PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll: Is Chris Long an upgrade from Chandler Jones?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Is Chris Long an upgrade from Chandler Jones?

• If he can stay healthy, then yes

Votes: 62 31.6%
  • No

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • Need to see more, but so far, I like what I see!

Votes: 99 50.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My initial post was in response to someone who was using Flowers, rather than Long, as the replacement/upgrade over Jones. My point was simply that Flowers is the replacement/upgrade for Easley. The actual DL labels are not really applicable for all the DL, this year, and the snap count percentages reflect that.
Flowers is playing chandler jones exact role right now.
Jones was always the guy who moved inside on 3rd and long like flowers does now.

Flowers is playing chandler jones exact role right now.
Jones was always the guy who moved inside on 3rd and long like flowers does now.

One could just as accurately note that Flowers is playing the same role that Easley played. He's just getting more snaps for it.

And that's what I'm doing, in the context of answering the "Long's not the replacement, Flowers is the upgrade" post. This shouldn't be that hard for people here, but some of you...

If anything I like how cohesive our Def is shaping up to be. Maybe it's addition by subtraction with these different player pieces BB is using to plug in schemes.

Long has been playing well the last few weeks, I hope he stays healthy for the playoffs because we need that energy on that D line it's Ninko having a mediocre year.

One could just as accurately note that Flowers is playing the same role that Easley played. He's just getting more snaps for it.

And that's what I'm doing, in the context of answering the "Long's not the replacement, Flowers is the upgrade" post. This shouldn't be that hard for people here, but some of you...
But he is not because he is playing de in a 4man line primarily and Easley did not.

Actually sheard was the replacement for jones at the beginning of the season and flowers has now taken that role. You can't use full season snaps and think they have been consistently the same.
ultimately there is also more depth as well so it isn't exactly role for role either.

I'm not doing what you claim, and quit being an ass.
Actually you did EXACTLY what I claimed. You came out and made the draconian claim that Flowers was a DT. There were no qualifiers to your post. You made a flat out statement that he was a DT, and thus implied that any other opinion was wrong. YOU had spoken....and that was that. How typical.

And then you upped the ante by using Long's comments on Flowers as evidence that your ludicrous earlier proclaimation was correct. I didn't do that YOU did. I assume you were smart enough to know that Long was commenting on Flower's versatility NOT where he played regularly, but you did it anyways, because that's who you are. You couldn't just step off your high horse for once and admit that you were wrong. You couldn't even take a step back and say you were misinformed or read it somewhere, or were taken out of context. No that would have taken a bit of humility, so wasn't happening. BTW- You should actually try it sometime, it doesn't hurt at all, judging from my vast experience. ;)

I have no idea why you are even seeing my posts. Given the fact you have neither liked, agreed, found funny, or been informed by anything I've written in the several years since this system has been in place; So I'm at a loss to know why I'm not on your "prize" ignore list. Clearly everything I write is not worthy of your attention or beneath you.

Bottom Line: I wasn't being an "ass". I was just telling the truth. My only character flaw in this case is that a better man probably would have just ignored your insulting post to me. And for that I apologize in adv ance.

He is as good as post thanksgiving Jones.

But he is not because he is playing de in a 4man line primarily and Easley did not.

Actually sheard was the replacement for jones at the beginning of the season and flowers has now taken that role. You can't use full season snaps and think they have been consistently the same.
ultimately there is also more depth as well so it isn't exactly role for role either.

Interestingly, six of Flowers' seven sacks have come from an interior rushing position. That's really impressive for young DEs to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe