PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Radio Gate

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a shock. He's been expertly playing the part of jilted ex-girlfriend for like 5 years now.
What happened between Brady/Patriots and Silver to make him act so immature and moronically.

What I'm looking forward to is listening to Tiny Tim Benz the Midget whining tomorrow on Pittsburgh radio. The gift that keeps on giving.

What happened between Brady/Patriots and Silver to make him act so immature and moronically.
Framegate. He actually had a nice piece on Brady after the Super Bowl and then turned into a giant **** when the Wells report came out.

He was totally pissed. Gave the old "this always happens when we come here" routine. I lost a lot of respect for him with that whining.
Why would you ever have had any respect for him to begin with?

In 2010, with Brady just a year from free agency, Michael Silver wrote this:

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/growing-disconnect-brady-contract-talks-173500766--nfl.html

Basically a bunch of pointless speculation in which he insinuated that he had some kind of inside source. Not long after that, Brady signed a new deal. I dunno what went on behind the scenes, but whatever source Silver thought he had clearly wasn't all that good, and ever since he's taken pretty much every possible opportunity to **** on the Pats.

NFL statement, via Giardi twitter pic:

COmLS4nWgAAe-PN.png

When the field was so terrible that the league insisted the Patriots fix it, that was to the team's discredit, even though it had nothing to do with cheating.

Radio reliability that is particularly bad by league standards would be the same thing. They should just solve the problem, difficult outdoor conditions notwithstanding.

The guys on 98.5 seem to think Tomlin was insinuating that the Patriots were behind the headsets (not too surprising). To anyone who actually heard his presser, what is your impression? I didn't hear it myself.

The guys on 98.5 seem to think Tomlin was insinuating that the Patriots were behind the headsets (not too surprising). To anyone who actually heard his presser, what is your impression? I didn't hear it myself.
Yep, a reporter asked him if he ever had problems like that in other stadiums.

**** face did the "I only want to talk about what happened in this stadium"

Translation - Yes, this happens in other stadiums but saying that would make the Patriots look innocent so I will just continue to act like an ***hole and make it look like its just the Pats stadium.

blah blah blah

Last edited:
Rich Eisen ‏@richeisen 9m9 minutes ago
That headsets malfunctioned in a world-class NFL facility is ridiculous. But the defense-to-Gronk connection malfunctioned worse.

like this . he fails to mention the pats dont control the headsets

OK. Apologies if it has been in this thread already, but what is the radio technology for the headsets? Is it entirely portable? If there is anything like a fixed repeater, that's the Pats' responsibility to have work.

Per postgame show:

NFL has a frequency coordinator for every stadium in the league.
They deal with all communication frequencies in the stadium.
Tonight, they knew something was wrong because one of them came busting into the Patriots radio booth. Radio network was vindicated.

So there's a radio network that is the Pats' responsibility, but the NFL quickly determined that the part of the system that was the Pats' responsibility isn't what malfunctioned?

As I mentioned in my above post, he was totally pulling the old "geez, funny how things like this always happen when we play here" routine. (Not his exact words, but that is the impression I got)

And yeah, he was pissed.

There is some serious confirmation bias against the Patriots throughout the league.

Really, whenever an issue pops up at Gillette that obviously pops up without much fanfare elsewhere its gets crazy. Teams think that so much shady stuff happens here and nowhere else because it never blows up into a story when it happens somewhere else. So obviously it only happens here.

Blah blah blah, I am stupid and angry...and got out coached
20131203arTomlin03-2.jpg
...again blah blah blah

Iam exhausted by this ******** all season. Never ends.
Nope. It won't. So we've either got to embrace it or tune it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST