PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rams release leading tackler LB Pisa Tinoisamoa - A must for a Pats looksie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably the best post in this thread for summarizing this point of view is Post 58.

I guess I wasn't aware that I had signed a covenant when I registered on Patsfans to discuss topics only as Mike Reiss or the OP frames them; in this case, whether the Pats would have Pisa "on their radar" instead of whether Pisa was a good fit in the defense, which is what this thread is mostly about.

Exactly. Everyone should agree to be a bit more respectful of others perspectives.

The OP suggests that the Patriots might be considering Tinoisamoa

And more than a few fellow Pats fans openly chide and mock him and others because clearly, from their perspective, the OP doesn't understand why Tinoisamoa is not a fit here and Belichick would never consider him.

Then Mike Reiss suggests that the Patriots might be considering Tinoisamoa

and SMY suggests that the Patriots might be considering Tinoisamoa

And Patriots Football Weekly suggests that the Patriots might consider Tinosamoa

And they continue to deny that the Patriots could ever be interested in Tinosamoa.

And then the Patriots actually call in Tinosamoa for an interview - clearly expressing interest.

Is there an apology to the OP? Nope. The same people who mocked him, who have been proven wrong now assert that the Patriots only have an "interest" in players they actually sign.

As much as they might all protest, I think they know now they were wrong and probably won't be quite so righteous next time there's a situation even if they think they're right and everyone else is wrong.

Last edited:
Exactly. Everyone should agree to be a bit more respectful of others perspectives.

The OP suggests that the Patriots might be considering Tinoisamoa

And more than a few fellow Pats fans openly chide and mock him and others because clearly, from their perspective, the OP doesn't understand why Tinoisamoa is not a fit here and Belichick would never consider him.

Then Mike Reiss suggests that the Patriots might be considering Tinoisamoa

and SMY suggests that the Patriots might be considering Tinoisamoa

And Patriots Football Weekly suggests that the Patriots might consider Tinosamoa

And they continue to deny that the Patriots could ever be interested in Tinosamoa.

And then the Patriots actually call in Tinosamoa for an interview - clearly expressing interest.

Is there an apology to the OP? Nope. The same people who mocked him, who have been proven wrong now assert that the Patriots only have an "interest" in players they actually sign.

As much as they might all protest, I think they know now they were wrong and probably won't be quite so righteous next time there's a situation even if they think they're right and everyone else is wrong.

1.) You've twisted what actually happened.

2.) There's no evidence that Pia was looked at to play any traditional 3-4 linebacker. Again, we don't know what he was brought in for.

3.) Reiss claimed the guy would shoot to the top of the list, but he didn't quote any sources in the organization, and neither did the other reporters. Well, he shot so high that they brought him in and signed someone else.

Basically, what happened here was the the O.P. hyped a player and got smacked down for it. It happens, as you well know. It's part of what message boards are for: again, as you well know.

Basically, what happened here was the the O.P. hyped a player and got smacked down for it. It happens, as you well know. It's part of what message boards are for: again, as you well know.

Exactly. He got smacked down for suggesting that the Patriots could be interested in Tinoisamoa.

And yet when the Patriots expressed interest in Tinoisamoa, the "smackers" didn't - and still don't - have the balls to accept it.

I wouldn't say it's "what messageboards are for" - as these types of "know it alls" discourage others who like to "smack down" others only discourage open discussion; again, as you well know.

As far as I'm concerned the "smackers" who think they know more than others (including a few well respected reporters) and are then proven wrong should be "smacked" back a little bit so they might think twice before doing it again.

Last edited:
Well, they could still sign him...

Rams release LB Tinoisamoa, team's leading tackler - Breaking News - Sports - MiamiHerald.com

This guy was the Rams version of Mayo last season - He is a six year player with 135 tackles at LB last season - I think this is a must look at player for New England

Nothing here about him starting at ILB for us. The OP just said that the player is a must look for NE, not a must sign. NE did take a look at him that's why they brought him in. Not to say hello or discuss politics they brought the man in because they were interested in him as a player. Weather playing linebacker or on ST they thought that they might be able to use his services. Maybe they thought Lennon would be cheaper and would bring more to the team than Pisa and maybe he was a better fit than Pisa but they were interested in him. Some people will fight tooth and nail just to try and prove that the Grass isnt green.

