PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT theory:How this all unfolded

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder whether there's a defamation suit around the leaks of the false readings. Perhaps the defendants could be Mort and a John Doe leaker?

The problem is that Mort probably IS innocent of defamation, and was just lied to by a source.

And on the whole, having looked down the barrel of at least one wholly unjust one, I'm not a fan of libel/defamation kinds of suits.

It's so weird that Florio has been relatively Pro-Brady during this entire thing dating back to January (his website is 100% flip flopping, though), there is absolutely an agenda waiting to be found, but he's been unusually friendly.

And I don't like it.

Kraft chairs the TV Committee and NBC's pact is up next year?

Doesn't Florio's logic also apply to the media? If the mistakes at the start allowed the whole thing to get out of hand, and this is what guides the NFL office's perverse logic (i.e. we really blew it, but we can't admit it, so full speed ahead) doesn't this also apply to the media and especially ESPN?

We just wasted several months on this. ESPN reported on it breathlessly with multiple leaks. A lot of people say Brady is a liar. Players. Analysts. League people. The President joked about it at the Rose Garden ceremony with the Patriots. The Guardian in the UK has written on it. BBC.

Is everyone going to suddenly stop and say, "Oh, this was about nothing; just the weather"? No.

The same logic exists in the media.

That's why you get a story verified by other sources before you run it.

Good point.

Mort put his own credibility behind a story; the story was very wrong; he's never been held accountable.

Even guys like Reiss, who was all but screaming "I'm acting as if I believe Mort because it's my duty to do so irrespective of whether I can confirm that he did his job correctly", haven't doubled back that I recall and done most post-mortem on the Mort error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back