PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ras-I Dowling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are NOT wrong. I get what the person who posted was trying to say, and I don't totally disagree. However, he was wrong about reading that Butler was having a good camp. I think that he was just defending the kid a bit. I remember reading that he looks just as bad in camp so far as he looked last season. If I can find that link, then I'll post it. I've read so many camp articles that I don't know which one included the little piece about Butler.

Agree, I have read that Butler is having a difficult camp thus far, however, I would not rule him out of the 2011 roster, because Wilhite has received criticism this camp as well.

Brb, opening Microsoft Word to draft my 17 page rebuttal on why your opinion is wrong and invalid.

So this forum operates like the justice system you're trying to tell me, I'm guilty until proven innocent. That's fine if it is how you want to look at it as if you're so distrust.ful (LOL i never saw that edited before here) of someone on an online forum that you can't take their word on their own opinion.

You made a claim regarding something you were posting about. I checked on it. Your claim was either false or the product of a decision that happened after a very recent post. We don't know which of those it is, and we have no evidence to determine which is correct (unless you count the very statement in question, which isn't how it's generally done). I posted as such. I'm not sure what your problem with that is.

You sound like you're always looking over your shoulder in life. Are you going to make a calendar note for next April to to remind yourself to keep an eye out for me posting? Just so you can catch me doing the dirty by posting in there when I said I don't want to discuss potential draft busts even if I'm just posting our draft picks?

This is a message board. If I were to post something that said "I've never called ___________________ a clown" or "I was one of the people who was defending/criticizing player 'a' while most people were bashing/pimping him", someone would probably use the search function to see if that was true. That's how message boards tend to work.

Last edited:
Agree, I have read that Butler is having a difficult camp thus far, however, I would not rule him out of the 2011 roster, because Wilhite has received criticism this camp as well.
On fairness to Butler, the only criticism I have seen abuot him has come from the same fans that have criticized him.

"Butler looked like Butler" from a fan in attendance doesn't tell me more than "Butler sucks" being posted on the board.

Last edited by a moderator:
You made a claim regarding something you were ranting about. I checked on it. Your claim was either false or the product of a decision that happened after a very recent post. We don't know which of those it is, and we have no evidence to determine which is correct (unless you count the very statement in question, which isn't how it's generally done). I posted as such. I'm not sure what your problem with that is.
I think that you are missing the point that no one really cares whether you and your tin foil hat thinl someone would come to a message board and make a post about their opinion and lie about what they think.

The internet is only so big, and your bs is taking up way too much bandwidth.

This is a message board. If I were to post something that said "I've never called ___________________ a clown" or "I was one of the people who was defending/criticizing player 'a' while most people were bashing/pimping him", someone would probably use the search function to see if that was true. That's how message boards tend to work.
Well the tin foil hat brigade might.

Most of the world accepts that if someone says they believe X they are being truthful, and do reduce their existence in the world to fact checking random message board posters. It must be lonely when Mom is at the grocery store.

On fairness to Butler, the only criticism I have seen abuot him has come from the same fans that have criticized him.
"Butler looked like Butler" from a fan in attendance doesn't tell me more than "Butler sucks" being posted on the board.

FWIW, I might be in the minority, but I think Butler makes the team.

I agree. Fan observations are often suspect.....And I can prove that conclusively since in 2009 I made several observations touting how GOOD Ron Brace looked during the first few weeks of that season's training camp. ;)

BTW If Ron Brace ever gets back on the field and eventually becomes a starting 3-4 DE or 4-3 DT, then I reserve the right to tell everyone on this board "I told you so". :D

I agree. Fan observations are often suspect.....And I can prove that conclusively since in 2009 I made several observations touting how GOOD Ron Brace looked during the first few weeks of that season's training camp. ;)

BTW If Ron Brace ever gets back on the field and eventually becomes a starting 3-4 DE or 4-3 DT, then I reserve the right to tell everyone on this board "I told you so". :D
I like Ron Brace A LOT. Every time I have seen him play he has played very well. I just don't understand what is keeping him from getting more playing time. One thing I know is it isnt the quality of his play when he is on the field. The why is an enigma to me.

FWIW, I might be in the minority, but I think Butler makes the team.
Personally I think the general fan assessment of Butler is extremely harsh. He was not awful in that Jet game last year, outside of one real bad play.

BUT, I think the reason he was benched, while widely thought here as his coverage of Edwards, is something we don't see on the TV view. If yuo watch that game and watch his coverage of Edwards, it is a pretty good overall day for a corner (Edwards, IIRC caught only 2 passes on him)

But I think the benching was for other reasons, perhaps a hesitance in run support (My best guess) or a technique or attitude issue.

