PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reggie Wayne reaches a 1-year deal with the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had an ACL injury in 2013.

Last year was a torn triceps and hamstring in 2014.

He turns 37 in November.

Clearly his body is showing it's age. He can't handle 1000 snaps anymore but he can still play in this league at a pretty solid level.

In this offense he doesn't have to as IMO hes only going to see 60-90 throws his direction all year.

Maybe BB thinks he has enough special teamers?

He's taking up valuable space if we don't! We are not getting what we paid for! Amendola is not the same WR we signed from St Louis. Primetime if Amendola is our #1 or #2 we are in trouble Brady6 got alot of flak for saying Amendola is just a Jag I always felt he was right all along.
I honestly thought this was a joke post.

Maybe Wayne can do for Dobson & Harper what Revis did for Butler - be an example of excellence that a young player can study and learn from.

Obviously Wayne doesn't still have all the talent Revis still has, but his route running, work ethic and poise should all still be there.

I hope Wayne was signed to contribute and not "cause LaFell is injured".

Well glad to have him and perhaps more importantly keep him away from GB. It is possible he could have 1 good year left and though it may be buried here behind our depth is it good that at least it won't be used against us. Or maybe he has nothing left. Either way a good signing with high upside and low risk.
Why do we care about Green Bay?

Maybe Wayne can do for Dobson & Harper what Revis did for Butler - be an example of excellence that a young player can study and learn from.

Obviously Wayne doesn't still have all the talent Revis still has, but his route running, work ethic and poise should all still be there.

...I sure as hell hope it isn't "a What Revis did for Logan Ryan". Ryan was a promising CB. Once Revis showed up hes turned into the second coming of Duane Starks.

...I sure as hell hope it isn't "a What Revis did for Logan Ryan". Ryan was a promising CB. Once Revis showed up hes turned into the second coming of Duane Starks.
Lol good point, and Ryan is the one who actually spent more time with Revis... Explain that one...

Yeah. When we're running up the score in Week 5, it would be nice if some of those points were courtesy of the newest Patriot. :D

Maybe on a reverse -- I don't want the Patriots to throw a single pass in that game.

Doesn't mean he makes the Week One roster. Plenty of vets have come in and failed to make the roster.

Too bad with all the injuries that necessitated this move. Would rather see performance and health from the young players so the team would not need this.

Hope the guy has one more trophy in him.

Not many of those vets have the potential to hit the 15,000 receiving yard mile stone in their careers. This one does. He's also one of the best route runners in modern history, this isn't Chad Ochocinco.

Why do we care about Green Bay?

I care about all the good teams*. Though i never wish for injuries anything we can do to make any of the top teams weaker or lessens their ability to be stronger improves our odds to win.

Last edited:
Not real thrilled this Colt gets to wear a Patriot uniform but I guess if he produces, he produces.

The only questions I have now are:

1. Is he about to hit any significant milestones?

2. Do we have a horse and flag we can ride across the field with as if said milestone was achieved in New England?

?????

What one day in world history was that?

I do believe that he posted the best pass coverage numbers of all 2013 rookie CBs, since then he's done nothing to make you believe he did that 2 years ago.

Because chances are if we make it to the Super Bowl, they'll be the ones we face .... I'll put my money on that

IDK. Though they are on my radar IMO they are clearly behind Seattle and Dallas unless Jordy can come back late in the year. He is worth the IR DTR and maybe he can make it back.

I care about all the good things. Though i never wish for injuries anything we can do to make any of the top teams weaker or lessens their ability to be stronger improves our odds to win.
Ah, gotcha. Fair enough. Having Wayne on Green Bay to hurt the Pats in the Super Bowl just seems like such a far off prospect I didn't think it would be something we would be thinking about now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe