show the world and that Floyd Reese guy that I was really the king in NE".

The Browns and Eagles outbid us for him and he still signs here! I would have personally called the Eagles and Browns and offered to lend them more money to take him. That is hysterical. Well at least we know we aren't the only dummies.

$4 million in year one and we give Vrabel away for nothing? This has got to be a hoax. Sanders couldn't even hold Vrabels shoes, age or not.

DW Toys
In the Immortal words of Clark Griswald "Holy S***, pass the aspirin!"

I know they take things seriously around here, but just keep repeating "it's only a game".:D

Mediocre, at best?

He has been mediocre at best up until this point. the question is will he get better and if so, how much better. he has to improve to warrant a starting job

He has been mediocre at best up until this point. the question is will he get better and if so, how much better. he has to improve to warrant a starting job

NEWSFLASH: He already has, and has had for some time now, the starting job.

I think we're at the point where we're beating a dead horse here. But clearly BB feels Sanders is a starting-caliber player, and I doubt he feels that way because James is a really nice guy in real life.

NEWSFLASH: He already has, and has had for some time now, the starting job.

I think we're at the point where we're beating a dead horse here. But clearly BB feels Sanders is a starting-caliber player, and I doubt he feels that way because James is a really nice guy in real life.

Maybe it was Reese that pushed for him? If they though so highly of him, they could have resigned him at some point during the past season. You have to give me that point Jack. BB was not fist fighting for him.

O.K. I admit we knew that he would resign some of the FA's after Cassel. I refuse to agree that BB thinks that there is not another Safety to be had. That is horse poop and you know it.

My only desire is we draft a Delmas, Chung or Moore and Sanders is a rotation guy. Everybody here that says they like JS will admit if these kids are drafted, they have a shot to unseat JS...agreed?
DW Toys

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes