PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Stephen A. Smith swings at De Smith, misses

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Stephen A. Smith swings at De Smith, misses

Third, and perhaps most importantly, Brady went with his own counsel during the investigation — and promptly screwed up the case by refusing to make his cell phone or its contents available to Ted Wells. The NFLPA, given its history of tussling with the league when required, knows not only how to duke it out but also how to engineer a case to make it easier to win, or as the case may be harder to lose.

Brady, for example, would have gotten much more stern and candid (and authoritative) advice from Jeffrey Kessler than Brady got from Don Yee, who has a long history of letting Brady do whatever he wants to do. Without that advice, the NFL wouldn’t have been able to trump up the case after the fact with the notion that Brady “destroyed” his cell phone — a dynamic that was first leaked by someone in the league office to Stephen A. Smith.

NFLPA spokesman George Atallah apparently believes that the leak came from NFL executive V.P. of football operations Troy Vincent.

“Sorry [De] missed the segment,” Atallah said to Stephen A. Smith on Twiter, “he was in court. Say hello to your boy Troy Vincent though. Hope to see you in Bristol soon.”

68644609.jpg

Stephen A Smith can drop dead. He's Troy Vincent's mouthpiece.

Quite possibly Florio's best work ever. Point by point, Florio reduces Stephanie A's arguments to ruble.

Even better, Florio outs Stephanie A as the NFL's go-to useful idiot. At a time when the brightest legal scholars are piling into this deflate gate debacle supporting TB12 and the NFLPA, all the NFL can counter with is the ramblings of ESPN's pontificator of choice substituting his usual race-card screeching with the $$$$$-card argument.

Well done Florio…..I particularly enjoyed this succinct paragraph:

"If that’s his issue, Stephen A. should take it up with the league office. They’re the ones who pulled the pin on the still-exploding grenade by ignoring science, presuming guilt, and engineering the evidence in a way to confirm a predetermined outcome."

I have seen this ignorant talking point from SAS repeated, about how selfish Brady is being.

If Brady wins, this is a major victory for the players. It weakens Article 46 tremendously and they didn't have to give anything up to get it (beyond legal fees).

It also cracks me up when SAS takes up the mantle of how much it is costing the players when I don't see any actual players complaining about same.

I have seen this ignorant talking point from SAS repeated, about how selfish Brady is being.

If Brady wins, this is a major victory for the players. It weakens Article 46 tremendously and they didn't have to give anything up to get it (beyond legal fees).

It also cracks me up when SAS takes up the mantle of how much it is costing the players when I don't see any actual players complaining about same.
That's what's crazy: even Skip realizes that it's a good thing for the players.

It was the NYJFL* that ran to N.Y courts. It was NYJFL* that lost in that same Court. It was the NYJFL* that kept up the fight anyway.

Troy Vincent uses Screamin A as his own personal bi**h and feeds him pro NYJFL* office information. End of story.

It was the NYJFL* that ran to N.Y courts. It was NYJFL* that lost in that same Court. It was the NYJFL* that kept up the fight anyway.
NFL runs to court for Motion to Confirm: Perfectly reasonable
NFL appeals Berman ruling: Perfectly reasonable
Brady appeals 3-judge panel ruling: SELFISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SAS is stubborn, stupid and racist (in most cases) in his arguments.

He is annoyed, as hell, that the brother Demaurice Smith has gone out of his way to help the white boy Tom Brady, more than he's stepped up for any other player, especially the black ones, in the years he's been in his position. That is what what really irks SAS, but he's not going to admit it because his racist mindset will be exposed to millions of predominantly white viewers who tolerate his stupidity on ESPN. It will also destroy his already weak credibility as an "analyst" on this case and any other headlines of the day.

If Cam Newton were in Brady's situation, he wouldn't dare say half the stupid stuff he's saying right now, and this has nothing to do with Troy Vincent.

Skip busted up his argument and lack of logic, regarding D. Smith's statement and SAS continued to jump into the "I'm a black man!" De Smith "Is a black man." He don't disrespect the black man... yet he's doing exactly that. SAS is racist to the point of stupidity.

Stephen A Smith can drop dead. He's Troy Vincent's mouthpiece.

It echoes Vincent's comments from a year or two ago where Vincent said that the NFLPA wastes a lot of money winning court cases against the NFL (ok, he said fighting, not winning) which should go to the former players.

Stephen A. is a pud.

