PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Probably need to trade Brady and start Garoppolo like right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Did he not see the passes he completed to Amendola? Ridiculous accuracy on most of them and Amendola doesn't have the biggest catch radius to begin with.

So interceptable passes somehow determines arm strength?

1. If the Edelman catch (The Catch) had any less zip on it it would have been intercepted. (Pass #52 ?)
2. The lob throw to Bennett in the endzone that was deflected by Beasley had nothing to do with arm strength.
3. Brady's incompletion to Hogan down the sideline traveled 56+ yards in the air. (Pass #48 ?)
4. The passes to Edelman, Mitchell and Hogan were all timing routes and all had "zip".

There is nothing wrong with Brady's arm strength.

Last edited:
And what is wrong with being a Patriots homer and writing positive stories about the team? Imagine if you tried to live your life being a positive voice rather than one who complains for finds something wrong with everything...gosh how terrible.
Tom Curran is one of the best. He is pretty objective.

- 466 yards
- Worst game of the season

Oh, ok.

The first half of the SB was obviously not great for Brady and he missed some throws even into the 3rd quarter, but they were moving the ball pretty well. Could've been an entirely different game if not for that Blount fumble.

One of the major issues I saw during SB 51 was the o-line. I remember remarking that once again, the o-line was letting Brady get hit & thrown around like a ragdoll in yet another big game. Even at points throughout the comeback in the 4th Q, Atlanta was getting quick & easy pressure on him, resulting in multiple key sacks for Atlanta.

Atlanta was far too gassed for the last 3 drives, which helped the o-line (and subsequently, Brady) tremendously.

So Tom Brady wins his 5th Super Bowl in dramatic fashion while lighting up Super Bowl record books to be universally regarded as THE G.O.A.T.

But somehow this guys watched the same thing we did and thinks we should all be worried?!?!?!?

This is just proof that you really can try to spin anything.

Quarterbacks have a way of magically losing 80% of their arm strength in between a great performance and the game they were eliminated. Or in the case of Brady, he lost it against Houston, regained it against Pittsburgh, lost it again against Atlanta in the first half, and then regained it again in the second half. Those arms are strange things.

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

From that same article:

“Well he’s not in that top tier where you’ve got guys like Phillip Rivers, and Tony Romo and Brady and Rodgers and Newton and Brees, so in those top seven, eight quarterbacks. I would put him in that next tier where you have Andrew Luck, Russell Wilson, Sam Bradford, guys who would be considered stars if they played on really good offenses.”

Just to be clear, here is tier 1:
Rivers
Romo

Brady
Rodgers
Newton
Brees

And tier 2:
Luck
Wilson
Bradford
Tannehill

I wonder which low tier you could find Matt Ryan, Ben Roethlisberger, or Derek Carr. Maybe the 7th tier?

If Brady's arm is so weak all of a sudden, shouldn't there be other signs to physical decline? I feel like a guy who took the kind of beating he took, especially in the first half of the SB, would then be rendered ineffective the rest of the game. Some, if not most, of Brady's best throws were in the fourth quarter and OT. He was moving very well. I don't think a guy so obviously in physical decline would have looked like that.

More pure disprespeck for Brady...

Writer: Tom Brady's Arm Strength Declining, Super Bowl Was 'By Far His Worst Game Of The Season'

Oh, but wait. There's more pure and utter trash where this came from. If you thought the above was horrendously bad, read this...

Looks like Fahey, whoever he is, is trying to be this year's Monson. I have to think that he wrote this in order to get his name out there. Usually, I'm not one to reward writers like him, but in this case I figured I would make an exception.

Yeah I heard this from Felcher yesterday.. I rolled my eyes. If you actually watched those games I have no idea how you could come up with that kind of analysis.

Pretty sure we discussed this "article" a couple of months ago on this forum.
It's a Friday morning in July.

Training Camp is still weeks away.

I think Kontra posted the article just so he could sit back and watch a few heads explode when they read it and replied.

Fun!

"Worst game of the year" despite probably the best 4th quarter of any QB in SB history, and engineering the greatest comeback.

This guy sounds like gazoo from the Falcons board.

Anybody who simply just watched the 4th Q alone, clearly witnessed NO loss in arm strength. WHATSOEVER

Just finished my film review of last year's regular season and by my count Brady threw 432 INTERCEPTABLE PASSES.

Worst season ever

Good thing he didn't play every game, that would have been a disaster.

Brady never had elite arm strength in the first place though it is plenty good enough. He has a ton of zip particularly within 20 yards whenever he wants to fit it in a tight spot. That bullet to Edelman on the final drive in over time i think was his max arm strength and it looks plenty good enough to me.

I think he had a few bad passes in the super bowl but every QB tends to have a few bad passes a game. Look at Ryan. He didn't even throw half the passes Brady did and had 2-3 interceptable balls.

One to Chung which his TE had to defend. Also I think he had at least 1 more interceptable pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back