Exactly. He got smacked down for suggesting that the Patriots could be interested in Tinoisamoa.

And yet when the Patriots expressed interest in Tinoisamoa, the "smackers" didn't - and still don't - have the balls to accept it.

I wouldn't say it's "what messageboards are for" - as these types of "know it alls" discourage others who like to "smack down" others only discourage open discussion; again, as you well know.

Seems to me that you might just be defining "interest" differently from some other people. They brought him in and didn't sign him. You claim that shows interest. To my way of thinking, that's not necessarily what it meant. When someone asks me if I might be interested in buying something and I say "let me take a look at it", that doesn't mean that I'm interested in it. It just means that I'm willing to take a look before deciding. That could very well be what happened here.

As far as I'm concerned the "smackers" who think they know more than others (including a few well respected reporters) and are then proven wrong should be "smacked" back a little bit so they might think twice before doing it again.

Ive been smacked in other threads so its no biggie but yes,My point of this was to expect this team who is in dire need of another veteran LB who is obviously better than average to come to NE and talk over a contract if he fits the need for this team,I never say sign a player unless that player is an absolute steal and has proven his worthiness on a teams defense very similar to NEs ... and that would be rare.

I did say this before ANY media member thought the same thing but its obvious the team either thought he was too expensive (which is my assumption) or he simply did not fit,But no way am I going to say that Lenon is a better player than Tinoisamoa has been -Its simply either a money issue or Pisa does not fit THIS team.

Last edited:
Seems to me that you might just be defining "interest" differently from some other people. They brought him in and didn't sign him. You claim that shows interest. To my way of thinking, that's not necessarily what it meant. When someone asks me if I might be interested in buying something and I say "let me take a look at it", that doesn't mean that I'm interested in it. It just means that I'm willing to take a look before deciding. That could very well be what happened here.

Yes. I do believe that when a team calls a player's agent, and convinces that agent that they have enough interest in that player to have the agent recommend that his client take the time to get on a flight, drive from the airport, and team representatives actually WANT that player to fly in to meet with them that, yes, that does indicate that they have some "interest" in such a player.

Is that really that difficult to comprehend?

Perhaps you could explain how that indicates that a team has NO interest in a player.

Give the OP credit. He suggested that the Tinoisamoa was someone the Patriots would show interest in. He was chided for it but he was right. Reiss was right. The "smackers" were wrong... they just won't admit it.

Last edited:
Yes. I do believe that when a team calls a player's agent, and convinces that agent that they have enough interest in that player to have the agent recommend that his client take the time to get on a flight, drive from the airport, and team representatives actually WANT that player to fly in to meet with them that, yes, that does indicate that they have some "interest" in such a player.

Is that really that difficult to comprehend?

Perhaps you could explain how that indicates that a team has NO interest in a player.

Give the OP credit. He suggested that the Tinoisamoa was someone the Patriots would show interest in. He was right. Reiss was right. The "smackers" were wrong... they just won't admit it.

Perhaps you should go back and read the thread again. There was basically one truly hostile response in the first 3 pages. The rest of the posts were either joking (mine and yours), or evaluating the player. Ironically enough, post #58 featured you being a smartass towards people who'd been fairly polite towards the O.P., and is a valuable example of how both you and Reiss ended up being wrong based upon known events, given that Pisa visited but did not get signed.

Perhaps further information will come to light which makes your position, and the position of Reiss, seem to be the more accurate position. If we find out that New England offered the guy a high dollar contract and were turned down, you and Reiss would be vindicated. Until then, however, the vindication lies with the other posters.

Last edited:
Perhaps you should go back and read the thread again. There was basically one truly hostile response in the first 3 pages. The rest of the posts were either joking (mine and yours), or evaluating the player. Ironically enough, post #58 featured you being a smartass towards people who'd been fairly polite towards the O.P., and is a valuable example of how both you and Reiss ended up being wrong based upon known events, given that Pisa visited but did not get signed.

Perhaps further information will come to light which makes your position, and the position of Reiss, seem to be the more accurate position. If we find out that New England offered the guy a high dollar contract and were turned down, you and Reiss would be vindicated. Until then, however, the vindication lies with the other posters.