I have to say it even though I wish I didn't. Stephen A Smith isn't racist. He's a loudmouth and a mouthpiece, and a world class narcissist Douchebag, but he calls blacks out as well as whites. He railed all over A Peterson for smacking his child around and he's called out other black athletes a well. Is he somewhat biased, no doubt, but that's also informed by who he is and racism is still alive and well in America. But I don't think this is race based as much as it is mouthing Vincent's views for the scumbags at Park Avenue.

I'm sure many will disagree but that's my painfully honest view of this.

He is however a Brady hater.

I have to say it even though I wish I didn't. Stephen A Smith isn't racist. He's a loudmouth and a mouthpiece, and a world class narcissist Douchebag, but he calls blacks out as well as whites. He railed all over A Peterson for smacking his child around and he's called out other black athletes a well. Is he somewhat biased, no doubt, but that's also informed by who he is and racism is still alive and well in America. But I don't think this is race based as much as it is mouthing Vincent's views for the scumbags at Park Avenue.

The only time I have heard Screamin A talking about race it was ALWAYS telling black people to stop sagging their pants.
He mentions diverse issues as it relates to black folk, positive and negatively. He may be loud, obnoxious, a dumbass and a shrill for the NYJFL as it relates to his employer, and way over the top, but he's not racist. People throw that word out like mascots throw Tshirts.
He talks about head coaches like Marvin Lewis, who after 12 years, has not won ONE playoff game and should be fired, which I actually agree with.

Some black folks call him an Uncle Tom who rides the C train. Some white folks call him racist. Stephen A. Smith is what you would call dually F*cked. Be that as it may, he is still making more money than most of his critics. And that is tragic.

I pretty much agree with your viewpoint on Screamin' A. I also don't think he's a racist per se, although I think he has some biases which most of us do. I think what Smith really dislikes is sharing the spotlight with anyone else. He clearly dislikes the Patriots, Belichick and Brady and I think his New York roots cause him to be anti-Boston teams in general. He is, by and large, a douche and it's clear Vincent and the NFL office play him like a Salvation Army drum. I think Vincent, in particular, winds him up like a toy and then watches and giggles as he rants and raves.

Stephen A Smith is not a racist in that sense but he absolutely plays the race card and race baits when it is convenient to make his point or helps his standing with his viewership, allies or boss's agenda at the expense of others .

Calling Chip Kelly a racist because he was cutting black players was beyond irresponsible.

Calling out Glenn Robinson (who is black) because he doesn't help black coaches was absurd.

Saying the Bucs were racists because they fired Lovie Smith (8-24 in two seasons) was ridiculous.

his New York roots cause him to be anti-Boston teams in general.

The NY thing has a lot to do with it, no doubt...its like the people who also pray too loud in church as if God is so far away, like He can't hear you unless you YELL!

Stephen A Smith is not a racist in that sense but he absolutely plays the race card and race baits when it is convenient to make his point or helps his standing with his viewership, allies or boss's agenda at the expense of others .

Calling Chip Kelly a racist because he was cutting black players was beyond irresponsible.

Calling out Glenn Robinson (who is black) because he doesn't help black coaches was absurd.

Saying the Bucs were racists because they fired Lovie Smith (8-24 in two seasons) was ridiculous.

This is interesting because there was a time when he downed the usage of the "race card" during the Missouri president controversy. It's clear he does things to the benefit of those who pay his bills, which obviously makes sense but is infuriating when others could be on who are more interesting and less bombastic.

This is interesting because there was a time when he downed the usage of the "race card" during the Missouri president controversy. It's clear he does things to the benefit of those who pay his bills, which obviously makes sense but is infuriating when others could be on who are more interesting and less bombastic.

Yes and he is huge hypocrite.

Quite possibly Florio's best work ever. Point by point, Florio reduces Stephanie A's arguments to ruble.

Even better, Florio outs Stephanie A as the NFL's go-to useful idiot. At a time when the brightest legal scholars are piling into this deflate gate debacle supporting TB12 and the NFLPA, all the NFL can counter with is the ramblings of ESPN's pontificator of choice substituting his usual race-card screeching with the $$$$$-card argument.

Well done Florio…..I particularly enjoyed this succinct paragraph:

"If that’s his issue, Stephen A. should take it up with the league office. They’re the ones who pulled the pin on the still-exploding grenade by ignoring science, presuming guilt, and engineering the evidence in a way to confirm a predetermined outcome."

borg, my man, you get an evening with Seven of Nine for that post

Screamin' A's thin skin on full display today on PFT...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back