PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Radio Gate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff Howe @jeffphowe
NFL spokesman on the headsets: "The Patriots had nothing to do with it." pic.twitter.com/v7HGdfgJH2

COp5NOzWIAAYOEp.jpg:medium
I don't buy it. What does electricity have to do with sound? :rolleyes:

just watched nfln and they asked many coaches from chip kelly,bill obrien,garrett,caldwell,todd bowles and they all said it happens everywhere. Caldwell said it best, you have to be prepared for it if not that is a problem.

I know WTF Tomlin is but you can't say it in today's world...but's it's not TOO obvious.

Tomlin has got alot of nerve *****ing about headsets.. When one of his loser coaches is being investigated for assaulting a patriots fan. Let me get this straight steeler fans.. Your coach whines and cries like a f@cking baby about headsets that the patriots have nothing to do with. Our head coach doesnt even mention that one of your loser coaches may have commited a felony on a fan. Tomlin go f@ck yourself.

So just out of curiosity has Mike Tomlin, Chris Collinsworth or AL Michaels issued a apology to the Patriots for jumping the gun and getting this whole thing started?

I take it you aren't a racing fan. I'm a big car racing fan too and its so bad now. They have these things called Balance of Performance. Basically if a car is too fast (within the rules specifications mind you) they will slow you down. Or if you can't make a decent car, they speed you up.

It's a joke and these guys put their lives on the line. It isn't racing really, it's a show like WWF. Football outside of NE is becoming that. The Pats are just an outlier and that really grinds at the NFL and their money making policy.

Viper, I am not a racing fan but to bad its also been plagued by a society of idiots. Social media has changed the world and its not good.

Last edited:
If this was not opening weekend, I guarantee you the NFL would have let the Pats twist in the wind. But since this is a big weekend for the NFL, they didn't want this to dominate all the Sunday morning pregame shows.

And the fact that the steelers benefited because they could hear the Pats broadcast.
I'm not sure that hearing Zo wax poetic about how bad your team is playing really benefitted the Steelers, but it probably made some steam come out of their heads.

I'm not sure that hearing Zo wax poetic about how bad your team is playing really benefitted the Steelers, but it probably made some steam come out of their heads.

Sorry- at the time I thought they were reporting the patriots coaching broadcast not radio.

I think Tomlin is about as straight a shooter as they come
Did you really just say that Trip Tomlin is a straight shooter?!?!?! I thought you somewhat credible before reading that statement.

Last edited:
This is ridiculous. I had a good laugh. Some excerpts:

"The nearly unbeatable Atlanta Falcons have an unusually poor record against the lowly New England Patriots. This may shock you, but in the Mike Smith era, it appeared that the Falcons were easily out-coached by the Patriots. How could that possibly happen to Mike Smith, a true football mind?"

" Many thought those games felt fishy, as if the Patriots knew exactly what the Falcons were going to do"

"According to Wikipedia, The entire second half was completely dominated by the Patriots. That does not sound like Smith teams I know."

"The mad genius Belichick found the key to neutralizing the Falcons vaunted pass rush, through his intentional violation of football rules. How else can you explain the Falcons falling apart in the third quarter?"

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2015/9...atriots-cheated-their-way-to-wins-against-the

You been Poe'd...*

A really good poe, tho...

*Sarcasm so good you can't tell it from a sincere, crazy opinion.

The claim in bold is the part that I'd like to see get some attention:

NO SURPRISE AT ALL
This is the kind of stuff that happens to the visiting team in Gillette Stadium all the time. From the start of the game through the opening 14 minutes of the first quarter, the Steelers’ coaches’ headsets were receiving the Patriots Radio Network broadcast of the game. The broadcast was so loud that the Steelers coaches were unable to communicate, and the NFL rule is that if one team’s headsets are not working the other team is supposed to be forced to take their headsets off. It’s what the NFL calls the Equity Rule. Strangely enough, whenever an NFL representative proceeded to the New England sideline to shut down their headsets, the Steelers headsets cleared. Then as the representative walked away from the New England sideline, the Steelers’ headsets again started to receive the Patriots game broadcast.
Bob Labriola
steelers.com​

The word "whenever" implies that this happened multiple times.

The league says that it was going over to shut down the Patriots' comms, when the issue was resolved.
It also says that there was one other short-term glitch later, but makes no mention of anyone going over to shut down the Pats' comms during the second event.

I'd like to know where he got his information.

__

Update: Here is Labriola talking about the headset issue (today? yesterday?).

http://www.steelers.com/videos/vide...ts-recap/fa58f53e-a5ca-4133-bf84-00e032639e0e Starting @ 22:38

Labriola now considers it a "dead issue".

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back