PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reggie Wayne reaches a 1-year deal with the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm thinking the season starts with Edelman, Reggie, Amendola, Harper and Slater.

Lafell stays on PUP, Gibson to IR, Krause to PS.

If they liked Gibson in camp/preseason I could see them IR/DTR with him IF they feel they will continue to be thin at WR, AD questionable, not sure about Lafell etc And that is also if Gibson would be a go in 8 weeks which he may not be.

So, if he sticks around all season - without seeing him practice, is he ahead of or behind Amendola at this stage?

Rookie Chris Harper is ahead of Amendola.:rolleyes:

Reggie Wayne doesn't get a lot of separation anymore, but he can still run routes and is tough as nails. This signing isn't as big as the name indicates, honestly, but !@#$ it, Indy we got your boy *****es !@#$ you!

So I'm thinking the season starts with Edelman, Reggie, Amendola, Harper and Slater.

Lafell stays on PUP, Gibson to IR, Krause to PS.

Pats will keep 5 WRs not including Slater. LaFell makes the 53 but with Wayne here he is inactive for the first couple of games while he gets back to game shape, sort of what they did with Gronk

Edelman
LaFell
Wayne
Amendola
Dobson/Harper

Wayne's stats weren't too far off LaFell's last year. He looked a step slower than he used to but he's one of the best receivers to ever play the game, I think he'll be good as the team's 4th WR.

I think Amendola is going to be a vet cut most of us didn't see coming and yes I know he restructured and got a bonus. But he gets no separation anymore and can be covered by just about anybody. BB has cut his losses before this wouldn't be the first time. 200 yards for your #3 WR doesn't cut it anymore Brandon Gibson have looked better than Amendola in practices and games.

Pats will keep 5 WRs not including Slater. LaFell makes the 53 but with Wayne here he is inactive for the first couple of games while he gets back to game shape, sort of what they did with Gronk

Edelman
LaFell
Wayne
Amendola
Dobson/Harper

Interesting. You think they will activate Lafell. Well, the boot is off so that could be a clue. I figured depending on Dobson, they might just do 5 games without him giving him a chance to heal more and try out a rookie etc.

Gibson getting hurt might have changed that. And JE might not be 100% so its a little in flux. Plus they have 2 more PS games.

If Wayne's healthy, I don't see the point in keeping Gibson as a WR4/5. I'd rather Harper.

If Wayne's healthy

1. Edelman
2. Wayne
3. Amendola
4. Dobson
5. Harper

PUP: Lafell

I think Amendola is going to be a vet cut most of us didn't see coming and yes I know he restructured and got a bonus. But he gets no separation anymore and can be covered by just about anybody. BB has cut his losses before this wouldn't be the first time. 200 yards for your #3 WR doesn't cut it anymore Brandon Gibson have looked better than Amendola in practices and games.

Yeah, this is totally insane. Amendola's currently the team's #1 receiver with Edelman and LaFell injured and there's absolutely no salary cap advantage to cutting him. Even assuming Edelman comes back healthy for week 1, Amendola's going to be playing a lot of snaps to begin the year.

You're basing this on two preseason games, where he played a dozen or so snaps with no other weapons on the field?

would of preferred a vet like brandon marshall tbh.
reggie's 40 years old...

we'll run tons of two TE sets so he'll rarely see the field.

Yeah, this is totally insane. Amendola's currently the team's #1 receiver with Edelman and LaFell injured and there's absolutely no salary cap advantage to cutting him. Even assuming Edelman comes back healthy for week 1, Amendola's going to be playing a lot of snaps to begin the year.
Just ignore him. Him harping on DAs stats last year just shows what he values never mind the fact that DA was on pace for 1000 yards the last 7 games of the season and pretty much won a game for us by himself.

And was super clutch when it MATTERED.

And he is our healthiest WR

And is being paid nothing.

Not gonna happen. Bill loves the kid and he is extremely useful on return teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back