Sure - I read the threads. Though I don't see how Reiss, SMY and Patriots Football Weekly were wrong.

They and the OP stated that they thought the Patriots would be interested in Tinoisamoa - and in fact the Patriots did express interest in Tinoisamoa.

So when the Patriots call Tinoiasamoa's agent, express interest,have him fly to town and meet with him, all of a sudden those that mocked the idea want to redefine "expressing interest" as "show proof that he was offered a contract."

Is that about right?

As you noted in #58 that opinion was mocked with one poster even comparing him to Monty Beisel.

Whether they admit it or not I think those who openly mocked the idea that the Patriots would be interested in Tinoisamoa realize they might want to temper their comments in the future.

Last edited:

Maybe I am missing something. Other than maybe one or two posts, I didn't see anyone really being all that bad to the guy. I thought PATRIOTSFANINPA overhyped the guy and I didn't think he was a good fit, but I don't think I was disrespectful to PATRIOTSFANINPA. If I was I am sorry. These boards are designed for lively debate. People strongly disagree with the original poster, but that is the point of this board isn't it?

Sure - I read the threads. Though I don't see how Reiss, SMY and Patriots Football Weekly were wrong.

They and the OP stated that they thought the Patriots would be interested in Tinoisamoa - and in fact the Patriots did express interest in Tinoisamoa.

So when the Patriots call Tinoiasamoa's agent, express interest,have him fly to town and meet with him, all of a sudden those that mocked the idea want to redefine "expressing interest" as "show proof that he was offered a contract."

Is that about right?

As you noted in #58 that opinion was mocked with one poster even comparing him to Monty Beisel.

Whether they admit it or not I think those who openly mocked the idea that the Patriots would be interested in Tinoisamoa realize they might want to temper their comments in the future.

When I want to buy a house, I'll give general parameters of what I'm looking for to an agent. That agent will tell me that she's found a house that looks something near what I'm looking for. I will then go look at the house to determine my level of interest. If I put in an offer, I was interested. If I don't put in an offer, I wasn't interested.

In the case of the Patriots, they were shopping for a linebacker and/or special teams player. They brought in a couple of them and chose Lenon rather than Pisa. That indicates a basic lack of interest, not a "top of the list" interest. Subsequent information along the lines of the team having offered Pisa a contract would change the equation but, as of now, there's nothing to note any real interest.

As for #58, equating the guy's linebacker play to Monty Beisel isn't disparaging the O.P. Beisel did play in New England, after all, and he's a legitimate player to use for comparisons. Again, it was really just one person who called out the O.P. in those first pages, and that person was chastised, by someone other than yourself, later in the thread.

This is pretty basic stuff.

When I want to buy a house, I'll give general parameters of what I'm looking for to an agent. That agent will tell me that she's found a house that looks something near what I'm looking for. I will then go look at the house to determine my level of interest. If I put in an offer, I was interested. If I don't put in an offer, I wasn't interested.

In the case of the Patriots, they were shopping for a linebacker and/or special teams player. They brought in a couple of them and chose Lenon rather than Pisa. That indicates a basic lack of interest, not a "top of the list" interest. Subsequent information along the lines of the team having offered Pisa a contract would change the equation but, as of now, there's nothing to note any real interest.

All that's great. I guess this is your way of acknowledging that YES - there was interest in Tinoisamoa.

That's pretty much all I'm trying to illustrate here. Mike Reiss said he thought there would be interest in Tinoisamoa. SMY did as well. So too did Patriots Football Weekly. The OP did as well.

All of those views were roundly discounted given the "expert" opinions around here of those who know who, and who wouldn't, be of interest to the Patriots. Clearly they were wrong.

The Patriots had enough interest in Tinoisamoa to contact his agent, fly him in, and meet with him. Most reasonable people would accept that.

Watching folks now bend over backwards to continue to assert the Patriots had no interest is laughable, as are the calls for "proof" that the Patriots had some level of interest (aside from the fact that they contacted his agent and convinced him that they had enough interest to have him come out and attend the meeting they requested).

All that's great. I guess this is your way of acknowledging that YES - there was interest in Tinoisamoa.

