Welcome to PatsFans.com

Ras-I Dowling?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by EJ Blitz, Aug 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EJ Blitz

EJ Blitz Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Why is there zero info regarding Ras-I Dowling and training camp? He's in no video or audio interviews and there is no summary of how he's doing in camp. Is this guy hurt? Out of all the rookies this year, I was looking forward most to seeing Dowling because I was absolutely perplexed as to why he was taken at #33. Now aside from him signing, he remains to be seen. Is there any current info on him?
  2. betterthanthealternative

betterthanthealternative Rookie

Ratings:
    +114 / 4 / -0

Apparently he hurt something right out of the gate and there's been the usual cone of silence treatment.
  3. Triumph

Triumph Rookie

Ratings:
    +189 / 45 / -18

#32 Jersey

Pats Pulpit reported he looked lost when he was healthy FWIW.
  4. EJ Blitz

EJ Blitz Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

See I had no idea he was injured. When the hell did he find the time to get injured anyway, he signed like 3 days ago and they've barely worn pads.
  5. charlie2

charlie2 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He signed 3 days ago. Take your pills and relax.
  6. crowell33

crowell33 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Scroll down just a bit and you will read that Ras IR Dowling has participated in just one practice this year before injuring himself. Who could have seen this coming ? Just because he couldn't stay on the field either in high school or in college, I was sure he would turn it all around in the pros. :rolleyes:
  7. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +444 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

I'm not, nor was I at the time, thrilled with this pick. However what you said is a little unfair as he played 12,11,12 games in his first three years at Virginia before playing in just 5 as a Senior. He was generally healthy the first three years.
  8. PatsBoy12

PatsBoy12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0

It's definitely been mentioned in quite a few of the TC articles out there.
  9. neuronet

neuronet Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 2 / -0

#87 Jersey

Definitely was a strange pick so early in the draft, seemed stupid at the time, and moreso now.

My theory is that BB signed him because he wanted to throw folks at Patsfans another player to constantly say is made of glass and start fights over.
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  10. TriplecHamp

TriplecHamp Rookie

Ratings:
    +87 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

lol @ judging rookies after 1 practice...
  11. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +330 / 20 / -48

#50 Jersey

HUH?? Where did you get that he couldn't stay on the field in High School? You mean the same High School where he played CB, WR, and some QB???

I'd love to see the link where you got your information about not being able to stay healthy in high school..

Could you also include the injuries that kept him off the field in 2007, 2008 and 2009???

Also, reviewing the Reiss/Rodak blog, there is no mention of injury to Dowling. All that was mentioned is that he was working with the strength and conditioning coach the past few days.

Considering how high a pick he was, his recent history of a hamstring injury, I wouldn't be surprised if Nash held him back to work on that so that he doesn't re-injure it again.
  12. ausbacker

ausbacker Brady > Manning. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +387 / 5 / -2

#51 Jersey

DaBruinz please don't ask crowell to supply a link. I CBF being directed to PFF again...
  13. Steamer86

Steamer86 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think it is fair to say that he is a bust through 3 practices. We should have picked our stud pass rushing OLB there. Another in a long line of Belichick mistakes. Lucky for him, most of his mistakes end up working out...
  14. NEGoldenAge

NEGoldenAge Banned

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Since BB tried so hard to trade the pick, there were no players that really stood out at that point in the draft. Ras I was probably the BPA in BBs book and worth more than whatever was offered for trades.
  15. italia44

italia44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He's hurt, skippy.....What is the name of the "stud" pass rushing OLB that we should have drafted instead of Dowling?.....Was he "stolen" by the Saints when they traded for our 2nd first-rounder?......By the stud-hungry, OLB-needy, NJ Jets*?.......Is he:"The Man With No Name?"

Bodden, McCourty, Arrington, Chung, Meriweather....yup, there sure is an immediate need for the services of one, Ras-I-Dowling!

Relax....kick back....pop in "3 Games To Glory" on your old dvd player...get out of that hot, hot south carolina sun...This team is stocked; just enjoy the ride, brother.:rocker:
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2011
  16. PatsChamp88

PatsChamp88 Rookie

Ratings:
    +49 / 3 / -0

#75 Jersey

Ras-IR-Dowling LOL
  17. SONS_OF_BELICHICK

SONS_OF_BELICHICK Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

#93 Jersey

cut the kid some slack...its not like we need him for the first ..preseason game. Players are more open to injury ...especially ..after no OTA this year to get these kids going in the right direction. I have a feeling he is going to contribute when the time comes....:rocker:
  18. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

To me this is the epitome of the kneejerk nature of this fanbase lately. They better put their big boy pants on soon 'cause there are going to be a lot of guys MIA for stretches and dinged up early in camp based solely on the lockout.
  19. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

I predict when all is said and done Ras-I Dowling will have a better career than Armanti Edwards.
  20. Richard Camembert

Richard Camembert Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

#54 Jersey

Think it's the-sky-is-falling, or just BB haterade?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.