PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ras-I Dowling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy has a hammy problem that the staff wants to make sure gets attended to fully. His training and medical staff at Virginia had pro experience so it isn't like he's been neglected. But it isn't like he was at a football factory school; he did have multiple priorities in one of the NCAA's few remaining programs where kids actually have to make significant academic achievements in order to get their degree, so he'll get a lot more attention at Pat's camp than ever before.

The other injuries are just bad luck.

This guy better not be a bust already...Brace, Butler and now this guy?? BB has picked some REAL DOOZIES let me tell you. What is up with the 2nd round busts? Gronk and Chung notwithstanding, it's unusual to pick just utter busts....

Butler has athletic ability...isn't smart enough to look for the ball and doesn't like to tackle = BUST.

The originating source of the players who don't make the team doesn't matter.

So Ras-I is a bust in your mind? He hasn't played a down. We should just cut him. I'm glad you don't run anything important or make decisions for the team.

What makes Brace a bust?

:) IMO Dowling isn't even the biggest injury risk among this year's high draft picks. I'd give that honor to Christian Ponder, the 1st-round QB who has already suffered a major concussion and had surgeries to his throwing elbow AND throwing shoulder.

Or it could be Prince Amukamura...who in his second practice with the Giants after holding firm with Solder for a little extra something guaranteed just broke the dasdardly 5th metatarsal (the bone on the outside of your foot where bloodflow and therefore healing is limited) and is heading for surgery to get a screw inserted in hopes it will heal...

This guy better not be a bust already...Brace, Butler and now this guy?? BB has picked some REAL DOOZIES let me tell you. What is up with the 2nd round busts? Gronk and Chung notwithstanding, it's unusual to pick just utter busts....

Butler has athletic ability...isn't smart enough to look for the ball and doesn't like to tackle = BUST.
Butler played a lot as a rookie and was basically the nickle last year and is entering his 3rd year. To call him a bust is very, very premature.
Brace may very well be a starting DE this year.
I dont know what your definiton of bust is but it should probably be revised.

We haven't even had a preseason game yet in his rookie season and people are already labeling Dowling a bust?!?

People forget that the Pats wasted a third round pick on a RB who had about a dozen injuries in college including a significant achilles injury his sophomore year. That guy will be in the Hall of Fame in a couple of years.

Not saying that Dowling will have a Hall of Fame career like Curtis Martin did or even have a good career, but Martin dropped like a stone in the draft because people thought he was way too injury prone. In his first ten seasons, Martin only missed four games.

It's unusual to have so many chances. Putting aside this year which is TBD, the Patriots drafted seven players in the 2nd round in 2009 & 2010. You instantly remembered the 2 who have disappointed, but somehow had a little trouble recalling the more successful picks. To refresh your memory:

Sebastian Vollmer
Pat Chung
Brandon Spikes
Jermaine Cunningham
Rob Gronkowski

That's 5 starters out of 7 picks (and the other 2 players are still with the team). Do you really consider that an unusually high bust rate?

Last edited:
1. High School Jr year broke his right hand
2. High School Sr year missed time with serious knee injury
3. 2008 Missed season opener Virginia ( Strained Right hamstring )
4. Back injury in North Carolina game 2008.
5. 2010 Right Knee Injury
6. 2010 Fractures Ankle
7. 2010 Sustains right knee injury
8. 2011 NFL Combine, injures right hamstring ( 40 yard dash )
9. 2011 Injured in first NFL practice, not yet returned

Enough Insight ?

I challenge anyone to find an NFL player, ever, in the history of the league, with more injuries prior to his first NFL Preseason game.

The guy must be Hercules. He made 2nd team all ACC all four years (freshman in 2007) despite two blown knees, three broken legs, crushed fingers, colon cancer and whatever else, i didn't read it all.

The guy must be Hercules. He made 2nd team all ACC all four years (freshman in 2007) despite two blown knees, three broken legs, crushed fingers, colon cancer and whatever else, i didn't read it all.

I think it was having the three legs to begin with that gave him a leg up.

I got it...you wanna see it?...heh...yeah....cash money buddy...I see it, YOU see the thread...otherwise...can't help ya...:nono:

At least I got the thread away from the infamous "thread killer"....cough..(AJ)...cough....and back on track.:rocker:

I think it was having the three legs to begin with that gave him a leg up.

I was incorrect, by the way. He was named team Captain and put on awards lists, but he only played 5 games his senior year, no All ACC team.

Probably only two legs too but who's counting.

Probably only two legs too but who's counting.

The Dowling family crest:

images

Honestly some people are blind.

Why when your making this starting analysis of our 2nd round and how horrible we have been do you gloss over our Gronk, Cunningham, Spikes, Chung and Vollmer.

Thats 5 starters out of 7 picks and your saying we can't draft in the 2nd round. That is rediculous.... BTW 2 of which are arguable pro bowlers in Gronk and Vollmer. Your post = BUST

Honestly some people are blind.

Why when your making this starting analysis of our 2nd round and how horrible we have been do you gloss over our Gronk, Cunningham, Spikes, Chung and Vollmer.

Thats 5 starters out of 7 picks and your saying we can't draft in the 2nd round. That is rediculous.... BTW 2 of which are arguable pro bowlers in Gronk and Vollmer. Your post = BUST

It's really quite simple with our friend SanAngeloState - like Captain Stoner, he thinks his opinion carries weight, and he thinks he knows more than the FO and the coaches.

He's not always right, but he's never wrong.

People like him really are best ignored, for your own sanity.

It's really quite simple with our friend SanAngeloState - like Captain Stoner, he thinks his opinion carries weight, and he thinks he knows more than the FO and the coaches.

He's not always right, but he's never wrong.

People like him really are best ignored, for your own sanity.

I noticed that. I just can't phathom how you can go "we have a history of drafting busts e.g buttler and brace" when in the exact same round we got 2 starters one a pro bowler in vollmer. Very next year they all start and gronk is a beast. I also admit i haven't figured out how to put someone on ignore yet

So what's exactly going on with Dowling? I haven't bothered to scan through this entire *****ing to get a definite answer.

He reportedly looked slow in one camp report and now he has sustained an injury? How serious?

So what's exactly going on with Dowling? I haven't bothered to scan through this entire *****ing to get a definite answer.

He reportedly looked slow in one camp report and now he has sustained an injury? How serious?

You seriously expect anyone outside the Patriots inner circle to have any idea on the extent on his injury.

This is Belichick we are talking about.

We'll know when he makes it back onto the practice field or gets IR'ed.

I noticed that. I just can't phathom how you can go "we have a history of drafting busts e.g buttler and brace" when in the exact same round we got 2 starters one a pro bowler in vollmer. Very next year they all start and gronk is a beast. I also admit i haven't figured out how to put someone on ignore yet

The best thing is, he keeps stating Brace is a bust - yet Brace played well last year, remarked upon by most of the people on here, and the media.

He just keeps stating it because he thinks he's a "maverick" and "he speaks only the truth" or whatever bull**** these loners like think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes