PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots have an interest in Dolphins TE Mike Gesicki

I would love the possibility but we would have to move up considerably from #46 I think Darnell Washington goes in the mid 30's.
Trade down to mid 20s and trade up from 46 to early 30s using our 3rd rounder to draft dawaaand Jones and Darnell Washington in first two rounds and use the additional mid 40s pick again on a TE i.e Sam Laporta

We have 4 freaking 4th rounders to use a chips to move up

Go get 'em!

All the mock draft simulators I do, it becomes clear that we have too many draft picks lol

Definitely worth using some to move around and get the guys they covet, rather than try to be cute and hope guys fall, etc... Its ok to slightly overpay sometimes when you have the capital and are able to get the guys you want/feel good about

I could also definitely see us just trading back. A lot of the simulators use the draft pick value formula to propose trades and some are pretty tempting, but often require trading back in round 1 of this year for their 1st round pick next year plus other picks

I hope we stay put and get a quality guy, and then move around in 2nd and 3rd round to get the guys high on their list and not be overly focused on "best draft value".. value is obviously important, but so is getting the guys you really want

draft sims are a total crapshoot with the tight ends

I see something different every time, with Darnell being the first TE in rnd 1, others where its Mayer or Musgrove

Waiting for @BaconGrundleCandy to release his rankings so i can get a better idea of who realistically might be where. Its always a guessing game, but he always has good insight and i would argue is fairly accurate overall

the draft sims are so much fun, always helps me learn about college players coming out... i just draft as Pats, and change sites so the RNG is different, etc.. and every time its my turn, i just look at players and read up about them, watch their highlights, etc before i make my pick

always fun and helps me do a nice brain dump before the draft since i dont follow college football

It’s fair to say that the report of him having dinner last night at Patriot Place was bullsh*t. Not a surprise.

draft sims are a total crapshoot with the tight ends

I see something different every time, with Darnell being the first TE in rnd 1, others where its Mayer or Musgrove

Waiting for @BaconGrundleCandy to release his rankings so i can get a better idea of who realistically might be where. Its always a guessing game, but he always has good insight and i would argue is fairly accurate overall

the draft sims are so much fun, always helps me learn about college players coming out... i just draft as Pats, and change sites so the RNG is different, etc.. and every time its my turn, i just look at players and read up about them, watch their highlights, etc before i make my pick

always fun and helps me do a nice brain dump before the draft since i dont follow college football
PTP Board is out. My rankings/grades should be out by the end of next week give or take a few days.

Something like this for TE

Late 1/Early 2
Washington/Mayer

2nd
Kincaid/LaPorta/Tucker Kraft

3rd
Zack Kuntz/Schoonmaker

4th-5th
Strange/Musgrave/Allen

Last edited:
The way I am looking at it is:

Gesicki vs. Jonnu Smith

We lose blocking and rushing ability on end arounds, but gain a more viable pass catcher, red zone threat, and likely for cheaper….

I'm fine with Gesicki for a reasonable 1 or 2 year deal. Really want them to draft Washington though.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back