PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Radio Gate

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there's a radio network that is the Pats' responsibility, but the NFL quickly determined that the part of the system that was the Pats' responsibility isn't what malfunctioned?

The NFL is responsible for frequency and communication issues. They were trying to track down the problem, and one of their stops was the Patriots radio crew. The Patriots have nothing to do with it.

I hear Goodell is furious and wants to suspend the Patriots radio announcers for illegally invading the Steelers headsets. He initially thought the announcers were physically inside of the headsets but Pash explained to him that that isn't possible. Goodell argued that if they can fit tiny little people inside his car speakers they could easily fit tiny little people inside headphones as well. Pash then explained how radio frequencies work and Goodell turned bright red and stormed out of the office.

Last edited:
Tomlin. What a little *****. I never minded him before but lost any drip of respect I might have had for him after what he just pulled.

Btw I'm with Bertrand and Deossie. The NFL's statement didn't mention the Pats having communication issues and they placed part of the blame on the stadium implying that the Pats might have done something. **** them.

And Tomline knows this and he could have done the honorable thing and said that at the presser instead of his ambiguous, accusatory tirade.

When it comes to issues of questionable integrity, Mike "I didn't try to trip him" Tomlin should just recall that he's living in an all-glass house.

The NFL is responsible for frequency and communication issues. They were trying to track down the problem, and one of their stops was the Patriots radio crew. The Patriots have nothing to do with it.

Ill take your word for it because on another forum im reading that the league only controls the equipment, not the frequencies.

He outright blamed the Patriots in his presser.

Yep, a reporter asked him if he ever had problems like that in other stadiums.

**** face did the "I only want to talk about what happened in this stadium"

Translation - Yes, this happens in other stadiums but saying that would make the Patriots look innocent so I will just continue to act like an ***hole and make it look like its just the Pats stadium.

blah blah blah

As I mentioned in my above post, he was totally pulling the old "geez, funny how things like this always happen when we play here" routine. (Not his exact words, but that is the impression I got)

And yeah, he was pissed.

I just heard it. Pathetic. I actually liked Tomlin. Everybody's built in excuse to losing to the Pats will be some form of cheating or suspect occurrences from now on. Absolutely pathetic. These are professional athletes and coaches . . .

When it comes to issues of questionable integrity, Mike "I didn't try to trip him" Tomlin should just recall that he's living in an all-glass house.
I totally forgot about that until I read this. LMAO

I'm legitimately officially done with the NFL post Brady if this stupid ass **** becomes a new thing. It's not fun anymore.
It is going to get worse. Next home game it will be "The Patriots left a dead mouse in the visiting locker room to try to throw off the other team" "Rumor has it that the mouse had traces of Kraft cheese on it which of course is Bobs company..."

blah blah blah

THe NFL community is not that big but aside from Mike Tomlin noone wants to actually put their name to it. hmmm

Tomlin just made himself look like an idiot on national television. I doubt other members of the community will be rushing to put their name to anything, after that.

It happens every time you come to the stadium but it's the first time you mention it. Riiiight.

I'm legitimately officially done with the NFL post Brady if this stupid ass **** becomes a new thing. It's not fun anymore.
It never was fun. I've said many times that if I did not love this QB and this coach so much, I'd quit. Now, Jamie Collins and Hightower and Ninko have me hooked as well. I really wish I could give up on the league, but I love the players on this team too much. Jimmy G is waiting in the wings and, if he develops into what I think he can be, I may be trapped for at least another decade after Brady. ARRRGGGHHH

Ill take your word for it because on another forum im reading that the league only controls the equipment, not the frequencies.

Technically the frequencies are controlled by the FCC, but the NFL has to have a license to broadcast on the frequency range used by the NFL's equipment. The license is here: http://www.fccinfo.com/CMDProULSLookup.php?tabSearchType=ULMB&tabTextBox1=1101926

I'd also assume (though I can't find details on the equipment) that the broadcast is encrypted to prevent each side from listening to each other, so the Patriots would have to have some NSA level hackers on call to pull this off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST