PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

POST Game Thread: It was the Best of Times, It was the Worst of Times Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying Gray is dependent on Fleming, I'm agreeing with joker that maybe BB/McDaniels think that's the optimum use of Gray. On those 11 carries, how many times did they use an extra blocker? I think Gray should be allowed to go solo, I'm saying that it's possible that BB/McDaniels don't.
And I'd argue he is so proficient utilizing the lead blocker it would be foolish not to give him one the majority of the time. His running style seems perfect for a "follow your fullback" power scheme.

I think the Patriots should do what works against the opposition. I have no issue with a Fleming-Gray set because Gronk, LaFell and Edelman are more than good enough to create separation on the play-action.

They also like to use Tyms deep on that play action. My preference is to get a TE that is a consistent blocker to replace the TE/6th OL and I should point out that I don't think Wright is that guy, at least for now. Note that that isn't a comment on his ability as a receiver. However I'm not sure who that guy is unless Maxx Williams declares for the draft.

You aren't going to credit Gray for the offensive explosion are you? I will give more credit to the fact that Gronk was used as a sixth lineman blocking in the first half and they let him run routes in the second half. Add the fact that the Pats came out angry in the second half rather than sleep walking to through the game in the second half and the o-line did a much better blocking.

You are really stretching the argument if you think it was because of Gray. In fact, many of the big plays in the second half, Gray wasn't on the field.

My two cents.

At the start of the second half, Brady actually for the first time in the game, lined up at the LOS, with genuine RBs behind him, and handed the ball off from a pro set.
My aquaintances and I throughout the first half began joshing and placing bets whether or when Josh would stop trying to be too cute, and auditioning for a HC gig, with his "genius" on display. None of us accepted a shotgun set with a single small 3rd down back, as a real attempt to run the ball.

As time went on, we kept count and the Pats never lined up in a regular running set, except for two 3-1 dives for FDs, which we agreed didn't count.

We speculated that BBs halftime changes were an aside to Josh "...to knock off the funny stuff, and call and play some real football." The results were apparent from the first snap.

It worked, on the Field and Scoreboard.

WHy is a Bills no name CB now talking about our game...in two weeks? Add it to the list Revis and co.......

And I'd argue he is so proficient utilizing the lead blocker it would be foolish not to give him one the majority of the time. His running style seems perfect for a "follow your fullback" power scheme.

I don't mind that from time to time, I just think it's limiting for that to be a majority thing. Whichever way he's used, I certainly think Gray needs to be used a lot more.

Who is sayin what

Forget his name..it was on twitter earlier...can't find it. Something about...they have been on top for a while now and i am sick of it...we will be ready or something like that.

Had to tell ya buddy but were on top again and will until Brady is gone.

Forget his name..it was on twitter earlier...can't find it. Something about...they have been on top for a while now and i am sick of it...we will be ready or something like that.

Had to tell ya buddy but were on top again and will until Brady is gone.

Thanks for the clear information!

Mike Rodak ‏@mikerodak 2h2 hours ago
Bills CB Corey Graham: “I don’t like the Patriots. They’ve been running this division for a long time. It’s time for change …

More Corey Graham on NE: “ … We’ll have an opportunity to play them at the end of the season and we’ll be ready to roll.”

When is this time for a change going to happen? That's what i want to know...

Does he not know the pats won the division and are on top

Had to tell ya buddy but were on top again and will after Brady is gone.

Fixed that for you.

I don't know what team was out there in the first half, but at least the real Patriot team showed up in the second half.

More Gray going forward please.

Bills CB Corey Graham: “I don’t like the Patriots. They’ve been running this division for a long time. It’s time for change …

More Corey Graham on NE: “ … We’ll have an opportunity to play them at the end of the season and we’ll be ready to roll.”

When is this time for a change going to happen? That's what i want to know...

The funny thing is if the Pats win and the Broncos lose next Sunday, the Bills game will be irrelevant to the Pats..

Corey Graham is a crumb....

grahamcrackercrumbs.jpg

Geno Smith is in for a hurting next week. This defense is 1000 times better than they were last time they played.

BTW, I feel more confident in CIN beating DEN after today than earlier this year. Their defense looked good and they ran the hell out of the ball

CIN needs to pull a Waterboy thinking of football. Pretend Peyton Manning as Johnny Manziel. :D

The funny thing is if the Pats win and the Broncos lose next Sunday, the Bills game will be irrelevant to the Pats..

I know. But Cincy will fold easily. That game will still matter for #1 and we ain't losing that one

WHy is a Bills no name CB now talking about our game...in two weeks? Add it to the list Revis and co.......

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2014/10/12/corey-graham-theyre-nothing-special/
"You don't build off this," he said. "They're a good team. Yeah, they're a good organization, but they're nothing special. They're nothing special."

"We don't care about the Patriots, bro'. That's all I got to say."

So much for not caring about the Patriots... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results