That's pretty much all I'm trying to illustrate here. Mike Reiss said he thought there would be interest in Tinoisamoa. SMY did as well. So too did Patriots Football Weekly. The OP did as well.

All of those views were roundly discounted given the "expert" opinions around here of those who know who, and who wouldn't, be of interest to the Patriots. Clearly they were wrong.

The Patriots had enough interest in Tinoisamoa to contact his agent, fly him in, and meet with him. Most reasonable people would accept that.

Watching folks now bend over backwards to continue to assert the Patriots had no interest is laughable, as are the calls for "proof" that the Patriots had some level of interest (aside from the fact that they contacted his agent and convinced him that they had enough interest to have him come out and attend the meeting they requested).

Ok, you're just back on your "I'm wrong and I know it, but I'll keep up with the crap for months anyway" nonsense again. I'm done with this conversation because you're being deliberately obtuse.

As usual.

Last edited:
If they didn't have interest in PT, why did they bring him in?

If you put your resume out there, A potential employer will look at it and based on your credentials, may have interest in you. So they bring you in for a look.

There's some football semantics being played here.

Maybe I am missing something. Other than maybe one or two posts, I didn't see anyone really being all that bad to the guy. I thought PATRIOTSFANINPA overhyped the guy and I didn't think he was a good fit, but I don't think I was disrespectful to PATRIOTSFANINPA. If I was I am sorry. These boards are designed for lively debate. People strongly disagree with the original poster, but that is the point of this board isn't it?

I am cool with all that disagreed - Hell,we are all Patriots fans,right?

Just like in any family you will have fights and arguments so why would anyone expect any different with a large group of NE Patriot lovers?

I still wanted Pisa here but I guess it was not meant to be - At least I was not hyped for Peppers coming to NE or it would have been a HUGE letdown

Ok, you're just back on your "I'm wrong and I know it, but I'll keep up with the crap for months anyway" nonsense again. I'm done with this conversation because you're being deliberately obtuse.

As usual.

To be fair, would you care to give me a list of all the players that the Patriots contacted, flew in, met with, but had absolutely no interest in?

And since you want "proof" that the Patriots had interest in PT (aside from the fact that they contacted him, had him fly in, and met with him) I'm sure you wouldn't mind showing "proof" that they had no interest in any of the players you cite.

If they didn't have interest in PT, why did they bring him in?

If you put your resume out there, A potential employer will look at it and based on your credentials, may have interest in you. So they bring you in for a look.

There's some football semantics being played here.
Yeah, sort of like when they bring draft prospects in for pre-draft workouts. Some they are interested in, some they have little or no interest but something about the player intrigues them and they are curious, and some are just smokescreens, players with whom they have no interest.

Pisa could have been a smokscreen, or the pats were just doing due diligence, or they could have had an interest that died when they saw him in person. They certainly didn't get excited enough to offer him a contract.

Plus, the Pats (and other teams) also bring people in for workouts when they have no current interest because they keep a file on people they may want in the future if an injury occurs.

So, because after Pisa came in and the Pats did nothing about signing him but instead signed a guy who had been in weeks ago, I would have to say the Pats "kicked the tires" but were not interested in pursuing Pisa.

Now watch as soon as I hit SUBMIT REPLY there will be a "Pat's jsut signed Pisa" thread. :bricks:

Wow you guys are good and on the ball to really have the full breakdown of whether a guy fits here much fatser than Reiss,

....who points out that Belichick was interested in him enough out of college to have him in for a pre-draft visit and suggests that Tinoisamoa "would shoot to the top of the LB list and that if the Patriots were serious about adding a veteran at that spot after losing rookie Tyrone McKenzie to a season-ending knee injury, it would make sense that Tinoisamoa would be on their radar."

You'd think that after all these years covering the team Reiss would have learned something.
Well, I like Reiss, but he was dead wrong about Pisa Tinoisamoa.

But he was right that the Pats would add a vet LB after losing McKenzie. It just wasn't Pisa.

To be fair, would you care to give me a list of all the players that the Patriots contacted, flew in, met with, but had absolutely no interest in?

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see any evidence that they paid to fly him in. This could have just been "hey, we're trying some guys out, why don't you show up"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back