I think there is an AWFUL lot about Butler that we do not know, and I can't for the life of me decide whether that is a good thing or a bad thing.

:scared::scared::scared:WTF?...Where did the Ras-I- Dowling thread go?

:scared::scared::scared:WTF?...Where did the Ras-I- Dowling thread go?

Moved, it's now the Ras-IR-Dowling thread

just kidding
I know, it's a bad, bad joke

I got it...you wanna see it?...heh...yeah....cash money buddy...I see it, YOU see the thread...otherwise...can't help ya...:nono:

Last edited:
Wow. This thread is like two-a-days in pads and no water. Some of you guys will be in great form when the pre-season begins next week. Take a knee and join me in a prayer.......

Moved, it's now the Ras-IR-Dowling thread

just kidding
I know, it's a bad, bad joke

Hey, I found it funny.

Besides, this is what invariably happens when someone who played < half of his teams' games the previous season due to multiple injuries is drafted 33rd overall.

Hey, I found it funny.

Besides, this is what invariably happens when someone who played < half of his teams' games the previous season due to multiple injuries is drafted 33rd overall.

How many games did Gronk play his last year of college?

1. High School Jr year broke his right hand
2. High School Sr year missed time with serious knee injury
3. 2008 Missed season opener Virginia ( Strained Right hamstring )
4. Back injury in North Carolina game 2008.
5. 2010 Right Knee Injury
6. 2010 Fractures Ankle
7. 2010 Sustains right knee injury
8. 2011 NFL Combine, injures right hamstring ( 40 yard dash )
9. 2011 Injured in first NFL practice, not yet returned

Enough Insight ?

I challenge anyone to find an NFL player, ever, in the history of the league, with more injuries prior to his first NFL Preseason game.

Could you actually provide some links for the claims your making?? Even during the draft, no one was mentioning this..

I challenge anyone to find an NFL player, ever, in the history of the league, with more injuries prior to his first NFL Preseason game.

How often do we even know whether a player dealt with injuries in high school? LOTS of NFL players suffered multiple serious injuries in college. How about:

William Moore: Hamstring injury (missed 3 games); fractured foot (offseason rehab, missed spring drills); sprained foot (missed multiple games); torn labrum (required surgery); rib injury (cartilage damage).

Percy Harvin: High ankle sprain; Neck stinger (carted off field); Achilles tendonitis; hip pointer; Chronic heel pain (required surgery); Ankle sprain (rehabbed then re-injured and had to sit out again). Then there are his chronic, debilitating migraine headaches.

Adrian Peterson
: Major injury every single college season. Broken clavicle (missed 7 games), high ankle sprain (chronic/recurring, missed all or part of 5 games), dislocated shoulder (reinjured multiple times, required offseason surgery).

Peria Jerry: Significant ankle, foot, hand and knee injuries, including surgeries.

Montario Hardesty: Torn ACL; multiple ankle sprains; stress fracture. 3 separate knee surgeries. Tore ACL in rookie year training camp.

Etc.

Last edited:
How often do we even know whether a player dealt with injuries in high school? LOTS of NFL players suffered multiple serious injuries in college. How about:

William Moore: Hamstring injury (missed 3 games); fractured foot (offseason rehab, missed spring drills); sprained foot (missed multiple games); torn labrum (required surgery); rib injury (cartilage damage).

Percy Harvin: High ankle sprain; Neck stinger (carted off field); Achilles tendonitis; hip pointer; Chronic heel pain (required surgery); Ankle sprain (rehabbed then re-injured and had to sit out again). Then there are his chronic, debilitating migraine headaches.

Adrian Peterson: Major injury every single college season. Broken clavicle (missed 7 games), high ankle sprain (chronic/recurring, missed all or part of 5 games), dislocated shoulder (reinjured multiple times, required offseason surgery).

Peria Jerry: Significant ankle, foot, hand and knee injuries, including surgeries.

Montario Hardesty: Torn ACL; multiple ankle sprains; stress fracture. 3 separate knee surgeries. Tore ACL in rookie year training camp.

Etc.
Appears you met the challenge

Appears you met the challenge

:) IMO Dowling isn't even the biggest injury risk among this year's high draft picks. I'd give that honor to Christian Ponder, the 1st-round QB who has already suffered a major concussion and had surgeries to his throwing elbow AND throwing shoulder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News