PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rams release leading tackler LB Pisa Tinoisamoa - A must for a Pats looksie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm, what position did Belichick consider him at?
IIRC, Tinoisomoa was about 210-215 lbs, and MANY teams felt he was better suited as a safety.
How could it be that bringing in a guy as a potential safety would prove he fits the system at LB???

But, there is also this:

-You say he wouldn't waste a visit, and that proves he fits the system.
-I say he has never 'wasted' a ROSTER SPACE on a LB close to that small.
You conclude that he once brought a guy in for a visit, so he must feel the guy is a fit, yet he has never, in all his time here had a player that small make the roster as a LB.
Which conclusion do you think makes no sense?
give it up man, go take a long walk outside and listen to the birds chirp, that is what i think you really need, get off this forumn and get some fresh air

give it up man, go take a long walk outside and listen to the birds chirp, that is what i think you really need, get off this forumn and get some fresh air

What are you talking about?

if he didnt fit belichicks system why did belichick waste a pre draft vist on him during the nfl draft, your argument makes no sense at all

A number of reasons:

Did Belichick visit him or have him to Foxboro? I missed that in the thread and it is too long to go back now. If he visited the player, maybe he was looking at another player at the school and visited with Tinoisamoa since he was already there. I do assume though since Tinoisamoa played for Hawaii, he came to Foxboro rather than Belichick visiting with him unless he had a Pro Day somewhere in the continental US with other plyers.

Maybe he felt Tinoisamoa would go around the time the player he was targeting would go and Belichick visited with Tinoisamoa for a smoke screen so no one would jump ahead of the Pats to get the player he really wants.

Maybe he liked Tinoisamoa and he wanted to see him and see if he could bulk up and become the player he wants him to be. As someone suggested it was as much of a meeting to take him off the draft board not put him on or raise him up the board.

There are a number of reasons GMs/coaches visit with draft prospects that aren't because they are high on the player. Tinoisamoa may have met with Belichick for one of those reasons rather than his genuine interest in drafting him. I don't know, but there is a possibility.

What are you talking about?
your arguing over the wieght of a football player, you need to take a break, pull yourself together and start enjoying yourself and your life, start by turning your computer off and taking a long walk, by yourself, and dont think about football players wieghts, then i think youll be on the road to recovery

your arguing over the wieght of a football player, you need to take a break, pull yourself together and start enjoying yourself and your life, start by turning your computer off and taking a long walk, by yourself, and dont think about football players wieghts, then i think youll be on the road to recovery

Oh, so trollishly clever.

I suppose that is your way of saying you are wrong.
You injected yourself into a discussion about whether a player would be a good fit on the Patriots. This is a PATSFANS messageboard.
If you think a discussion like this is inappropriate on this message board, I am confused.

I imagine that since you think I am arguing with you, and that means I have issues and should walk away, you have the same issues, dont you know?

I suppose that is your way of saying you are wrong.
You injected yourself into a discussion about whether a player would be a good fit on the Patriots. This is a PATSFANS messageboard.
If you think a discussion like this is inappropriate on this message board, I am confused.

I imagine that since you think I am arguing with you, and that means I have issues and should walk away, you have the same issues, dont you know?
on second thought skip the walk and quickly jump into your car and commit yourself to the psyciatric ward at mass general

I say he has never 'wasted' a ROSTER SPACE on a LB close to that small.
You conclude that he once brought a guy in for a visit, so he must feel the guy is a fit, yet he has never, in all his time here had a player that small make the roster as a LB.

Wesly Mallard. But again, purely ST type of guy.

larry izzo was 5 11 an 235 lbs

AndyJohnson was talking about a Tinoisamoa kind of guy in the 215-220 range. Mallard was listed as a safety in the 2002 draft.

Last edited:
on second thought skip the walk and quickly jump into your car and commit yourself to the psyciatric ward at mass general

These Cavett-like retorts are breathtaking.

AndyJohnson was talking about a Tinoisamoa kind of guy in the 215-220 range. Mallard was listed as a safety in the 2002 draft.

Yes, we have had special teams players that were too small to play LB for us that were listed as LBs but never played LB for real.
If your argument is that Tinoisoma fits the mold of a special teamer who couldnt get on the field at LB in our system, I agree.

if he didnt fit belichicks system why did belichick waste a pre draft vist on him during the nfl draft, your argument makes no sense at all

He also had an interview with Michael Vick even though Vick was clearly going #1 and we had just signed Bledsoe to a long term contract at the time. Sometimes I think he does it just to get intelligence on a player.

J D Sal

Looks like Reiss and Patriots Football Weekly might have had some better insights than anonymous message board fans on this one after all.

Chicago Bears might have to fight Patriots for piece of Pisa | Huddle Up

Too bad Belichick doesn't read this board - otherwise he'd know that there's no way Tinoisamoa could be a fit for this team and wouldn't be wasting valuable time.

Last edited:
Looks like Reiss and Patriots Football Weekly might have had some better insights than anonymous message board fans on this one after all.

Chicago Bears might have to fight Patriots for piece of Pisa | Huddle Up

Too bad Belichick doesn't read this board - otherwise he'd know that there's no way Tinoisamoa could be a fit for this team and wouldn't be wasting valuable time.

Yo, Joe, I'm calling out the know-it-alls too! This one's gonna sting, especially lines like this one - "If Tinoisamoa signs with the Bears, he'd likely be the starter at strong-side linebacker alongside Brian Urlacher and Lance Briggs." What? A glorified safety at LB for the hard knuckle Bears??? yeah, yeah, they play 4-3, I know but at least it means Pisa's not a choir boy in pads.

I'm just having some fun...we can all be sooooo sure of things, eh?:)

Last edited:
Yo, Joe, I'm calling out the know-it-alls too! This one's gonna sting, especially lines like this one - "If Tinoisamoa signs with the Bears, he'd likely be the starter at strong-side linebacker alongside Brian Urlacher and Lance Briggs." What? A glorified safety at LB for the hard knuckle Bears??? yeah, yeah, they play 4-3, I know but at least it means Pisa's not a choir boy in pads.

I'm just having some fun...we can all be sooooo sure of things, eh?:)

Yup - there's a lot of know it alls around here for sure... and they'll even try to convince themselves that that the fact that Tinoisamoa was brought in for a visit was proof that indeed, they were right and the Patriots were never interested in him.

(Don't ask me how that logic works by the way)

I do know I'm not seeing a whole lot of folks here acknowledging that they were wrong on this issue.

Yup - there's a lot of know it alls around here for sure... and they'll even try to convince themselves that that the fact that Tinoisamoa was brought in for a visit was proof that indeed, they were right and the Patriots were never interested in him.

(Don't ask me how that logic works by the way)

I do know I'm not seeing a whole lot of folks here acknowledging that they were wrong on this issue.

I am just starting to figure patsfans.com out...
1) You state your opinion and throw in a few facts.
2) Somebody comes along and just argues for the sake of arguing.
3) The "winner" of the arguement will come back and post about how they were right and the looser will never post on the thread again.

...gotta love this place.

PS: I agree with you on Pisa

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back