PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Moss on the Bubble??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Moss on the Bubble??????

I think it's wild speculation, but what do I know.......

Correct me if I am wrong...

I think the Pats signed Moss with the idea that they would be able to cut him before the season without much risk, so the 4PM deadline makes some sense from this perspective. And they do have plenty of WRs without him. That said, Moss showed he was our most talented WR before he got hurt, and he appears to be on teh verge of playing agin, so I am skeptical.

If they had said something like, "NE is still trying to determine whether Moss will be healthy enough to truly warrant his roster spot and salary" I might give it some credence.

I find it *very* hard to believe that NE hasn't had numerous conversations with Moss about "not [being] a focal point of the offense", many of which happened prior to the trade even happened. From everything I have read, most players have a higher opinion of him now than they did before he came aboard.

Last edited:

I don't buy it... Moss hasn't done anything over the past 6 weeks to suggest he would be a distraction.

I like PFT, but they don't quite always get it right all the time.

ONe thing about the article which makes zero since is the line that SVN pointed out.

We scoffed when we heard it, but then a source explained that the question the Pats are believed to be pondering is whether Moss will become a problem if he is not a focal point of the offense -- or if he isn't in the opening-day starting lineup.

Think about it. Are they suggesting that for the first time the Pats are pndering whether Moss might have an attitude problem.

I'm thinking they went through this decision making process before they traded for him.

Now if he has become a problem in the meantime, that is sometime all together different. And the article is not saying that.

Regardless, we will know by the end of the day today.

Well, Armen will be pleased.:rolleyes:

Now that I re-read it, I'm more convinced it's crap........

First off, they admit it doesn't make any sense, but then offer "legitimacy" to it by saying "And we agree that this sounds crazy. Exactly as crazy as, say, any rumors that would have been making the rounds on Friday morning that the Jaguars were planning to part ways with Byron Leftwich."

WTF??????? That the dumbest thing I've ever heard. There is WAY to much upside to Moss to dump him on the "possibility" he might become a problem. Stupid logic. Owlek is right though, if his injury is more severe or they do not think that he'll be able to contribute due to health, then perhaps.

But not for the reasons listed in the article. I also beleive that Harrison is possible at risk for getting dumped. This is franchise realing over the last day or so. They better get there sh!t together for next week.

I also beleive that Harrison is possible at risk for getting dumped. This is franchise realing over the last day or so. They better get there sh!t together for next week.

I think they probably knew about the Harrison thing before this and that's why we haven't seen him lately.

I really think we the fans are more the ones reeling here.

bigfoot1.png

Said it before and I'll say it again...

THERE IS NO WAY RANDY MOSS MAKES THIS TEAM!

But dudes, I was joking. Don't you have someone's trash to comb through or something? LOL... Somebody's going for a "when it rains, it pours" interweb ratings bump.

PFnV

I think they probably knew about the Harrison thing before this and that's why we haven't seen him lately.

I really think we the fans are more the ones reeling here.

Yeah, you're probably right, the Baugher thing couldn't have helped on top of the Harrison stuff though. I hope the locker room leaders like Harr...... errr, the other guys are keeping the guys focused:eek:

this is becoming a strange day...

yeah, just when i thought it was safe to spend the last couple of days of the summer in the pool, i'm checking the board every hour or so...rodney, baugher, now this.

yes, it is strange but credible. watching welker and stallworth in the preseason, i thought that moss was more the icing on the cake than the cake itself. in other words, i won't be surprised by anything that happens today.

Last edited:

Seriously, and I just broke an expensive glass window in my car too.

Wow, they make windows out of GLASS now?

sorry

Yea sure, and maybe Brady will be put on IR for that shoulder injury he's had for the past three years.

Wow, they make windows out of GLASS now?

sorry

actually, i thought it was more some sort of composite than glass anymore. thanks for clarifying. ;)

Truly, I don't care what its made out of. I just know its broken and will cost a chunk of change to fix.

*I apologize for hijacking the thread but really I think the topic of my vehicular issues warrants more discussion than this rumor. If Moss is cut I will eat my words.

I pulled this line from the PFT article.

"then a source explained that the question the Pats are believed to be pondering"

That statement is so weak.

It's not like this guy is a luxury costing them $5,000,000.00.

For what he brings to the table, they have him cheap.

You want my take on things......

This info was probably leaked by opposing team buttboys taking advantage of the Harrison situation and trying to disrupt the team prior to the season start.

It's garbage!!!!

Here's another thing.

All those Randy Moss Jersey's people bought are gonna become quite the collector's item if he gets cut!!!!!

Yeah, you're probably right, the Baugher thing couldn't have helped on top of the Harrison stuff though. I hope the locker room leaders like Harr...... errr, the other guys are keeping the guys focused:eek:

Where "other guys" = Brady, Vrabel, Bruschi, Seymour, etc.

I doubt it will happen, but I wouldn't be shocked. I was always in the camp that I wasn't all that happy to get Moss. I thought it was a low risk move, but I wasn't convinced it would pay off like most. I do have questions about his durability, skills for an entire season, and his attitude if he is not a focal point of this offense. I also felt his vertical skill set may not fit in well with Brady's skill sets of picking a part defenses in slow methodical precision, at least not with Moss as a starter.

I also felt his motivation for a pay cut to play for the Pats had to do in part with him rehabbing his image to cash in next year. If he is going to be a smaller role in the offense than he expects, will he be happy if he ends up being only on the field for 30-40% of the plays (it is a possibility). That probably won't help him get a huge contract next year. Will he start to get lazy and take plays off because of it?

Maybe the Pats think he is dogging in with the injury too much. Maybe Belichick feels that Moss should have been practicing a week or two ago. He did IR Tyrone Poole because Poole refused to play until he was 100%. Moss is on an one year deal and has a roster bonus if he makes the final 53 man roster, so the Pats may opt to cut him instead of IR.

I do think the rumor is probably BS, but it wouldn't be shocking to me if he was cut. I don't know if I buy Florio's speculations to why he would be cut though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back