PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Troy Vincent Source of False Mortensen Deflategate Report

The damage Goodell has done to the league is irreparable. He turned the league into a legitimate sports version of the WWE. Giving Goodell credit for exponential financial growth of the league is akin to giving Bill Clinton credit for the economy of the late 1990's. Goodell was an accidental beneficiary of internet speed, social media, and the two greatest players in the history of the sport. Bud Selig could have overseen similarcsuccess.

Who's #2?

I think we the Patriots fans care more about this than the Krafts. NFL owners care about the future earnings. Kraft knows that he is never going to get the picks back and if he tries than he may lose a seat on the table on league matters.

I can’t tell if some of the responses to Hurley’s tweet are trolling, stupid, or both. Combine the Vincent news with the season’s worth of PSI data being deleted and the scientific data that explains the whole situation as being weather related and it’s clear and it’s clear this was a trumped up witch-hunt. Still, there are several people saying “They still did it, though.”
Dunning-Krueger.......

It's a good thing Kraft never went to Troy Vincent's massage parlors.

Last edited:
In case of emergency, break glass and divert to deflategate story. Golden rule to cover up any wrong doings by nfl. I think deflategate is the NFL’s fall guy.

I have always suspected Troy simply because he appears to be the only person dumb enough to say to a reporter that 11 of 12 balls were 2 pounds less. What does that even mean? PSI? Ignorant people got hold of it and it was like wildfire.
I have not like Mortensen to this day. He had soo many opportunities to correct his take but he did not standup.
No, Kensil was equally as dumb. He told the Pats "we weighed the balls and you're in big trouble". Imagine being stupid enough to think a football weighs over 12 pounds. I suspect that Goodell is equally as brilliant.

No, Kensil was equally as dumb. He told the Pats "we weighed the balls and you're in big trouble". Imagine being stupid enough to think a football weighs over 12 pounds. I suspect that Goodell is equally as brilliant.
All good points. I forgot about that anecdote as well. I can imagine how they set this sting up, they were probably following Jastremski and when he went into the bathroom with the balls, they were salivating. That intercepted ball was not the initiation point. This was a sting ops from the start.

John Clayton and Ian O'Connor believed that as well. I forget what O'Connor said, but Clayton's reasoning was, with Brady being on the injury report with a shoulder issue so often, throwing a 10 pound ball was easier than using a 12 pound one. That's some tortured logic, but I guess it was better than announcing you've never actually picked up a football.

The bigger question at play here is when do the owners/media finally start pressuring Goodell to step down. The entire league went to sh!t the day he took over. Let's recap the richness of embarrassment that has been the reign of Goodell

- Myrid player suspensions without pay despite lack of conclusive evidence or convictions.
- Spygate
- Bountygate
- A player lockout and a referee lockout, the later of which resulted the most embarrassing weekend of officiating in the 100 year history of the sport.
- The bungled move of the Rams to Los Angeles and resulting lawsuit
- Refusal to take any stance in the face of the national anthem protests, resulting in the establishment, and rapid rescinding of the absurd "stand or stay in the locker room" rule
-The blacklisting of Colin Kaepernick, and subsequent sham tryouts
- The ongoing inability to define a catch
- The mishandling of Ray Rice's discipline, resulting in an arbitrary commissioner's exempt list that clearly exists as a means to avoid player lawsuits
- Deflategate, the leaking of a false report, the subsequent punishments despite lack of proof, and admission that evidence had been destroyed by the league, after suspending a player for...destruction of evidence
- The ongoing controversy surrounding the Washington Red Commander Football Club, including issues related to the team name, the leaking of the Jon Gruden texts, sexual harassment accusations and cover up
- The refusal to discipline owners (Haslem, Snyder, and let's face it, Kraft) involved in investigations or criminal cases when similar accusations would have resulted in player suspension
- Now the Flores lawsuit, exposing tanking and sham interviews to satisfy the Rooney Rule.

The damage Goodell has done to the league is irreparable. He turned the league into a legitimate sports version of the WWE. Giving Goodell credit for exponential financial growth of the league is akin to giving Bill Clinton credit for the economy of the late 1990's. Goodell was an accidental beneficiary of internet speed, social media, and the two greatest players in the history of the sport. Bud Selig could have overseen similarcsuccess.
The League cares about one thing:
Black Friday Success GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

John Clayton and Ian O'Connor believed that as well. I forget what O'Connor said, but Clayton's reasoning was, with Brady being on the injury report with a shoulder issue so often, throwing a 10 pound ball was easier than using a 12 pound one. That's some tortured logic, but I guess it was better than announcing you've never actually picked up a football.
Yup. PSI internal pressure is not weight. Sigh.

...or passed eight grade science.

I...am...being...hyp...no...tized...
That's the point. Just buy the laundry and root for your favorite team. Log into your favorite sports app and spend yo money!

The NFL touts their concern for player safety so they better do something about this. A thirteen pound object travelling at 30mph has nearly the same kinetic energy as a 357 magnum round! Clayton and O'Connor were on to something here!

(must I? Ok ... /s)

My guess would be Manning.
Polian clearly.

he was the incinator of all the dumb rules changes to game the league for PaymeAton , probably ordered their own (dolts) unfair stadium advantages (sound pumping and heat, possibly also creating differing air currents in games by opening doors) and of course also incited Ratbirds to complain about deflated footballs.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back