PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Probably need to trade Brady and start Garoppolo like right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy has an extensive history covering football for Bleacher Report, we'd better listen to him.

I wonder how many NFL QBs would like to have Brady's game in SB 51 as their worst game of the season, one in which he broke the record for most passing yards in a Super Bowl by 50 yards... and the second most EVER in an NFL playoff game.

Wasn't his Denver game worse? Sure, no pick six but Brady played good in SB51 in my opinion. He had a few bad passes, but also had plenty of good ones.

Wasn't his Denver game worse? Sure, no pick six but Brady played good in SB51 in my opinion. He had a few bad passes, but also had plenty of good ones.

How about SF? The "I only have eyes for Edelman" game.

I still have nightmares about the pass on the second to last play to Bennett that could have been picked. Other than that -- awesome in the 4th quarter.

Yea if Keanu Neal intercepts that ball, they win the game and he becomes the new Malcolm Butler... thank god he did not lol

It was Vic Beasley.

Exactly

Very few will remember him or care because he didn't make the play, and I couldn't be happier about that

Yea if Keanu Neal intercepts that ball, they win the game and he becomes the new Malcolm Butler... thank god he did not lol
Wrong guy but Malcom preserved our lead that won the game Beasley would have only preserved a tie.

Wrong guy but Malcom preserved our lead that won the game Beasley would have only preserved a tie.

True, although that would have made for a pretty stressful overtime

Brady never had elite arm strength in the first place though it is plenty good enough. He has a ton of zip particularly within 20 yards whenever he wants to fit it in a tight spot. That bullet to Edelman on the final drive in over time i think was his max arm strength and it looks plenty good enough to me.

I think he had a few bad passes in the super bowl but every QB tends to have a few bad passes a game. Look at Ryan. He didn't even throw half the passes Brady did and had 2-3 interceptable balls.

One to Chung which his TE had to defend. Also I think he had at least 1 more interceptable pas.

Every pass is " interceptable," it's a bullsh.t made up stat that idiots like those at PFF and other made up sites created to try and create metrics that don't actually exist. Here's one that does exist, interceptions, because they actually "happen," and Brady had.......wait for it.......2.

"Interceptable passes" are passes that weren't actually "intercepted."

I wonder how many NFL QBs would like to have Brady's game in SB 51 as their worst game of the season, one in which he broke the record for most passing yards in a Super Bowl by 50 yards... and the second most EVER in an NFL playoff game.

I know of one.

upload_2017-7-8_8-23-10.png

There is only one who's best game was that good.

Great article by Colm MacCNutbust of Pro Football Fiction regarding the demise of the Patriots dynasty. MacCNutbust was formerly a writer for SportsFantasy Facts and he goes into game metrics and breaks down the 2016 season by loseable games, which he has defined by games that a team was ahead, tied, or behind in and he determines that the Patriots play in 19 loseable games in 2016, and for perspectives only the Falcons played in as many loseable games.

Great read, I would recommend that and Liam O'Hurledonme's article on droppable balls, which are hand-off's that could have been fumbled but weren't. These writers are breaking new ground with their fantasy metrics. Great stuff.

I said it in the other thread but why not again:

The guy doesn't understand basic football. He's an Irishmen who started watching the game in 2004 with no clue. Peter King and others trying to legitimize this bum really is a shame.

Well, it's been 13 years, regardless of where he came from. Seabass came from Germany, made the NFL and absorbed BB's playbook and was a starter on the best team in the NFL within the same time frame.

It's been a long time, which means this guy is just dumb and refuses to learn.

Well, it's been 13 years, regardless of where he came from. Seabass came from Germany, made the NFL and absorbed BB's playbook and was a starter on the best team in the NFL within the same time frame.

It's been a long time, which means this guy is just dumb and refuses to learn.

Yeah I didn't mean that as a way to come off as a snob/against international fans of the game. I was too lazy to write again his examples of misunderstanding of football. My bad.

Quickly:

He had Vernon Adams as QB1 in 2016 (Not even a starter in the CFL)
Thought Cam Newton was great in 2016
Thought Kaepernick was great in 2016
Thinks Bradford is a great QB
Thinks Cousins is a bad QB
Thinks Malcolm Butler is a JAG (that's hilarious)

His eye for the game is terrible.

Metrics guys worry about every metric except one - the score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back