PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Moss on the Bubble??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Moss on the Bubble??????

Said it before and I'll say it again...

.... Somebody's going for a "when it rains, it pours" interweb ratings bump.

PFnV

That oh-so-cautiously-phrased "report"
on such a hyperbolic topic
reeks of Tangini-ite disinformation.

PFnV must have noticed that, starting with the 9:34 a.m. posting and working down
... 5 out of 6 stories featured slurs against America's New Team.

IMO the source for this report is Michael Felger. Before I stopped listening to his program, Felger had Florio on all the time. They were joined at the hip in their belief Moss was headed to Green Bay this spring. It makes sense that, after the Harrison issue broke, Florio would correspond with one of his Boston area connections, and just as likely that Felger would grind his Randy Moss axe. Notice the report is from a league "insider" who "believes" the Pats are "pondering" this issue. To me this sounds like a peripheral character such as Felger, who likes to throw around fuzzy ideas, the kind of ideas generated by a brain dulled by excessive marijuana use over many years.

Last edited:

load of crap

IMO the source for this report is Michael Felger. Before I stopped listening to his program, Felger had Florio on all the time. They were joined at the hip in their belief Moss was headed to Green Bay this spring. It makes sense that, after the Harrison issue broke, Florio would correspond with one of his Boston area connections, and just as likely that Felger would grind his Randy Moss axe. Notice the report is from a league "insider" who "believes" the Pats are "pondering" this issue. To me this sounds like a peripheral character such as Felger, who likes to throw around fuzzy ideas, the kind of ideas generated by a brain dulled by excessive marijuana use over many years.
That theory makes a lot of sense.

Randy Moss will be on the roster for opening day.

Sure, we can win without him, but his talent cannot be overlooked.

Excellent points - I completely forgot about the Florio/Felger marriage.

Where "other guys" = Brady, Vrabel, Bruschi, Seymour, etc.

I know dude, I was trying to lighten the mood a bit. The doom and gloom of the last couple days is becoming overpowering.

They'll be ready................. with Moss in tow.

I don't buy it... Moss hasn't done anything over the past 6 weeks to suggest he would be a distraction.

I like PFT, but they don't quite always get it right all the time.

I completely agree with this. If it were TO on our team and he was injured, the media would go psycho over everything he might say.

That oh-so-cautiously-phrased "report"
on such a hyperbolic topic
reeks of Tangini-ite disinformation.

PFnV must have noticed that, starting with the 9:34 a.m. posting and working down
... 5 out of 6 stories featured slurs against America's New Team.

Yah. I've seen "clusters" of stories sort of woven into a themed "uberstory" like that before in the fan press (and elsewhere): You have one real story, a story with real facts that's more of a non-story (the Killer Punter), and then one story that's got zero substantiation of any kind. You could substitute "Hey you know what we thought might be weird around the office?" for "sources say" in the Moss story, and it reads about the same.

But it sounds credible. I mean, is BB really feeling good about a safety out for a bad-boy infraction, and about his own personally paid bad-boy receiver sitting out a month with a tweaked hammy -- after he's become famous for "playing when he wants to play..."?

So yeah there's plenty of things that make you go "hmm" floating around, so people can weave them together into this relatively sturdy fictitious speculation.

It's basically guesswork. They float a wacky idea, claim there's a "source" speculating, when in fact they are speculating, and when the blind squirrel finds a nut, they've got a "scoop."

Okay dudes, but like I said, I said back a week after the trade...

There is No Way Randy Moss Makes This Team!

:bricks:

PFnV

he's become famous for "playing when he wants to play..."
Let us not forget that this "famous" quote itself is out of context. The question to Moss was:

What gets you motivated to play?

and the answer was:

I don't need external motivation. I play when I want to play, not for outside reasons.

So, naturally, the media quote was, "I play when I want to play."

Not saying Moss is a choirboy - he's done some pretty stupid things - only that this quote is textbook taken out of context.

Last edited:

Agree that it's a weak report - and I will be pissed if we keep someone like Caldwell over Moss.

yeah, just when i thought it was safe to spend the last couple of days of the summer in the pool, i'm checking the board every hour or so...rodney, baugher, now this.

yes, it is strange but credible. watching welker and stallworth in the preseason, i thought that moss was more the icing on the cake than the cake itself. in other words, i won't be surprised by anything that happens today.

i was thinking the last week end before i was going to return to work was different

It'd be a huge mistake to let Moss go. Who are they going to keep over him? Washington? Caldwell? Give me a break.

The only way Moss gets cut is if his injury is more serious than we all think and hes going to be out a period of time more than 6 weeks. Thats the only way I can see it happening, too much talent.

I really didn't see anything in that report that has me worried. Randy Moss was injured, he's been healing, and he's the same Moss with the same potential baggage as before. We'll have to see him in the regular season in this offense with this team to see how the chemistry question plays out.

Bottom line is he's on the 53 - no question in my mind.

I can't bring myself to read this. I would say there is no way it happens but it seems anything can happen after last night...

Let us not forget that this "famous" quote itself is out of context. The question to Moss was:

What gets you motivated to play?

and the answer was:

I don't need external motivation. I play when I want to play, not for outside reasons.

So, naturally, the media quote was, "I play when I want to play."

Not saying Moss is a choirboy - he's done some pretty stupid things - only that this quote is textbook taken out of context.

Nah, the textbook out-of-context example is the hatchet job on Belichick in the NY Post, where they quote SI quoting a hypothetical made-up Belichick quote, then the NY Post reports that he really said it.

There oughtta be a law.

PFnV

Michael Felger is a lady. He's like some East Coast Ryan Seacrest or neo-Otter Stratton showing Dean Wermer's wife his cucumber ("mine's bigger than that"). Whether or not this PFT-source theory holds water, Felger is trying to push his way onto the inside scene, but he's a day late and a dollar short.

He's "Scrappy Doo." He is Cousin Oliver trying to hook on to "The Brady Bunch." He's Glen Scarpelli suddenly adopted on "One Day at a Time." He's Chachi in a bigger role. Not the pre-pubescent "scamp" Chachi, no - he's the "Joanie Loves Chachi" Chachi, the "Zapped!" Chachi, the "Scott Baio is 45 and Single" Chachi. He's "Felger in Charge."

Lame-ass neo-Borges, poor man's Craig Kilborn. The WORST.

Last edited:
There doesn't seem to be much substance to this report.
For instance it doesn't cite any sources.
Sounds more like idle speculation to me.

Wow,

Didn't see this posted already. If so, sorry
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Honestly, I give this no credibility. Its the same speculation that was broached back when Moss was acquired.. Can Moss live with not being THE GUY. I think that he can. Belichick obviously thought Moss could when he talked to Moss before acquiring the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots