PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Demario Douglas is a stud - but will his potential ever surface in New England

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I've been watching this kid for the past few games who to me is clearly the best receiver on this team and reminds me of a Tyreek Hill-lite type of receiver who can really be a game changer if/when he ever gets a QB who is NFL caliber and a coaching staff who doesn't put Parker and Bourne as the top threats in the corps

Demario ran a 4.4 in the combine which was 4th best and he shows all the intangibles to be a great wide receiver

Sadly though as long as Belichick and his circus of a coaching staff is in charge we may never see his true potential until he is on another team with a better situation

This guy is gonna be a star..... will it be in Foxboro remains in question.

Not sure I would call him a stud yet. He has been overhyped based on preseason. When he has 2 or more 100 yard receiving games, lets talk then.

Being the best receiver on this team does not say much

Not sure I would call him a stud yet. He has been overhyped based on preseason. When he has 2 or more 100 yard receiving games, lets talk then.

I think he has potential but yeah,this team gives no competition

Not even close to be a stud yet, but they way they use him is very predictable.

Can't call him a stud yet but he has qualities that give him the potential to be a true difference maker. It's not just the quickness and speed, he has the hands in traffic of a much bigger receiver. A slot with speed will go a long way in this offense. Long term I'd prefer he's the #2 to an explosive outside receiver, who he can complement well on the inside. But having him makes the rebuild a bit more palatable.

Pop Douglas feels like Deion Branch with a touch more speed. He's small but he's quick and makes plays.

The problem is that Mac Jones is both indecisive and inaccurate with his throws.

If he made his throws with anticipatiion and led Douglas perfectly, the kid could make a bunch of extra YAC.

So there's a limitation with the QB already.

I'm not sure where Douglas' ceiling is but he has looked good in camp and good when given opportunities.

Hopefully he gets more looks, but we'll just have to wait and see.

You've gotta remember that with the Patriots this is a bottom tier offense so we don't have a lot of strong options.

It would make more sense to me for the Patriots to play both Douglas and Boutte a healthy amount of snaps and see what they can do out there.

But the coaching staff might not agree and I'm not in charge of the player snap count, there's a guy named BB who does that.

Stud?

he strikes me as an Amendola type, maybe a little more speed......he's going to be a solid #3 type guy

What they really should do is put him in Welker role, and run the offense through him like they did those years. Everything stemmed off of welder and it worked because welker could get open running almost every route.
Welker was the first read and if they took him away the second read was designed to capitalize on them doing that.
Douglass has already shown he has the ability to run the same route tree as Welker.

He looked great live in person yesterday. One of the few players on this team who can compete at this level.

Doesn't this argument cut both ways, considering who is throwing him the ball?

If he can catch Corkys wild throws he must be good.

Douglas has potential and in a functional 21st century offense with a capable Qb he could be a top 30 receiver in the league. Id be shocked if he ever turned into a superstar but there is a good skillset to work with and he made some tough catches yesterday.

I don't think Pop will be a stud but he certainly looks like he could be a solid slot receiver. I think a combination of a solid #1, Pop, Bourne and Henry would have potential.

I don't understand how we can say he's a stud based on evidence of his play with the NEP but in the next breath question whether he can be a stud with the NEP.

What they really should do is put him in Welker role, and run the offense through him like they did those years. Everything stemmed off of welder and it worked because welker could get open running almost every route.
Welker was the first read and if they took him away the second read was designed to capitalize on them doing that.
Douglass has already shown he has the ability to run the same route tree as Welker.
He might be too slight …Welker took a lot of punishment

He might be too slight …Welker took a lot of punishment
Douglass seems much bulkier than Welker to me.
Welker really only had the issue with hits to the head and those are rare now.
I’d rather run a good offense that a player is a little more susceptible to injury in than a bad one that everyone stays healthy in.

Just googled it.. both about the same size . Weird I could have sworn welker looked thicker, Douglas to me looks real frail. Plus I guess the fact that he seems to go down pretty quick after contact sends a message he’s not looking for extended contact.

Think he can become a very good WR in this league... hes not there yet, but i like his chances...

There are some things he can work on to improve his game... most specifically first down conversions... he has the ability to create space like Meyers did... Meyers was fantastic at keeping drives alive... while Pop is 6/9 in 3rd down targets, hes only converted 1 first down in the 3rd & whatever category... that pretty blah to be honest...

Hunter Henry, if i am mistaken correct me, is the guy Mac is looking at most... that may have to do with familiarity... considering his longer relationship with Mac, it kinda makes sense... But that's the kind of thing that Douglas should needs to be working on in his development... That situational awareness - where are the sticks? am I past the sticks? is the qb in trouble? etc... whatever the entire decsion making process is...

Otherwise, hes done a lot more than more highly touted wr rooks we've brought in over the past few years...

Simple how would he be doing if he had Mahomes, Allen, Burrow or even Herbert throwing the rock to him?

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back