PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Troy Vincent Source of False Mortensen Deflategate Report

The same Troy Vincent that was sitting with Albert Riveron (head of officiating) when he was on the headset talking to Saratore when they decided to apply the catch rule differently in the Pats/Eagles SB?

Imagine letting a guy that played for Miami and Buffalo for a combined 6 years and played 8 years for Philly sitting in the refs booth during the SB having a say on calls that change the game between a team he considered a rival for half his career and a team who put him in their HOF

Yep nothing weird about that.
A guy whose teams were 0-6 versus the Patriots in the Brady/Belichick era after going 6-1 to start his career....

This is like Celtics fans hanging on to the glory days of the big three. Let it go, for god sakes.
stop it sherlock holmes GIF

Can't wait until Godell's state of the league press conferencel later this week...

Pats not only lost a 1st and a 4th but they had the GOAT suspended.
NYJFL should compensate by returning a 1st and a 4th PLUS at least a second 1st as damages compensation. I am serious.
I do acknowledge that Pigs Will Fly before this ever happens.
Bob "Please May I Have Another" Kraft, servant of the 32, will never make this an issue.

https:// bleacherreport.com/articles/2536574-patriots-reveal-email-exchange-with-nfl-over-deflategate-inaccuracies

From 2015 article....
"Glaser added in her email to Pash, in which she forwarded James' email to Aiello, that the ESPN piece is "the latest in league leaks" because the only other people familiar with the information were in the Patriots organization and they "were not talking to ESPN or anyone else."

Pash responded by saying he had no reason to assume the leak came from the NFL and doesn't condone leaks, later adding he would do what he could to prevent media leaks."

I thought that was already common knowledge.
It’s known

But I wouldn’t say it’s common knowledge outside of New England

I can’t tell if some of the responses to Hurley’s tweet are trolling, stupid, or both. Combine the Vincent news with the season’s worth of PSI data being deleted and the scientific data that explains the whole situation as being weather related and it’s clear and it’s clear this was a trumped up witch-hunt. Still, there are several people saying “They still did it, though.”

I had no idea it was Troy Vincent. I always thought it was Kensil
I have always suspected Troy simply because he appears to be the only person dumb enough to say to a reporter that 11 of 12 balls were 2 pounds less. What does that even mean? PSI? Ignorant people got hold of it and it was like wildfire.
I have not like Mortensen to this day. He had soo many opportunities to correct his take but he did not standup.

Pats not only lost a 1st and a 4th but they had the GOAT suspended.
NYJFL should compensate by returning a 1st and a 4th PLUS at least a second 1st as damages compensation. I am serious.
I do acknowledge that Pigs Will Fly before this ever happens.
Bob "Please May I Have Another" Kraft, servant of the 32, will never make this an issue.
1st and a 4th and make Brady play 4 games for the patriots.

The bigger question at play here is when do the owners/media finally start pressuring Goodell to step down. The entire league went to sh!t the day he took over. Let's recap the richness of embarrassment that has been the reign of Goodell

- Myrid player suspensions without pay despite lack of conclusive evidence or convictions.
- Spygate
- Bountygate
- A player lockout and a referee lockout, the later of which resulted the most embarrassing weekend of officiating in the 100 year history of the sport.
- The bungled move of the Rams to Los Angeles and resulting lawsuit
- Refusal to take any stance in the face of the national anthem protests, resulting in the establishment, and rapid rescinding of the absurd "stand or stay in the locker room" rule
-The blacklisting of Colin Kaepernick, and subsequent sham tryouts
- The ongoing inability to define a catch
- The mishandling of Ray Rice's discipline, resulting in an arbitrary commissioner's exempt list that clearly exists as a means to avoid player lawsuits
- Deflategate, the leaking of a false report, the subsequent punishments despite lack of proof, and admission that evidence had been destroyed by the league, after suspending a player for...destruction of evidence
- The ongoing controversy surrounding the Washington Red Commander Football Club, including issues related to the team name, the leaking of the Jon Gruden texts, sexual harassment accusations and cover up
- The refusal to discipline owners (Haslem, Snyder, and let's face it, Kraft) involved in investigations or criminal cases when similar accusations would have resulted in player suspension
- Now the Flores lawsuit, exposing tanking and sham interviews to satisfy the Rooney Rule.

The damage Goodell has done to the league is irreparable. He turned the league into a legitimate sports version of the WWE. Giving Goodell credit for exponential financial growth of the league is akin to giving Bill Clinton credit for the economy of the late 1990's. Goodell was an accidental beneficiary of internet speed, social media, and the two greatest players in the history of the sport. Bud Selig could have overseen similarcsuccess.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back