PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Troy Vincent Source of False Mortensen Deflategate Report

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score

The information was eventually shown to be false. Mort took the bullet for it, never complaining or calling out his source. (In fact, he clung to the discredited information for months, before his original item at ESPN.com was “clarified” with an acknowledgement that the initial report was incorrect.)

So who was his source? Per a source with knowledge of the situation and as explained in Playmakers, the source for the notorious 11-of-12 footballs report was NFL executive V.P. of football operations Troy Vincent.

Last edited:
casablanca-shocked.gif

Watch how little interest there is in this story this week, I.e., the week in which there is more interest in the NFL than any other in the year.

The Pats being vindicated will be of zero interest because the impetus for the issue right from the outset (i.e., from Goodelll and Pash and their lackeys Vincent and Kensil) was jealousy of Kraft, BB, and TB12. The truth never was important, only the politics. In other words; same crap as goes on in DC every day.

Watch how little interest there is in this story this week, I.e., the week in which there is more interest in the NFL than any other in the year.

The Pats being vindicated will be of zero interest because the impetus for the issue right from the outset (i.e., from Goodelll and Pash and their lackeys Vincent and Kensil) was jealousy of Kraft, BB, and TB12. The truth never was important, only the politics. In other words; same crap as goes on in DC every day.
I wouldn't be shocked if the NFL leaked this thinking how big it blew up last time. They'd rather talk deflategate then Flores even if it's to admit they were wrong.

I wouldn't be shocked if the NFL leaked this thinking how big it blew up last time. They'd rather talk deflategate then Flores even if it's to admit they were wrong.
yeah..you picked up on that too?...you know me, I DEFINITELY think it was a NFLoffices op. This goon thinks WE"RE stupid and in his moronic arrogance sends out the usual memo down the chain of command to create a different pinata to take our poor stupid fool brains off the Flores debacle. Man I really despise this POS...

The same Troy Vincent that was sitting with Albert Riveron (head of officiating) when he was on the headset talking to Saratore when they decided to apply the catch rule differently in the Pats/Eagles SB?

Imagine letting a guy that played for Miami and Buffalo for a combined 6 years and played 8 years for Philly sitting in the refs booth during the SB having a say on calls that change the game between a team he considered a rival for half his career and a team who put him in their HOF

Yep nothing weird about that.

Have thought from the onset of this faux conspiracy was that once the NFL had the initial inflation #'s Goodell thought he finally had BB. Roger needed to believe BB had cheated. When he found out BB had nothing to do with it, he still needed his "pound of Patriots flesh" so he went to the next best thing, #12 and of course the team..

The NFL was controlling the message and leaking snippets to the press, then the destruction of the records (as Florio contends) only seems to validate that this was all BS....

During the draft a few years ago, Troy Vincent stood at the podium like he was innocent (when he was the guilty party alll along) while Kevin Faulk defended Brady

Last edited:
Really?
"Let's deflect from our current corrupt actions by leaking about our older corrupt actions"

Pretty obvious Florio has had this info for some time given that it is included in his new book that wasn't written last week.

comedy adventure GIF

If you destroy the evidence now nobody will really know what happened and deflate gate lives on.

Brian Flores is calling for private or even Government entities outside the NFL to investigate the league. If this happens, the new NFL police would be privy to NFL emails and servers reaching back years. Who knows what they would find.

Things are NEVER as they appear.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back