PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rhamondre Stevenson... "Good run skills, some of the best we've had"

Pape

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
So BB had some big praise for Rhamondre Stevenson... To quote him ""got good run skills, some of the best we've had around here".

the article:

I like Rham, but is he one of/among the best running backs we've had in New England? There's been some bruisers here, if only for a short time... Clock Killin' Corey Dillon, LeGarette Blount, Sam "Bam" Cunningham, Kevin Faulk, Don Calhoun, Antowain Smith (a personal favorite), Jim "No Romo" Nance, Tony Collins... the list of talented guys goes on and on... some here for a moment like Fred Taylor, some who played hard nosed football who made a real impact over a long period of time like Mosi... ( and before you ask i specifically didnt mention 28 because f. that jete, though i don't blame him for taking the money, but it still rankles to this day)

So where would you stack Rham up on that list? If he stays here for a second contract (UFA in 2025) hes in the top 5 across the boards at that point...

The top twenty in yards & yards per game, Rham ranks 19th & 10th respectively after 2 ½ seasons (ranks 93rd in games played)
UxhnHyn.jpg

is T16 for rushing TDs... and only has 6 fumbles to date...
cozDST6.jpg

Incase you want to dig deeper,

Last edited:
But....but...I thought Sony Michel was a bust....

The eye test tells me Rham is a special back. His combination of power and agility is unlike a back the Pats have had. I’m not in favor of paying running backs but if he is reasonable with his demands he should be resigned.

Not the best RB the Pats ever had....but pretty damn good in my book.

Sony was a decent player and was highly success for one post season run, and for that I am forever grateful. But there's no need to drag that argument up again... Unless you are just trying to be a ****head... And in that case, you have, once again, succeeded. Gratz

Sony was a decent player and was highly success for one post season run, and for that I am forever grateful. But there's no need to drag that argument up again... Unless you are just trying to be a ****head... And in that case, you have, once again, succeeded. Gratz
There are a lot of people here who list him as a bust. Am I trying to shine them on? Yes.

There are a lot of people here who list him as a bust. Am I trying to shine them on? Yes.
is this thread about Sony Michel?

No, it isn't.

You want to continue that dead horse of an argument? Then start a thread.

No need to contaminate this thread with your petty spitefulness.

Back on Ignore for you.

Last edited:
is this thread about Sony Michel?

No, it isn't.

You want to continue that dead horse of an argument? Then start a thread.

No need to contaminate this thread with you petty spitefulness.

Back on Ignore for you.
Waaaah!
Waaaah!

Oh no! What are you going to do about it!?

he's perhaps a tick better than a jag, plain and simple. but the way Belichick manages rb with his stupid ****ing platoon Stevenson will never put up huge # or maybe get to prove he really is an above average rb

So BB had some big praise for Rhamondre Stevenson... To quote him ""got good run skills, some of the best we've had around here".

the article:

I like Rham, but is he one of/among the best running backs we've had in New England? There's been some bruisers here, if only for a short time... Clock Killin' Corey Dillon, LeGarette Blount, Sam "Bam" Cunningham, Kevin Faulk, Don Calhoun, Antowain Smith (a personal favorite), Jim "No Romo" Nance, Tony Collins... the list of talented guys goes on and on... some here for a moment like Fred Taylor, some who played hard nosed football who made a real impact over a long period of time like Mosi... ( and before you ask i specifically didnt mention 28 because f. that jete, though i don't blame him for taking the money, but it still rankles to this day)

So where would you stack Rham up on that list? If he stays here for a second contract (UFA in 2025) hes in the top 5 across the boards at that point...

The top twenty in yards & yards per game, Rham ranks 19th & 10th respectively after 2 ½ seasons (ranks 93rd in games played)
UxhnHyn.jpg

is T16 for rushing TDs... and only has 6 fumbles to date...
cozDST6.jpg

Incase you want to dig deeper,
Great post as usual Pape,

Those other patriots Greats and I'll include Curtis Martin. Had the privilege of great QB play. Rham is absolutely IMO a great back. But this porous offense, and jekly and hyde offense line makes it so hard for us to see Rhams full potential. I don't think he'll see a second contract because of the way backs are valued now in the league. Next season is the last on his rookie deal. So I guess alot will hindge on who's the new coach and staff. Just my opinions. Thanks brother!

Great post as usual Pape,

Those other patriots Greats and I'll include Curtis Martin. Had the privilege of great QB play. Rham is absolutely IMO a great back. But this porous offense, and jekly and hyde offense line makes it so hard for us to see Rhams full potential. I don't think he'll see a second contract because of the way backs are valued now in the league. Next season is the last on his rookie deal. So I guess alot will hindge on who's the new coach and staff. Just my opinions. Thanks brother!
good point - what happens to his future here is going to be based on whatever changes are made after this season concludes...

That one’s a weird one. People hated Sony because of where he was drafted, not because of who he was as a player. People would probably view him differently had he been taken later in the draft. But he definitely did a good job while he was here.

good point - what happens to his future here is going to be based on whatever changes are made after this season concludes...
Absolutely. BB being here, and not being here. Both can be true. Rham is collateral damage from the disertion at the QB position. With Zapp becoming the starter and Malik being the back up, more will fall upon Rhams lap now. I just wish he could have benefited like the others did.

Absolutely. BB being here, and not being here. Both can be true. Rham is collateral damage from the disertion at the QB position. With Zapp becoming the starter and Malik being the back up, more will fall upon Rhams lap now. I just wish he could have benefited like the others did.
Last year, and this year, opposing teams have feasted on our running game due to the ... Conundrum involving our QB's and WR's... given a chance if that ever gets straightened out, i think Rham could be much more productive...

Last year, and this year, opposing teams have feasted on our running game due to the ... Conundrum involving our QB's and WR's... given a chance if that ever gets straightened out, i think Rham could be much more productive...
Absolutely agree! He gets YAC on his own.. he's a hard downhill runner, one of best jump cuts in the NFL. He tough as nails. Likely our best player on offense... no offense Trent Brown.. LOL

He had a real tough start to this season though. Running tentatively, blame BOB?

He had a real tough start to this season though. Running tentatively, blame BOB?
Was reported he was dealing with something from TC. So that could have been it.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back