Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve102

Any Man Who Must Say I Am The King Is No True King
PatsFans.com Supporter
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Off-season thread...

I am constantly getting into discussion with a guy here at work about Brady vs. Rodgers. He wants to give all the credit to Belichick and calls Tom a system QB. I know how to handle him, so I don't want this thread to go off on tangents about system QB's, Brady v Belichick, and whether ever or not my co-worker is a dope. (sometimes he is, but mostly he just wants to pick a fight)

Being that it's off-season, I thought we could talk about who the best of the rest are. If you look at the numbers, they are impressive. Brees has lead the league in yardage 7 times, and TD's 4 times. Rodgers has never led the league in yards passing, but his interception ratio is impressive. He's constantly in single digits for total INTs, and only twice has he thrown more than 10 INTs. Eli has accumulated a lot of yards, but I would attribute that to a long career in an era where passing is predominant. He's ahead of Elway in yards, and he's no where near Elway IMO. Big Ben has had some good years, but he's had some very pedestrian years too. Rivers is consistent, but doesn't play for a winning organization.

My take is that Brees doesn't get nearly enough respect for how good/great he is. I chalk that up to media bias. If he played in either the NFC or AFC east, he'd be deified. I think the guy is amazing. Rodgers, on the other hand, gets a lot of credit, and rightly so. I just don't think the body of work is there yet. I think he's at another level, but he needs 4-5 more years and another ring. I'd sign is ass when his contract is up in 2020, and see how he does with Belichick.

Who you got as the best of the rest? How many of these guys playing are locks for the HOF?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand