PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RB Danny Woodhead gone, signs with Chargers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarcasm is "a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter gibe or taunt",[1] usually conveyed through irony or understatement.[2] Most authorities distinguish sarcasm from irony;[3] however, others argue that sarcasm may or often does involve irony[4] or employs ambivalence.[5] ;)

You suck at sarcasm.

Finally. Seemed like a nice kid, but never liked the guy as a player and thought he was blocking Vereen's development.

What did you not like about him as a player? He came in the game and generally made an impact most of the time! He was one of the only bright parts of the SB and was practically carrying the offense on his back there!!.....If the D could have held on at the end Woody could have been the game MVP!!! I think he is an awesome talent and can do so many things well. Very durable, alot of guts....perfect Patriot.....Wish him the best of luck. Vereen on the other hand has been VERY inconsistent, initially had trouble learning the playbook.....and couldn't stay healthy early on...that is why he was "slowed in his development." Vereen better step it up this year.....or Washington will be taking his place...!

????????

EIGHT teams showed interest. What makes you think that we could have had him?

That sucks, could've had him also.

Woodhead was one of my favorite players on the team. I honestly can say I'm a little upset he's gone.

Woodhead was an overachieving extremely reliable player that could do alot of things well. Sure he lacked the playmaker speed of Vereen and prob Washington so I sort of get it but the guy always showed up and I wish him much success and much $ he deserves it.

Would prefer him over Leon. Woody was a proven player for us, plus he's younger than Leon. I also thought he performed better than Vereen.

Wish him the best of luck.

Sad to see him go but I think Vereen is ready for a bigger role and he is alot more lethal. The signing of Washington eases the pain too as he is a more than capable scatback if Vereen gets hurt.

I'm going to miss Little F*(ker. Best of luck in San Diego!

Am I the only one who's not really looking for the upcoming season? :(

Yea, I'm with you on that. Normally about this time of year I'm at about a 7 or 8 on a scale of 10 enthusiasim wise, but unfortunatly I'm hovering around a 2 right now.

I'll miss him but good for him. And good for the Pats for recognizing his talent and helping him on his career path.

Yea, I'm with you on that. Normally about this time of year I'm at about a 7 or 8 on a scale of 10 enthusiasim wise, but unfortunatly I'm hovering around a 2 right now.

I'm not worried at all.

Love his effort and professionalism. Much needed in choke Diego I'm sure. With plenty of veteran leadership (and include Joe W. there) I like the high ceilings on our RB/3rd down back/KR crew. Give the young horses room to run, I say. I could see a wild scramble formation with Joe W., Vereen and Demps. Why not? These little guys can scramble some defensive brains.

I'm very disappointed...all I can say is I'm a big Welker... er...Woodhead fan and I hope you and the Chargers win the Super Bowl this year...
reaction.gif

edit: two things
1)my post is SARCASM
2)who knows the BBcode for strike through...I tried and I tried [strike]...I know it works on these threads because I've seen it

Oh damn.

I'm going back to bed.

I guess they won't be car pooling together anymore.:(

dwarfed-1.png

Pats got excellent value out of Woody. Played very well in the SB 2 years ago. Best of luck to him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents