PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss: "I'm the best wide receiver of all-time"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rice hands down.
Moss is a one trick pony(a very good trick). Sprint down the sideline, outrun the coverage, and let the ball drop into his lap. He doesn't out jump the DB.

I want you to watch this, then apoligize:

Namely the Cincy, first Dolphin, Colts, second Bills, and Giants games.

He's not the greatest, but certainly the most physically gifted. If Moss had a Jerry Rice (or even T.O) like work ethic, he would be so far above any other WR to ever play that it would be ridiculous.

Moss's work ethic is fine.

he just didn't have the luxury of having Montana throwing to him his whole career. He had such luminaries as Daunte Culpepper, and Ken Walter.

JHe takes plays off when he isn't involved in a play. He doesn't block...

Have you ever watched the patriots play. The idea that Moss doesn't block is absurd.

Moss's work ethic is fine.

he just didn't have the luxury of having Montana throwing to him his whole career. He had such luminaries as Daunte Culpepper, and Ken Walter.

I agree, watch "The Moss Method" on youtube....its his training video...he trains as hard as anyone....if people want to knock him for not going hard on every play...fine....but I think he is just one of the few football players who has actually come out and been honest about it...

Here's a snippet from a Belichick Press Conference in 2005 discussing Moss taking plays off as a Raider..

Q: How about him not competing?

BB: I think Randy Moss is a good competitor. I think he's really good. There are times when he isn't going full speed. He probably knows that there's no chance that he would get the ball on that play, not based on the route or the play, based on the way that the coverage has deployed itself and therefore where the quarterback is going to be going with the ball.

Q: Do your receivers ever do things like that?

BB: I think there are a lot of players who do that. Lawrence Taylor. Lawrence Taylor was a great player. Every play wasn't his top effort and he was a high-effort player. I'm not saying that. But, Lawrence Taylor knew what the plays were in the game. He knew on third-and-eight in the fourth quarter was a lot different than first-and-10 in the second quarter. And it was. One of Lawrence's greatest strengths was his biggest plays came in the most critical times in the game. Those were the plays that if you were playing against him, you better be ready for him because of that's...short yardage, goal line, third down, key plays in the game. Were all sitting in there watching the game and you just kind of know, 'Okay, this is a big play in the game coming up. This situation.' That's where Taylor would be at his best. You could find plenty of plays on second-and-three in the second quarter that didn't look like that. You could find that with probably a lot of other players too.

Last edited:
Rice hands down.
Moss is a one trick pony(a very good trick). Sprint down the sideline, outrun the coverage, and let the ball drop into his lap. He doesn't out jump the DB.

Congrats!! This post is now the most ridiculous post I have ever read on Patsfans.com.

Watch this video from his Viking days: YouTube - Randy Moss SuperMan There are 4 times he outjumps the DB in the first minute.

Honestly Moss is top 5 for me but nobody will ever rank above Rice...unless Moss wins a couple of Championships.:D

So, to be the top at your position you need to be on a team that wins a couple of Super Bowls?

I think Rice is the best ever. Moss may be if Brady throws to him for a couple of more years or so.

Honestly Moss is top 5 for me but nobody will ever rank above Rice...unless Moss wins a couple of Championships.:D

Before Moss talks about how great he is, he should stop dropping catchable balls. He does that too much.

They should remind him of his greatness claim the next time he gets the dropsies.

He might have had a case if he had played with a Montana/Young/Brady caliber QB for his entire career.

He might have had a case if hea had not shut it down towards the end in Minn. and with the raiders. Granted with the the likes of Andrew Walter trowing to him his #'s were going to take a hit, however it was his own fault he ended up there. He could have toughed it out in Minn untill he was a FA and then had his choice of QB's to play with.

With all the talking Moss has been doing lately, I'm getting an aura of confidence from him. I think he's going to have an amazing year (a year that could rival 2007). I'm definitely going to try really hard to get him on my fantasy team.

So, to be the top at your position you need to be on a team that wins a couple of Super Bowls?

I think Rice is the best ever. Moss may be if Brady throws to him for a couple of more years or so.

Ya that's kind of how it works. Think about it. I rank Brady ahead of Marino because he has 3 SB's. Marino is top 5 but I cant rank him number 1 because of the other candidates with rings. I rank sweetness ahead of Sanders because of his ring along with other reasons. Jerry Rice is a three time Superbowl champion and he leads virtually every receiving category known to man. I honestly belive that Rice is one of the G.O.A.T. in football.

He might have had a case if hea had not shut it down towards the end in Minn. and with the raiders. Granted with the the likes of Andrew Walter trowing to him his #'s were going to take a hit, however it was his own fault he ended up there. He could have toughed it out in Minn untill he was a FA and then had his choice of QB's to play with.

What do you mean 'shut it down'?

I've followed Moss' NFL career since 1998, and the only year one could say he shut it down was 2006.

Moss got injured in 2004 in the Saints game in the 5th game of that season -- he had 8 TDs in those 5 games.....he played in the next 2 games afterwards when he should'nt have....he started but was severly hobbled and ended up with 0 catches in those 2 games....

In 2005, he was doing just fine until the Chargers game when he got injured again....and suffered the remainder of that season with leg and back injuries. Did not even miss a game that season.

In 2006, yes he did shut it down. If you saw that horrible Oakland Raiders O in 2006 that scored 11 ppg, with the likes of Aaron Brooks and Andrew Walter viturally ignoring Randy until the 4th qtr of games that year....you may have a little more perspective of why he acted the way he did.

Oh, and by the way, Randy NEVER wanted to leave the Vikings! The cheap ass owner at the time, RED MCCOMBS, wanted to save money and TRADED him without Moss' knowledge to the Raiders!

Before Moss talks about how great he is, he should stop dropping catchable balls. He does that too much.

They should remind him of his greatness claim the next time he gets the dropsies.

Before somebody tells me how Great God is, Kids in Africa need to stop starving

Damn some of u people are truly clueless. Lets be totally honest. Most of u guys were never moss fans. (that explains why there is so much misinformation)You tolerate the guy because he is a patriot. Do u care to show me how moss shut it down in minn. How about Oak. And please try to be factual

I honestly belive that Rice is one of the G.O.A.T. in football.

Jerry Rice may be in the top 3 of greatest athletes in any sport, ever.
Many of his records are several deviations better than the 2nd best on the all time lists.

Damn some of u people are truly clueless. Lets be totally honest. Most of u guys were never moss fans. (that explains why there is so much misinformation)You tolerate the guy because he is a patriot. Do u care to show me how moss shut it down in minn. How about Oak. And please try to be factual

How long have you and Moss been dating? Here's Moss on Moss (And I'm one who wanted Moss here, so don't go down that road):

You know all those dropped passes of his this season?

Well, let the man speak for himself:

"Maybe because I'm unhappy and I'm not too much excited about what's going on," Moss said. He was screwing his diamonds back into his ear lobes at this point, polite and cordial as could be, so don't write this off as some angry rant.

"So, my concentration and focus level tend to go down sometimes when I'm in a bad mood.

"All I can say is if you put me in a good situation and make me happy, man, you get good results."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/11/14/SPGN1MCA5U1.DTL

No matter how much lipstick you put on that pig of a statement....

Last edited:
Don't hate the playah, hate the game!
Moss.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft