PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Demario Douglas

The Pats average 2.67 more yards per play with Douglas on the field versus when he’s off, the second-highest differential among their offensive regulars. He gets open faster than any other Patriot receiver and leads them in average separation, per Next Gen Stats. Douglas’ 3.2 yards of separation even out-ranks stars like Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle and Justin Jefferson.

Douglas’ per-play production outpaces them, too. According to Pro Football Focus, whenever Douglas runs a route, he’s gaining an average of 2.23 yards; a number that tiny as he is, but ranks top-20 among NFL receivers with a meaningful number of targets this season.

#1 Slot receiver, Douglas, check. Now let's look at Bourne. He has earned his WR1 by the numbers. No we need to fill WR2 (Thorton, Boutte, Readon). TE's in order, Brown, #1, Hunter #2, Gieseki, #3. Backs are all set. 2 headed monster. O-line, please stay healthy....as is. Same group with Owenu ar RT. I'm a happy Patriot fan again!

#1 Slot receiver, Douglas, check. Now let's look at Bourne. He has earned his WR1 by the numbers. No we need to fill WR2 (Thorton, Boutte, Readon). TE's in order, Brown, #1, Hunter #2, Gieseki, #3. Backs are all set. 2 headed monster. O-line, please stay healthy....as is. Same group with Owenu ar RT. I'm a happy Patriot fan again!
Don't sleep on Jalen Reagor he can paly the Slot too. :cool:

Next WR up: Reagor. Fourth year in the league, was drafted in the first round, one pick before Jefferson!

Patriots Reportedly Signing First-Round Wideout To 53-Man Roster

and quietly doing his job at TE, Pharaoh Brown is catching some attention.
He is quietly the highest-graded tight end in the NFL by Pro Football Focus. The veteran skilled player has a 92.4 overall grade, which tops 76 other tight ends with a minimum of 100 snaps.

Second below Brown on the list is Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce, who has an 88.2 overall grade.

This Patriots TE has highest PFF grade, and it isn't who you think

Not sure why Reagor is ahead of Thornton, but if he emerges and reaches his potential, I guess it doesn’t matter. He’s insanely talented. Still probably unlikely but it seems promising.

Best way I've heard him described is he's the offensive version of Marcus Jones. So the hope is he can run the kinds of plays we saw Marcus succeed on last year, freeing him up to focus on D and PR.

Douglas is also a returner as well, so maybe he can be the primary KR and backup PR.

Gotta see how he looks when the pads come on today though. He's undersized, so him doing well in shorts is one thing. Let's see how he does when DB's can get physical with him.

I’d like to see both on the field together, that poses the same kind of speed issues for defenses that Miami has, albeit it with lesser players.

Not sure why Reagor is ahead of Thornton, but if he emerges and reaches his potential, I guess it doesn’t matter. He’s insanely talented. Still probably unlikely but it seems promising.
That has happened before not far fetched at all. I remember Jabar Gaffney played very well here with Brady and was meh anywhere else.

Reagor is a couple of years older, in his fourth year not second. He spent a month on IR as a rookie, thumb ligament injury, then had two mediocre seasons with the Iggles and Vikes. He‘s talented enough, needs to turn it around. He looked good on his few plays with the Pats, and he’s saying the right things. Give him the opportunities and see what he does with them. As long as he does well keep giving him more chances.

Thornton is younger, seems fragile. Two years in the league, spent more time on IR than on the field. Read somewhere that in his limited playing time last week he managed to run the wrong route on one play. That shouldn’t happen. He’s had plenty of time to learn the playbook. Sit him until he doesn’t make such basic blunders.

I’d like to see both on the field together, that poses the same kind of speed issues for defenses that Miami has, albeit it with lesser players.
Even with Douglas emerging I’d like to see Marcus primarily as a receiver. Two Uber athletic slots at the same time would cause major problems. It worked with Edelman and amendola, and these guys are even better athletes than Danny was.

Thornton ..... Read somewhere that in his limited playing time last week he managed to run the wrong route on one play. That shouldn’t happen. He’s had plenty of time to learn the playbook. Sit him until he doesn’t make such basic blunders.
Yes.

He should have a better grasp of the playbook by now... Speed is meaningless if you aren't where you are supposed to be

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back